Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Stovall back again?

Post by Whateva »

Anyone knows?

uhwarriors

Re: Stovall back again?

Post by uhwarriors »

Don't know if he is back on the team, but he appears to be in school and is around.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Kicked off Cal, then UH. Two strikes. Hope he graduates at a minimum, doesn't have to play.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Hope he gets a shot of redemption.
From what I heard from those close to him, it wasn't as bad as what the media made it out to be and the coach that wanted him off the team is now in Wazzu.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Hope he gets another chance.
ImageImage

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

He is a playmaker, he only has 2 strikes against him he still has 1 strike to use, Let’em play

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

ulua wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:45 am He is a playmaker, he only has 2 strikes against him he still has 1 strike to use, Let’em play
All it takes is one strike to screw up a season.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

So the question is, if he is a head case, and we don't know that for sure, what would he have changed to allow Coach Graham to give him yet another chance?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I was watching his brother Melquan for UNR in their Bowl game and he looked good at 5'8, speedy and a magnet to the ball. Melquan had 7 catches for 84 yards. Melquise, though, has to get rid of that chip on his shoulder and realize he needs the team more than the team needs him. You cannot be a prima donna in any team sport. He showed up somebody on special teams by his body language looking like he was scolding his teammate for not blocking on his punt return on TV. It was a game or two after that he got dismissed and I would imagine that he complained about overthrown or missed passes after he got his 100 yard game. Hopefully, he can graduate in May so that he might ply his trade at some other school or, change his attitude which is pretty tough to do at his age.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

bring him back.you already know cuz.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:50 pmHe showed up somebody on special teams by his body language looking like he was scolding his teammate for not blocking on his punt return on TV.
Trust me bro, this happens at many games with various guys on diffrent positions. It not necessarily head cases, just guys playing with passion.

When offense fails to score or convert a 3rd or 4th down, when the defense gives up a big play, when someone commits penalty, etc.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:01 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:50 pmHe showed up somebody on special teams by his body language looking like he was scolding his teammate for not blocking on his punt return on TV.
Trust me bro, this happens at many games with various guys on diffrent positions. It not necessarily head cases, just guys playing with passion.

When offense fails to score or convert a 3rd or 4th down, when the defense gives up a big play, when someone commits penalty, etc.
Sorry, if it were me coaching, I'd teach the guys not to show up other players on the team. I rarely see the same kind of body language on TV from other teams Pro or college in football, basketball or baseball. Usually when you see the other team start arguing with their own teammates or putting them down, you know you got them beat. Shouting words of encouragement way different from getting down on your teammate for doing something wrong.

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

supposedly he's been seen during offseason workouts practicing with the team. I think he's been reinstated

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Wow, what a turnaround. It would be interesting to actually see a story on what happened last year and how things change this year. No doubt he has the skill.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

i thought stovall would be the on the first southwest airlines flight out of here.this team is tight.i also expected lots of transfers after the coaching change.