2019-2020 Wrestling Season

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
OldManJenkins
High-quality H20 provider

Re: 2019-2020 Wrestling Season

Post by OldManJenkins »

I hear a rumor Terukina going 138 this year, since there is no one to challenge him.
LOL Hoshino at 132 didn't he have a pretty bad showing last year at states at 126? He's tough but with Porter and Ursua can't pick him higher than 3
I wonder where Taam (MOA) is going to end up running away to this year?
Will Pascua be a 3x bride's maid?
Asuncion (MOA) should be in the mix at 113
Getting old no can remember many names from last year.
Girls side.. haha come on now, I've said it before, they don't even matter.They do make states twice as long and my old bladder doesn't like it, those stairs at Blaidell are killer on my knees!

Who the hell made these changes to hydration and effectually changing the weight classes?

Who is the genius who keeps making states a weekday! WTF!!! retired guys no matter though LOL keep killing the sport

Don't you think it is hilarious that Lahainaluna advocated for the change in state seeding rules and shoots themselves (or their Tourney) in the foot? bwahaha
The Almighty GrumpyOldManJenkins coaching from right field is back.. and older

FlyingSquirrel808

Post by FlyingSquirrel808 »

OldManJenkins wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:32 pm I hear a rumor Terukina going 138 this year, since there is no one to challenge him.
LOL Hoshino at 132 didn't he have a pretty bad showing last year at states at 126? He's tough but with Porter and Ursua can't pick him higher than 3
I wonder where Taam (MOA) is going to end up running away to this year?
Will Pascua be a 3x bride's maid?
Asuncion (MOA) should be in the mix at 113
Getting old no can remember many names from last year.
Girls side.. haha come on now, I've said it before, they don't even matter.They do make states twice as long and my old bladder doesn't like it, those stairs at Blaidell are killer on my knees!

Who the hell made these changes to hydration and effectually changing the weight classes?

Who is the genius who keeps making states a weekday! WTF!!! retired guys no matter though LOL keep killing the sport

Don't you think it is hilarious that Lahainaluna advocated for the change in state seeding rules and shoots themselves (or their Tourney) in the foot? bwahaha
You think Ursua is still 132? I have a feeling he moved up to 138. Also, wasn't Porter at 120 last year? If Terukina goes anywhere other than 126, I think Porter would probably slot in there. Asuncion was at 120 last year, so I don't think there's any way he gets down to 113 this year. I agree, states on Wednesday and Thursday is probably the worst thing. Thant week, Monday is a holiday, gotta figure outer island kids miss school Tuesday to fly over and practice at the Blaisdell, Wednesday and Thursday for the tournament, and Friday to fly back. Basically, they miss an entire week of school, but apparently that's not taken into consideration when planning.

I'm curious, what changes to hydration and state seeding happened?

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

Officials is here just took a look @ how much wrestlers registered 957 brackets will be full on the boys side almost every weight class has @ minimum of 40+ even the heavy weights have @ least 30+ should be interesting now that some kids moved up in weight like Terukina @ 132 Porter @126 Tapia @152 Ursua@138

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

Things just got interesting @ 152 with Tapia beating Pagurayan @ officials 138 is another one with Hoshino beating Ursua there is no way Tamm jumps into the mix @ 152 he'll stay @ 160 there should be some big adjustments to the p4p list Porter should move up to # 2 Tamm should be bumped off & Tapia added in my opinion

FlyingSquirrel808

Rds wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:42 pm Things just got interesting @ 152 with Tapia beating Pagurayan @ officials 138 is another one with Hoshino beating Ursua there is no way Tamm jumps into the mix @ 152 he'll stay @ 160 there should be some big adjustments to the p4p list Porter should move up to # 2 Tamm should be bumped off & Tapia added in my opinion
Yeahhh, 138 and 152 were both crazy finals matches. That heavyweight match ended up being good too. Although, I must say Lombard controlled about 5:45 of that match until he got reckless with that front headlock. He could have easily just held on it and milked the rest of that clock out. Either way, that was a fun tournament!

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

I agree good tournament more drama then I anticipated what did you think about I believe it was 113 Ravida when he was put on his back to start the match that should have been a pin both shoulders where flat on the mat I don't know a bout these refs they need to step up there game I think they need a seminar or something to get them up to par & on the same page to much different calls for the same situations especially when they can determine the out come of a match like the Ravida match

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

Looks like 138 @ Paani is going to be a good weight class to watch with Respicio & Estrella more then likely to be clashing in the semi's unless there is a big upset in the quarters & on the other side Beauchamp

FlyingSquirrel808

States got moved back to Friday and Saturday! The wrestling gods are with us!!!

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

FlyingSquirrel808 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:09 pm States got moved back to Friday and Saturday! The wrestling gods are with us!!!
Right on it's about time having it in the middle of the week was a stupid idea they made it hard for parents & friends to come support the wrestlers

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

Any thoughts on the new P4P rankings?

FlyingSquirrel808

Now that the OIA divisionals are done, anybody want to start making their predictions for the OIA Championships next weekend?

