Smith, Stutzmann and Cvercko Attending WSU Rolovich Press Conference

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Smith, Stutzmann and Cvercko Attending WSU Rolovich Press Conference

Post by cabanalane »

Ok, then done deal. No chance for either to stay with UH.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

If Stutz gets the UH HC job, he should tear off the WSU shirt like Hulk Hogan and PUNT it into the trash :) :lol:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Rolo's quote seems to leave the door open for a Stutz return, but Stutz being there in person in Pullman might suggest he's been told "probably not" from Matlin. Otherwise, those photos will be funny going forward. The one week Stutz was a Washington State Cougar.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Perhaps it's the other way around. Matlin said Please.... Stuz said no.

Negotiations are best done in person. One at a time, Wash business office said. All they have to do is show him the $$$. You got Rolo, a system you know, and pick of the top players, and still have that automatic pull to get Hawaii's best. Win win.

Head coach, more work, and criticism staying in Hawaii is not worth it. The stadium is still going to be empty. And fingers will be pointed at Stutz, the HC.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I don't think it's a big deal that they were wearing WSU or that it precludes them from staying with UH. They are just doing what any recruit does on a recruiting visit and trying on the uniform.

For what it's worth... Rolo looks dumb in a suit and red tie.

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

J-Rod wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:10 am Rolo's quote seems to leave the door open for a Stutz return, but Stutz being there in person in Pullman might suggest he's been told "probably not" from Matlin. Otherwise, those photos will be funny going forward. The one week Stutz was a Washington State Cougar.
last minute switching happens all the time in college fb. If you follow a site like FootballScoop its interesting what happens with coaching hires. Stutz is doing his duties as a coach that would follow Rolo if he doesn't get the job here.

Just looking at things related our school/coaches in particular

Leach renewed his contract in December with Wazzu, only to leave for Miss St in January. (which led way to Rolo's venture there)
Zak Hill took the Hawaii job as OC for a few weeks only to leave for Boise St when they offered him the OC job there
Rolo took Temple & UMass jobs as OC, only to leave/stay/go to Nevada

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:21 am
kapakahi wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:25 pmhttps://www.clarionledger.com/story/spo ... 465582002/
Mike Leach is taking his Wazzu Offensive Coaches (WR, RB, OL; except for TE) along with the Special Teams & Strength Coaches with him to Mississippi State.....which could mean that Rolo might offer assistant coaching positions to Andre Allen, Brian Smith, Mark Weber, Michael Ghobrial, and Dwain Bradshaw.....at minimum....to follow him to Wazzu. SInce Leach is his own OC and QB Coach, Rolo could also offer Stutz as his QB Coach (since a TE Assistant Coach is not needed).

The Wazzu website lists the assistant coaches that Leach didn't take with him to Mississippi State.
https://wsucougars.com/sports/football/ ... er-coaches
Also , Rolo will probably assemble the majority of his new Wazzu coaching staff....offering some (if not all) of his UH assistant coaches....at latest by next week too....since Wazzu still has some available initial scholarship spots that also need to be filled on the February NLI Signing Date. As such, each UH assistant coach might be forced into making a quick decision by next week (or even sooner).....whether to follow Rolo to Wazzu…..or to take the risk of being selected as the new UH HC or even just to be retained by the new UH coaching staff as an assistant coach.
Weber now up at Pullman too.....with the others (Stutz, Smith, Cvercko, Ghobrial) that attended yesterday's press conference.....with Bradshaw likely soon to follow..... https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1218390178152103936

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:40 am If Stutz gets the UH HC job, he should tear off the WSU shirt like Hulk Hogan and PUNT it into the trash :) :lol:
If Stutz wants to start this off with a bang, he should walk into the UH press conference wearing that same WSU gear and then punt into the crowd lol

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Is Stutz in the running? That would be great!

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

Rumors are that Stutz did apply for the job. We will see.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

reports are that few to none of the leach coaching staff is staying on. maybe they are moving with leach. anyway, rolo needs a staff he trusts and knows the system he is going to install.

doesn't take much to know what that means.

stranger_808
High-quality H20 provider

Post by stranger_808 »

shoichikun808 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 am Rumors are that Stutz did apply for the job. We will see.
I hope you're right, *crosses fingers & toes.

If Stutz the pick, get Timmy Chang as QB coach and OC. The good thing with a Stutz pick, the St Louis Boyz gonna support him, I'm talking about the alumni, perhaps get some of them from St Louis to come over and coach. IDK
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

kapakahi wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:49 pm
kapakahi wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:21 am
kapakahi wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:25 pmhttps://www.clarionledger.com/story/spo ... 465582002/
Mike Leach is taking his Wazzu Offensive Coaches (WR, RB, OL; except for TE) along with the Special Teams & Strength Coaches with him to Mississippi State.....which could mean that Rolo might offer assistant coaching positions to Andre Allen, Brian Smith, Mark Weber, Michael Ghobrial, and Dwain Bradshaw.....at minimum....to follow him to Wazzu. SInce Leach is his own OC and QB Coach, Rolo could also offer Stutz as his QB Coach (since a TE Assistant Coach is not needed).

The Wazzu website lists the assistant coaches that Leach didn't take with him to Mississippi State.
https://wsucougars.com/sports/football/ ... er-coaches
Also , Rolo will probably assemble the majority of his new Wazzu coaching staff....offering some (if not all) of his UH assistant coaches....at latest by next week too....since Wazzu still has some available initial scholarship spots that also need to be filled on the February NLI Signing Date. As such, each UH assistant coach might be forced into making a quick decision by next week (or even sooner).....whether to follow Rolo to Wazzu…..or to take the risk of being selected as the new UH HC or even just to be retained by the new UH coaching staff as an assistant coach.
Weber now up at Pullman too.....with the others (Stutz, Smith, Cvercko, Ghobrial) that attended yesterday's press conference.....with Bradshaw likely soon to follow..... https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1218390178152103936
Not surprised Weber left. Usually offensive minded coach takes their oline coach with him when he leaves. Our new coach will have to rebuild the offensive staff. Will have to see if Rolo goes after any of our defensive coaches. I am beginning to wonder if WSU becomes another school that snatches up our assistant coaches the way OSU has in the past. It feels like we are a farm team for coaches.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

stranger_808 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:50 am
shoichikun808 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 am Rumors are that Stutz did apply for the job. We will see.
The good thing with a Stutz pick, the St Louis Boyz gonna support him, I'm talking about the alumni, perhaps get some of them from St Louis to come over and coach. IDK
i'm good with Stutz as the new HC....but I'm also good with Mark Banker as the new HC too. Banker has a very good understanding of the local people, community and lifestyle....and has tons of coaching experience & recruiting connections....both local & mainland.

Banker already recruited & signed Turner (from Florida), Hunter (from Arizona), and Soliai-Howlett (from Kahuku) to UH. If Batoon and/or Yoro stay, then there's still that Saint Louis connection anyhow....even if Stutz leaves....to continue to recruit Kalaepohaku as well as the other local schools. Other than the Lee brothers & Vince Passas, the Saint Louis School assistant coaches are not full-time coaches and probably don't have recruiting connections on the mainland so wouldn't add value to the coaching staff.

stranger_808

Post by stranger_808 »

That’s the guy I was thinking about, Vince Passas. From what I hear, he knows how to coach QB’s.
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.