star advertiser photographer claims assault by rolo during san diego state game

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: star advertiser photographer claims assault by rolo during san diego state game

Post by EITSwarrior »

sarvicdar wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:12 pm To islandman, I see that the posters at WSN are ganging up on you and are suppressing your opinion. I say, and wager any amount of money that if this incident goes to a case study with the NCAA, their review of the incident would say that Rolo's (and assistant's) actions are a 100% wrong ( and are not condone). If it went to civil court-this is an open and shut case for the photographer, easily. Forget all that talk that the photographer is trespassing (that's ridiculous), when the playing field is a common area after the game, and the photographer can clearly see Hawaii's players running onto the field (those players thinking the game is over, too). What is bothersome is how respondents to this incident are selling their souls, distinguishing from right from wrong, in favor of Rolo's crying actions. I say it's shamefull, in view of Rolo's actions, for respondents to be calling out the photographer and SA with inflammatory statements, when they are
doing their jobs and following the law. For Rolo also to be accused of verbal assault, using profanity towards the photographer, will add to the photographer's case. UH's statement, "we regret the actions of the photographer" hints on the side of being accusatory,
that I can see the photographer's law team ( if it comes to being taken to court) ripping that statement too. He'll subpoena all the players that ran onto the field thinking the game was over, too.
LOL I don’t see this getting anywhere near a courtroom. Shame on Aquino and SA for getting it to this point.

wilderstreet
High-quality H20 provider

Re: star advertiser photographer claims assault by rolo during san diego state game

Post by wilderstreet »

sarvicdar wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:10 pm To islandman, I see that the posters at WSN are ganging up on you and are suppressing your opinion. I say, and wager any amount of money that if this incident goes to a case study with the NCAA, their review of the incident would say that Rolo's (and assistant's) actions are a 100% wrong ( and are not condone). If it went to civil court-this is an open and shut case for the photographer, easily. Forget all that talk that the photographer is trespassing (that's ridiculous), when the playing field is a common area after the game, and the photographer can clearly see Hawaii's players running onto the field (those players thinking the game is over, too). What is bothersome is how respondents to this incident are selling their souls, distinguishing from right from wrong, in favor of Rolo's crying actions. I say it's shamefull, in view of Rolo's actions, for respondents to be calling out the photographer and SA with inflammatory statements, when they are
doing their jobs and following the law. For Rolo also to be accused of verbal assault, using profanity towards the photographer, will add to the photographer's case. UH's statement, "we regret the actions of the photographer" hints on the side of being accusatory,
that I can see the photographer's law team ( if it comes to being taken to court) ripping that statement too. He'll subpoena all the players that ran onto the field thinking the game was over, too.
This is sportshawaii.com. This post belongs on WSN.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

wilderstreet wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:05 pm
sarvicdar wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:10 pm To islandman, I see that the posters at WSN are ganging up on you and are suppressing your opinion. I say, and wager any amount of money that if this incident goes to a case study with the NCAA, their review of the incident would say that Rolo's (and assistant's) actions are a 100% wrong ( and are not condone). If it went to civil court-this is an open and shut case for the photographer, easily. Forget all that talk that the photographer is trespassing (that's ridiculous), when the playing field is a common area after the game, and the photographer can clearly see Hawaii's players running onto the field (those players thinking the game is over, too). What is bothersome is how respondents to this incident are selling their souls, distinguishing from right from wrong, in favor of Rolo's crying actions. I say it's shamefull, in view of Rolo's actions, for respondents to be calling out the photographer and SA with inflammatory statements, when they are
This is sportshawaii.com. This post belongs on WSN.
I am pretty sure Aloha Stadium has some type of warning that states that being on the field during play is trespassing. All stadiums do. It's to protect themselves from any lawsuits from any type of physical injury. I am also pretty sure that the press has to waive any physical liability claims like falling down or being run into by a player. There is no question that he violated his agreement with the stadium authority. He wasn't being picked on. Everyone was being rushed off the field.

