brawl after nevada/unlv game

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

brawl after nevada/unlv game

Post by st808 »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/massive- ... da-rivalry

glad hawaii got out of both away games with nevada and unlv without getting involved in this distraction.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: brawl after nevada/unlv game

Post by wyokie »

st808 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 am https://www.foxnews.com/sports/massive- ... da-rivalry

glad hawaii got out of both away games with nevada and unlv without getting involved in this distraction.
Same for Wyoming and we beat both of them.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Nevada basketball had a big brawl in their basketball game against Utah State this year. Both teams are starting to get a reputation. Should have sent our seasoned veteran photographer, Jamm Aquino to cover the after game festivities.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 am Should have sent our seasoned veteran photographer, Jamm Aquino to cover the after game festivities.
LOL! He would have had 10 concussions, died at least once, and then posted a pic of it. SA would have something interesting to write about again.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Here's better pictures of the brawl. Looks like the coaches, staff and security did very little to try to curtail the violence in the stands and on the field.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q-gWm1Kvzk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgY3XhSWbR4

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I believe that Frank Bridgewater is working on a story to tie this to the fact that Rolo was the OC at Nevada and is somehow responsible. :lol:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Maybe having a brawl after every other game at No-Aloha would pique the interest of the fans who normally stay away but who flock to MMA fights and the attendance average would go up?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

You know what bothers me is that there is no security in the stands trying to do any crowd control. They are tossing all kinds of crap at the players and media. The Reno crowd could rival the old Fresno crowds. The last Reno game I went to was in 2007 and the crowd was really tame.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

The guy who blindsided the QB should be banned from ever playing football, college or pro

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:25 am The guy who blindsided the QB should be banned from ever playing football, college or pro
From the Pittsburgh @ Cleveland game three weeks ago? Yeah, I agree.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

wyokie wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:03 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:25 am The guy who blindsided the QB should be banned from ever playing football, college or pro
No the fight started when the Nevada DB punched the Helmet less UNLV QB in the back of the head. One video showed it from the angle of the endzone. Another video showed the UNLV QB lying on the ground then all hell broke loose

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:43 pm
wyokie wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:03 am
No the fight started when the Nevada DB punched the Helmet less UNLV QB in the back of the head. One video showed it from the angle of the endzone. Another video showed the UNLV QB lying on the ground then all hell broke loose
Oh, O.K. In my defense, the way you worded it, BigWave, I honestly though you meant the big brawl on National T.V. between the Brownies and Steelers.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Here's a clear shot of Kenyon Obland getting hit in the back of the head by Austin Arnold on a cheap shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnJtngT-EZA
BTW, big difference from Myles Garrett and Mason Rudolph because Myles Garrett maybe had a late hit but Mason Rudolph was trying to pull off Garrett's helmet, then Rudolph went after Garrett when two offensive linemen were restraining him. Understand that Garrett got suspended indefinitely but Rudolph should have been suspended as well but he was replaced in the game following because he wasn't producing. Rudolph is getting paid, Garrett is not.

So far, no news about Austin Arnold being suspended. Will find out when I go up to Reno next whether people in the crowd got arrested.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 pm Here's a clear shot of Kenyon Obland getting hit in the back of the head by Austin Arnold on a cheap shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnJtngT-EZA
BTW, big difference from Myles Garrett and Mason Rudolph because Myles Garrett maybe had a late hit but Mason Rudolph was trying to pull off Garrett's helmet, then Rudolph went after Garrett when two offensive linemen were restraining him. Understand that Garrett got suspended indefinitely but Rudolph should have been suspended as well but he was replaced in the game following because he wasn't producing. Rudolph is getting paid, Garrett is not.

So far, no news about Austin Arnold being suspended. Will find out when I go up to Reno next whether people in the crowd got arrested.
Thanks for finding a better video of how things started. All the videos I saw were from the other side of the end zone.

BTW about that fight between Randolph and Garrett, both idiots needed to be banned from the NFL for at least a year.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Four Nevada players suspended for UNLV-Nevada postgame fight
By Staff | Posted: Tue 2:29 PM, Dec 10, 2019 | Updated: Tue 7:29 PM, Dec 10, 2019

RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - Four Nevada football players have been suspended following the fight after the UNLV-Nevada football game on November 30, 2019.

After an investigation into the incident, the Mountain West Conference issued suspensions for Austin Arnold, Daniel Brown, Hausia Sekona and Gabriel Sewell, citing violations of Mountain West Rule 4 – Sportsmanship.
https://www.kolotv.com/content/news/Fou ... 46211.html