***Official XFL 2020 Thread***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.

Who is your XFL team

Dallas Renegades - HC/GM Bob Stoops
No votes
Houston Roughnecks - HC/GM June Jones
64%
Washington DC Defenders - HC/GM Pep Hamilton
9%
St. Louis Battlehawks - HC/GM Jonathan Hayes
9%
Los Angeles Wildcats - HC/GM Winston Moss
18%
Seattle Dragons - HC/GM Jim Zorn
No votes
New York Guardians - HC/GM Kevin Gilbride
No votes
Tampa Bay Vipers - HC/GM Marc Tresman
No votes

Total votes: 11

Bleed_Green
High-quality H20 provider

Re: ***Official XFL 2020 Thread***

Post by Bleed_Green »

Very interesting day in sports talk both on tv and radio. Unanimous in the positivism about the XFL all around than it did in 2001. Everyone is clamoring for the NFL to get on board with the XFL style kick off already. I hope ESNP keeps Pat McAfee as a side line reporter because he is a natural on the mic with his experience, and Jordan Taamu came in clutch in his first pro start.

rodfather
All-American
All-American

Post by rodfather »

What's funny is that if you familiar with Run and Shoot terminology when you hear June call a play you know what is coming. Also, didn't know this but June has a play called "Aloha."

Overall much better, I like the kickoff and replay transparency. I remember watching the original XFL 19 years ago, much much better.
"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat." --- Jigoro Kano, The Founder of Judo

Bleed_Green

Post by Bleed_Green »

I just noticed something while looking at the schedule.

The 4 undefeated teams play eachother this weekend. One on Saturday, One on Sunday.

June Jones and his Roughnecks take on Jordan Taamu and his Battlehawks.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Watched the LA versus Dallas game with interest in Norm Chow's play calling. Didn't Norm Chow advocate the Pro style offense at UH? Now at LA, he's seen the light and is working in shotgun every play with passes more than running. He should have run that offense at Hawaii. The offense looks more like the run and shoot than a drop back quarterback who is relatively immobile but a pocket passer.

I guess I really didn't care for his comments about Hawaii.
Chow said. “Hawaii’s a hard gig. There’s no money. It’s hard to recruit. All the local players like Marcus Mariota all want to leave and they should leave too. The players were terrific and it’s a great place to live but it was just a tough situation.”
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/20 ... ow-markazi
Sounded more like excuses than reality. Athletes want to play for a winner and Hawaii was not a winner during his tenure.

Bleed_Green

Post by Bleed_Green »

This defense Houston has might be the best defense that June Jones has ever had as a head coach.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

These guys make UH games look good LOL

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/xfl/ha ... li=BBnb7Kz
It looks like the Los Angeles Chargers aren’t the only pro football team struggling to put butts in seats. Check out the scene before the XFL's Los Angeles Wildcats hosted the Dallas Renegades Sunday at Dignity Health Sports Park.

Bleed_Green

Post by Bleed_Green »

ulua wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:59 pm These guys make UH games look good LOL

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/xfl/ha ... li=BBnb7Kz
It looks like the Los Angeles Chargers aren’t the only pro football team struggling to put butts in seats. Check out the scene before the XFL's Los Angeles Wildcats hosted the Dallas Renegades Sunday at Dignity Health Sports Park.
That's not accurate though. For what ever reason the stadium didn't get packed until late in the first quarter because people didn't follow directions of the "clear bag policy". I saw on twitter people posting how mad they were that they had to go back to their cars and leave their bags and what not because it isn't a clear bag (which they sell at the venue as well) they ended up drawing half capacity. They did have the lowest turn out for a debut home game.
https://twitter.com/KonnorFulk_XFL/status/1229219767766089728

rodfather
All-American
All-American

Post by rodfather »

The St. Louis--Houston game was the best game of the 2nd week. Surprised that almost 30,000 people showed up in Seattle. I feel good for St. Louis to have football back since losing the Rams. I feel that San Diego should have a team.
"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat." --- Jigoro Kano, The Founder of Judo

Bleed_Green

Post by Bleed_Green »

rodfather wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:58 pm The St. Louis--Houston game was the best game of the 2nd week. Surprised that almost 30,000 people showed up in Seattle. I feel good for St. Louis to have football back since losing the Rams. I feel that San Diego should have a team.
Oliver luck said ona radio show that according to some polls behind the scenes, the top cities that was surveyed for expansion was Oakland, Baltimore, New Orleans, Tulsa and Portland

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Bleed_Green wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:26 pm
rodfather wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:58 pm The St. Louis--Houston game was the best game of the 2nd week. Surprised that almost 30,000 people showed up in Seattle. I feel good for St. Louis to have football back since losing the Rams. I feel that San Diego should have a team.
Oliver luck said ona radio show that according to some polls behind the scenes, the top cities that was surveyed for expansion was Oakland, Baltimore, New Orleans, Tulsa and Portland
LOL All of which had USFL teams. Miss that league.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

caught houston two weeks in a row due to the second hawaii vs hawaii connection, they're a pretty fun team to watch. houston's qb seriously has an elite ability to move in the pocket, but I kinda fear for his health

rodfather
All-American
All-American

Post by rodfather »

They should hold off on expansion until year 3. They should pick cities without nfl teams in my opinion.

Bleed_Green

Post by Bleed_Green »

There won't be an expansion until they get broadcasting rights that'll secure their future. Right now, they don't even receive any money from Fox and Disney since they're paying for the production costs. They need to prove themselves with decent to good ratings. They're already doing double and triple the viewer numbers of the nba and college basketball after two weeks.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

LA only because I would want to see Norm Chow end his coaching career on a positive note :wink:

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Just 'reps' stand between XFL QB Jordan Ta'amu rejoining the NFL

By Crissy Froyd
February 17, 2020 10:58 am ET

It wasn’t long ago that St. Louis Battlehawks quarterback Jordan Ta’amu suited up for the division rival Houston Texans.

The Tennessee Titans never had to face him, though, as Ta’amu was on the team’s practice squad for just a few short weeks
before he was waived back in August.

Ta’amu, largely regarded as one of the best quarterbacks in the XFL and probably second to only the Houston Roughnecks’ P.J. Walker,
is also considered one of the most likely players to make it back to the NFL.

So what stands between the former Ole Miss quarterback and playing at the next level?

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage