What happened to Defend Priderock?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: What happened to Defend Priderock?

Post by kapakahi »

How ironic that STL '20 QB Jayden DeLaura ends up being the beneficiary of all this.... https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1216950283072225281 https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1216984935048724480

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Also what happened to LiveAlohaPlayWarrior?
Rolo has yet to thank the Hawaii Faithful that stood by him, made financial donations, travelled to road games, etc. Yet to thank Dave Matlin and the University for the opportunity to land his first head coaching gig. Yet to thank his players, staff and athletic department and Nakoa for the 4 year journey.

Well at least that how local people are raised. That's Living Aloha, no? Maybe updating his twitter with new pictures of himself in Wazzu red and a cute Cougar was more of a pressing need :roll:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Even Mike Leach thanked Cougar Nation immediately the same day he was named the new HC at Mississippi State.... https://twitter.com/Coach_Leach/status/1215512769321230336 Image

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Not one mention of thanks or anything related to Hawaii :-? I guess it's a local thing, you either live it or not, it cannot be faked. Auwe!!!
“I’d like to thank President Schulz and Pat for the opportunity and the trust they have put in me to lead these young men,” said Rolovich. “Not only on the football field, but we truly believe we are raising tomorrow’s husbands, fathers and community leaders. The excitement is real and it’s honest. Most recently what Coach Leach has built gives us a high starting point. I appreciate him as a friend and what he has done to build the program. “We are looking forward to learning more about the program, the history, the anecdotes and the legends of WSU football. One of the more attractive things was the community, how it matches a lot of the values we try to live by and I’m excited to raise my family in Pullman. We can’t wait to get up there and get started
https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... 142200084/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Karma. Sometimes it takes a while before it comes back around.

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 am Not one mention of thanks or anything related to Hawaii :-? I guess it's a local thing, you either live it or not, it cannot be faked. Auwe!!!
“I’d like to thank President Schulz and Pat for the opportunity and the trust they have put in me to lead these young men,” said Rolovich. “Not only on the football field, but we truly believe we are raising tomorrow’s husbands, fathers and community leaders. The excitement is real and it’s honest. Most recently what Coach Leach has built gives us a high starting point. I appreciate him as a friend and what he has done to build the program. “We are looking forward to learning more about the program, the history, the anecdotes and the legends of WSU football. One of the more attractive things was the community, how it matches a lot of the values we try to live by and I’m excited to raise my family in Pullman. We can’t wait to get up there and get started
no matter how much one says they Live with Aloha. Locals will see behind any fake speak in the end.
Rolo has moved from Pride Rock to a Den of Cougars. We should move on as well.

Will be interesting if he will have more than a sentence or two at best regarding thanking people during his time in the islands.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 am Not one mention of thanks or anything related to Hawaii :-? I guess it's a local thing, you either live it or not, it cannot be faked. Auwe!!!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Hmmm, wasn't UH the first one to give Dru Brown his only D1 opportunity? Was UH the one to give a coach his first head coaching opportunity at a D1 school and leaving early for what is being perceived as better pastures? See ya coach. Kinda left a little too early.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Just would have been nice if he had said goodbye (Aloha). People would have understood. Did he take the rock?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

https://twitter.com/fyoosha/status/1217013801372962816 Wow, Fuchsia is the gal who planned the UNLV tailgate that over 1000 people attended. She rushed home from the MWC title game to run the Honolulu Marathon in her Hawaii football Jersey

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Next man up (to be fired, coincidentally), will come up with his own slogan. Hope that it's not something like "we will chase championships", but yet a little bit less sappy than "Live Aloha, Play Warrior" and "Pride Rock".
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

His press conference is tomorrow so maybe something will pop up then? Still seems odd he hasn't really said anything. Hope it's nothing bad behind the scenes since he still is a UH alum afterall, but even the release by Matlin was a little odd.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Neighbor wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:17 pm His press conference is tomorrow so maybe something will pop up then? Still seems odd he hasn't really said anything. Hope it's nothing bad behind the scenes since he still is a UH alum afterall, but even the release by Matlin was a little odd.
With who? Rolo and wife landed in Pullman yesterday

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:46 pm
Neighbor wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:17 pm His press conference is tomorrow so maybe something will pop up then? Still seems odd he hasn't really said anything. Hope it's nothing bad behind the scenes since he still is a UH alum afterall, but even the release by Matlin was a little odd.
With who? Rolo and wife landed in Pullman yesterday
His WSU introductory press conference is tomorrow..

stranger_808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by stranger_808 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:42 am Also what happened to LiveAlohaPlayWarrior?
Rolo has yet to thank the Hawaii Faithful that stood by him, made financial donations, travelled to road games, etc. Yet to thank Dave Matlin and the University for the opportunity to land his first head coaching gig. Yet to thank his players, staff and athletic department and Nakoa for the 4 year journey.

Well at least that how local people are raised. That's Living Aloha, no? Maybe updating his twitter with new pictures of himself in Wazzu red and a cute Cougar was more of a pressing need :roll:
Yeah, I was wondering where was the Aloha for players, fans, da islands. I understand leaving for a step up, but you gotta remember where you came from.
No mattah how critical, I support our Warrior players.