Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Stovall back again?

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I sincerely hope he takes advantage of his opportunity. He's young and is redeemable. Having that threat @ KR, PR and Slot is undeniably exciting.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

My curiousity would be had Rolo continued as HC were the mechanisms in place that would give MS a chance to return. My hunch says yes. However this question needs to be asked by the media.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

sarvicdar wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:41 pm My curiousity would be had Rolo continued as HC were the mechanisms in place that would give MS a chance to return. My hunch says yes. However this question needs to be asked by the media.
Negative!!!!
If Rolo thought that, he would have never kicked him off the team and made a media spectacle of the situation

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

sarvicdar wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:41 pm My curiousity would be had Rolo continued as HC were the mechanisms in place that would give MS a chance to return. My hunch says yes. However this question needs to be asked by the media.
Why? Rolo isn't here.
ImageImage

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

pretty sure Rolo set the conditions for Stovall to return to the team. If there was no chance of being reinstated Stovall wouldn't have stayed in school and trained on his own. Would you? Looks like Stovall fullfilled his end of the bargain thus earning his way back on the team and is reinstated. He had to demonstrate that he wanted to be part of this team.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

welcome back stovall.i remember the td against us in australia.let's do this.

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

https://twitter.com/melquises/status/1232364336972091392

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Thanks for catching this shoichikun808. Nice to hear good news about the young men at UH.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

MS10 is weapon on the receiving and special teams like a few of the greats that ended up in the NFL. The Aloha he receives from coaches, players and fans can help this young man reach greatness. Blessings Melquise

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

graham reaches the players, who are just steps away from their childhood, and is able to share his discipline in a way that the players self-discipline for the rest of their lives. here's hoping stovall thrives under graham's influence. can't wait for spring practice.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Hoping for good things from this young man. On and off the field.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/05/ ... ball-team/
Wide receiver Melquise Stovall on track to return to Hawaii football team

By Stephen Tsai • May 7, 2020

Melquise Stovall, a dynamic receiver/returner, is on track to being fully reinstated to the Hawaii football team.

“He’s doing everything I’ve asked him to do at this point,” head coach Todd Graham said. “And as long as he does that, he’ll be with us. I’ve been very proud of his progress so far. I don’t want to get ahead of myself, either.”

Stovall had productive back-to-back games — two touchdowns catches against Boise State and two against Air Force — when he was dismissed from the team on Oct. 21.

“There are certain expectations required of a football student-athlete here at the University of Hawaii,” then UH coach Nick Rolovich said in an Oct. 21 news release announcing the dismissal. “We hold all of our student-athletes to these standards and expect them to represent our football program to the highest degree. We wish Melquise the best as he moves forward.”

Stovall continued to attend classes the remainder of the semester.

After Graham was hired to succeed Rolovich, who resigned in January to accept the head coaching job at Washington State, several players lobbied for Stovall’s reinstatement.

“They said, ‘he messed up. He made a mistake,’ ” Graham recalled. “(Stovall) came in and said, ‘I was dead wrong. I want a second chance. And Coach, you will not regret it.’ I think everyone deserves that.”

After evaluating the matter, Graham allowed Stovall to participate in team-related offseason activities.

“In my life, I’m thankful people gave me a second chance,” Graham said. “I tell the players I’m all about second chances. I’m not into third or fourth or fifth or sixth (chances).”

Graham added: “When I came in, I said (to the players), ‘the slate’s clean. You have an opportunity to put your best foot forward, and be who you were put on this Earth to be.’ I’ve been pleased with all the guys who have done that.”

Stovall was a consensus 4-star prospect at Paraclete High in Lancaster, Calif. He caught 42 passes for 415 yards and three touchdowns (including one score against UH) as a freshman for California in 2016. He redshirted in 2017, then transferred to Riverside Community College. He transferred to UH last year. In five UH games, he caught 18 passes for 248 yards and five touchdowns, with per-return averages of 27.4 yards on kickoffs and 4.7 on punts.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

Glad he's getting another chance. Hope he does what he is supposed to do.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

He's already got strike two. I feel more sorry for him than I do for the football team if he strikes out.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

TheDuke wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:04 pm pretty sure Rolo set the conditions for Stovall to return to the team. If there was no chance of being reinstated Stovall wouldn't have stayed in school and trained on his own. Would you? Looks like Stovall fullfilled his end of the bargain thus earning his way back on the team and is reinstated. He had to demonstrate that he wanted to be part of this team.
I agree. He would have left if conditions were not set.