As Judge Judy would say "show me the medical report"? What does it say? What is the date?

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:21 pm
sarvicdar wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:12 pm To islandman, I see that the posters at.. --snip--
Are you addressing another user in another Sports forum? Thank you for sharing.
wilderstreet wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:05 pm This is sportshawaii.com. This post belongs on WSN.
100% agree. If you or someone has issues with forum members at WSN, SA, or any other site.. seriously, go post about it there. Posting it here, in a tangentially related post is just an off-topic post.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Go gettum uber!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 am Go gettum uber!
I gotta say your comments are insightful.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:15 am
My3Cats wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 am Go gettum uber!
Let others be insightful. I tend to go with facetious. :D

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 am
This is getting philosophical and OT but I thought the user brought up something from another post either to try to emphasize their point or to try to get other people over to WSN. Maybe it was facetious but it was right on after a somewhat straight forward response from the moderator. Humor sometimes makes a point better than a common sense response.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:23 am
My3Cats wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 am
This is getting philosophical and OT but I thought the user brought up something from another post either to try to emphasize their point or to try to get other people over to WSN. Maybe it was facetious but it was right on after a somewhat straight forward response from the moderator. Humor sometimes makes a point better than a common sense response.
One of my three cats was just on my desk in front of my computer, looking into my cup of coffee while I was reading this post and boy, it almost went go whooshing over my head!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Milk this for all you can HSA. Keep HSA photographers off the field!
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/12/ ... af4e1ca1d0
Apparently they put the incriminating photos in their paper to sell paper but they did not post the video which was posted in this forum which shows people needing to get off the field. Dan Meisenzahl is a weak sister as far as a UH spokesperson is concerned. He just opened up UH for a law suit. I don't look at pay as a reason to live Hawaii but quality of life and if we don't have quality of life for Rolovich then he can easily find a place where there is less of this game playing off the field.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 am Milk this for all you can HSA. Keep HSA photographers off the field!
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/12/ ... af4e1ca1d0
Apparently they put the incriminating photos in their paper to sell paper but they did not post the video which was posted in this forum which shows people needing to get off the field. Dan Meisenzahl is a weak sister as far as a UH spokesperson is concerned. He just opened up UH for a law suit. I don't look at pay as a reason to live Hawaii but quality of life and if we don't have quality of life for Rolovich then he can easily find a place where there is less of this game playing off the field.
Agreed that was a weak stand by UH officials for not standing up for Rolo and his staff.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

People like Jamm Aquino and the AP photographer is what caused the death of the world icon Princess Di. Reminds of these news reporters that can film someone dying during a natural disaster but wont do anything to prevent them from dying. HSA should subcontract Nakoa to take pictures for the Advertiser. As far as I'm concerned, I could do without the photographs of the after game since there is so much video to view. I like the fact that HSA quotes that Jamm Aquino is a nice guy but so was Charlie Manson and Ted Bundy.

Markazulu

Post by Markazulu »

A non story becomes a story because a man cant take responsibility for his actions. Rolo according to the star advertiser issued an apology and also wanted to do one face to face. Star advertiser wants to play victim and take no responsibility in this situation. Seriously if the photographer keeps his butt on the sideline then this would have been a non issue but he wants to go onto the field.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Markazulu wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am A non story becomes a story because a man cant take responsibility for his actions. Rolo according to the star advertiser issued an apology and also wanted to do one face to face. Star advertiser wants to play victim and take no responsibility in this situation. Seriously if the photographer keeps his butt on the sideline then this would have been a non issue but he wants to go onto the field.
Right!!! Rolo personally called/texted Aquino to apologize and to meetup. But either Aquino or Star Advertiser or both reject the meetup. Then Star Advertiser takes the story public. And proceed to play the victim. What the hell?

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

SA gonna find a new reason every week to put this headline up and write a story about this.