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

FlyingSquirrel808 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:46 pm Now that the OIA divisionals are done, anybody want to start making their predictions for the OIA Championships next weekend?
Anything to get this forum moving again. . . Will try to be audacious just to move the needle a bit.
Boys: Team - Moanalua, Kapolei, Waianae will be top 3 depending on health and seeds of line ups.
106: Cordeiro(Wan) over Kamimura(KLN)
113: McBrayer(KPO) over Kamimura(KLN)
120: Asuncion(MOA) over Magsayo(WAN) Possible preview for state finals
126: Baron(ROS) over LUM(PC)
132: Zheng(AIE) over Okura(KLN)
138: Higa(ROS) over Branigan(WAN)
145: Sumiye(MOA) over Lee(CAS)
152: Pagurayan(KPO) over Taam(MOA no way he goes back up to 160) Possible preview for state finals
160: Gooman(CAM) over McCreadle(KAS)
170: Nitahara(MOA) over Vilavong (CAM)
182: Adinwin(MOA) over Aiwohi-Frisby(WAN)
195: Thiravong(RAD) over Kane(KIL)
220: Hanohano(KPO) over Lloyd(KIM) Possible preview for state finals
285: Lombard(KAH) over Leapaga(KPO) Possible preview for state finals
Moanalua(5 finalists, 4 champs) Waianae(4 finalists, 1 Champ) Kapolei(4 Finalists, 3 Champs)
Should be fun(feel free to show where you disagree. . . I know I would)
Girls to come later today(feel free someone else to take a stab at it first)

FlyingSquirrel808

talloola25 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:26 am
FlyingSquirrel808 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:46 pm Now that the OIA divisionals are done, anybody want to start making their predictions for the OIA Championships next weekend?
Anything to get this forum moving again. . . Will try to be audacious just to move the needle a bit.
Boys: Team - Moanalua, Kapolei, Waianae will be top 3 depending on health and seeds of line ups.
152: Pagurayan(KPO) over Taam(MOA no way he goes back up to 160) Possible preview for state finals
Moanalua(5 finalists, 4 champs) Waianae(4 finalists, 1 Champ) Kapolei(4 Finalists, 3 Champs)
Alright, good start. Here goes my difference in opinions:
113: Gonna go with J. Kamimura (KLN) over Chanthabouasith (LEI). Kamimura's brother beat him earlier this year, so maybe they have some inside info.
120: Agree, except I think the state finals might include Ravida from Baldwin though.
132: Okura (KLN) over Gonzales (ROOS). Okura majored Zheng last time they wrestled. I think Gonzales beats Zheng in the semis.
138: I think Higa gets it done, but over Stovall (MCK) instead. Stovall was smoking Ferreira (MOAN) in the semis and then just got caught.
152: No disagreement, but I completely agree that I think Taam got a lot of criticism last year and wants to go after Pagurayan this year.
160: McCreadie (KAS) over Gooman (CAM) instead. McCreadie looks good.
220: Lloyd (KIM) over Hanohano (KPO) instead.
Team: Moanalua, Kapolei, Waianae, Kalani, Campbell...in that order

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

FlyingSquirrel808 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:20 am
talloola25 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:26 am
Alright, good start. Here goes my difference in opinions:
113: Gonna go with J. Kamimura (KLN) over Chanthabouasith (LEI). Kamimura's brother beat him earlier this year, so maybe they have some inside info.
120: Agree, except I think the state finals might include Ravida from Baldwin though.
132: Okura (KLN) over Gonzales (ROOS). Okura majored Zheng last time they wrestled. I think Gonzales beats Zheng in the semis.
138: I think Higa gets it done, but over Stovall (MCK) instead. Stovall was smoking Ferreira (MOAN) in the semis and then just got caught.
152: No disagreement, but I completely agree that I think Taam got a lot of criticism last year and wants to go after Pagurayan this year.
160: McCreadie (KAS) over Gooman (CAM) instead. McCreadie looks good.
220: Lloyd (KIM) over Hanohano (KPO) instead.
Team: Moanalua, Kapolei, Waianae, Kalani, Campbell...in that order
The crazy part about 152 is that Pagurayan Teched McCreadie when they wrestled last. . . It would be so easy to just move up yet he has decided to at 152.

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

Girls: Teams - Moanalua(6 finalists, 3 champs), Campbell(5 finalists, 0 champs), Miliani(4 finalists, 2 champs)
97- Hikiji(MIL) over Enriquez(CAM)
102- Funakoshi(AIE) over Javier(MIL)
107- Correal(AIE) over Villapondo(CAM)
112- Mangrobang(LEI) over Terukina(CAM)
117- Lee(MIL) over Terukina(CAM)
122- Paulino(KLN) over Cooper(PC)
127- Oshita(MOA) over Ibarra(KPO)
132- Perez(MOA) over ???
138- Titcomb(MOA) over Grilho(RAD)
145- Carlson(WAN) over Wright(CAM)
155- Antoque(CAS) over Jhun(MOA)
168- Antolin(CAS) over Mahoe(NAN)