New MW TV Contract Details -CBS & Fox Sports, $270m over 6 Years

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Bleed_Green
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: New MW TV Contract Details -CBS & Fox Sports, $270m over 6 Years

Post by Bleed_Green »

Are we still paying for visiting MW teams travel expenses when they fly here? You'd figure every school getting a bigger piece of the pie (tv deal) would mean that UH would no longer need to bleed money out to fly opponents in for games.

I mean, that's on top of everything else that is financially messed up with UH.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

O.K. I could see the Smurfs going to the AAC to be the replacement for UCONN but...their TV deal is probably crappier than what the MW has/will be getting. No way they'll go to the Big XII mainly due to OU and Texas' egos. And no one else wants a school based in Idaho so....

Honestly, as of right now, Boise can't really do anything except gripe like a two-year-old kid!!!!

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Bleed_Green wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:55 pm Are we still paying for visiting MW teams travel expenses when they fly here? You'd figure every school getting a bigger piece of the pie (tv deal) would mean that UH would no longer need to bleed money out to fly opponents in for games.

I mean, that's on top of everything else that is financially messed up with UH.
YUP....UH is still paying for charter flights for the visiting MW teams....while flying commercial coach themselves....YET UH doesn't cry about it....
wyokie wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:56 pmHonestly, as of right now, Boise can't really do anything except gripe like a two-year-old kid!!!!
YUP Again!!! They are definitely like the spoiled child who whines and acts out...to get attention and wants more....when the siblings get anything good.... [-X

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:56 pm O.K. I could see the Smurfs going to the AAC to be the replacement for UCONN but...their TV deal is probably crappier than what the MW has/will be getting. No way they'll go to the Big XII mainly due to OU and Texas' egos. And no one else wants a school based in Idaho so....

Honestly, as of right now, Boise can't really do anything except gripe like a two-year-old kid!!!!
I don't like BSU either. BTW, who's the ho?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 am BTW, who's the ho?
Huh? I don't understand the ?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Apparently Boise sued the MW over this new TV contract and rumors are flying they want out.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Then leave. Their academics suck. They would never be invited to the PAC 12 or the Big 10. Too far from the East Coast and the SEC. Maybe the Big 12, distance also an issue. They tried before. I believe it was an Eastern Conference. The travel for the other conferences is not a good scenario.

They might have to pay subsidies. LOL

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

TheDuke wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 am Then leave. Their academics suck. They would never be invited to the PAC 12 or the Big 10. Too far from the East Coast and the SEC. Maybe the Big 12, distance also an issue. They tried before. I believe it was an Eastern Conference. The travel for the other conferences is not a good scenario.

They might have to pay subsidies. LOL
They almost ended up in the Big East before that conference had a divorce between the basketball schools and football schools. Think an eastern version of the WAC-16 Divorce in 1999.

Only conference I could see the Smurfs going to is the American Athletic Conference since they just lost UCONN to the new version of the Big East (non-football). Otherwise they're up the creek with no paddle. And I could see the AAC saying we'll let you join BUT you have to get rid of that gawd awful blue field first!!!!!!

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

The MWC ended up caving to the crybabies after all !!! :roll: :x

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sp ... ball-bonus https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/status/1225650410653831168