How Accurate Are The Measureables of UH's Football Players?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

How Accurate Are The Measureables of UH's Football Players?

Post by sarvicdar »

I say that if a players listed height and weight on UH's roster is disingenuous and fudged then it opens the door as to why there is deceit.

I say that if a player (in collaboration with the coaching staff) is trying to sell himself as bigger than what he truely is to the opposition and public (esp. bettors) then to me that's misrepresentation and false advertising.

Rolo speaks of having good values and integrity then it should start with the listed heights and weights of his players. All the players.

On a past Call the Coach Show Rolo stated that SC Bradshaw does the weekly measureables. My question would be is Bradshaw dipping into the chocolate, and looking the other way on some players
measureables. There are three players I saw at fall camp practice that definately looked smaller than their listed heights and weights-Cole standing next to Cord (listed at 6'1") at least a six inch difference; Froot ( listed at 250) standing next to Padello and Hekoiti. He looked compareable to Padello (at 225) and definately lighter than Hekoiti's 240. The biggest discrepancy imo was seeing Vaipulu standing next to the rest of the offensive lineman. His listed height and weight on UH's roster of 6'2" 310, has to be typo. He looks substantially smaller than the rest of the linemen imo.

I know there will be readers that will be offended.

But I would be in favor of a team physician certifying the players heights and weights (all the teams) so that it keeps it real and honest. When I see something that is purposely deceitful, like a player adding inches and weight, to me that's a scam and a insult to the game.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: How Accurate Are The Measureables of UH's Football Players?

Post by cabanalane »

Not just UH, but across all sports, IMO more in basketball where guys are not as tall as they claim. It's all in the branding and marketing. Just tell me what you are "listed at" not what you really are. If you are less than 6'8" in print, no one will give you a look at the SF position. Guys that are caught in the middle often have a harder time. Ever inch counts.

Same with QBs. No one wants a less than 6 feet QB. We can point to Doug Flute, but that's the exception. Someone gave him to chance, and miracle happened. Football goes both way too, chubby guys are often listed lighter than they seem.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Don't really care.
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Every player/school embellish their measurables to a degree.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

There is always the 2 inch rule, sometimes 3 inches. Only at the NFL level are the measurables accurate. This has been the case everywhere for as long as I can remember, not just at UH.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

You're saying that because the UH media guide uses stated measurables (like every other sports team in the nation), this shows that UH players and coaches are purposefully deceitful, lack integrity/good values, and that the trainer could be doing so for possibly his own personal gain? LOL

I am "offended".. at how bad a premise this is.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

The stated measurables that the media guide is receiving is coming from who/whom?

And my premise is off because eventhough the SC and Rolo are privy to this information

it looks like it is being condone. And I dont agree that all the schools are fudging their players

heights and weights. There are schools that are good sports. When I watch the opponents
players and match heights and weights from the roster this past season nothing raised my suspicion
more as the aforementioned UH players.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Making a mountain out of a mole hill. Who cares?

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

don't care. At the end of the day they can play or they can't.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

BTW, I'm not "offended".

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I think that it would be more intimidating to understate a player's height and weight so that when their opponent sees them in-person the player looks way bigger than he is supposedly listed at. List Vaipulu at 5'-6", 180 pounds and the other guys will be bowled over when he hits them.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:28 am I think that it would be more intimidating to understate a player's height and weight so that when their opponent sees them in-person the player looks way bigger than he is supposedly listed at. List Vaipulu at 5'-6", 180 pounds and the other guys will be bowled over when he hits them.
I think D linemen have a different mentality. They don't care who it is they are going up against. I don't think the size of a lineman matters. They earned a starting job because they are scrappers. It doesn't matter if the guy across the line is 6'' or 6'7.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Irse wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:58 am Don't really care.
Same here I just look at who wins the battle in the trenches. I’ll take a receiver like Ursua any time. You can have tall receivers who play small and catch the ball with their bodies or small receivers like Jojo who will track and go up and catch the ball with their hands. I just want playmakers.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I did the same for my driver's license in High School, adding 2 inches and 10 lbs.

Now days I report 10 lbs less :lol:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Last two times I renewed my drivers license I asked the clerk to please make me look younger and skinnier in the photo. They must hear stuff like that every time because they don't even flinch.