star advertiser photographer claims assault by rolo during san diego state game

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: star advertiser photographer claims assault by rolo during san diego state game

Post by shrek2 »

What is this small town newspaper trying to do? Geez this photographer would be stomped in the NFL. He would be killed in the SEC. Only in Hawaii. Hopefully the editor is water under the bridge for HSA and we can see better news. No media personnel on the field as they are a liability and that is the RULE! Somebody can trip over their freaking equipment.

oldnite
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: star advertiser photographer claims assault by rolo during san diego state game

Post by oldnite »

Not only was he on the field, he's right in Rolo's face and continued to film shoot until he's pushed away. Then the second guy also remains until Rolo gave him some choice words and a push. The complainer gets up and shuffles off. Doesn't look like he's in a daze with a concussion. Doesn't look like he got his bell rung.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

This whole thing is way overblown. From the actual on-field incident to everyone's "outraged" reactions. Who cares? There's plenty things they report in the news that gets ignored. All this should too.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Neighbor wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:34 pm This whole thing is way overblown. From the actual on-field incident to everyone's "outraged" reactions. Who cares? There's plenty things they report in the news that gets ignored. All this should too.
The problem is that it's a one horse town and when HSA writes an article that's one sided to their point of view it deserves some critique since it doesn't present the information as USA Today does. It only talks about what Jamm Aquino and Frank Bridgewater said. Now after viewing the video submitted by shoichikun808, you can see what really happened. Also, it not only does it distract from this week's game with Army and the season but puts a damper on the fan's view of this week's game when facts are not reported accurately. Timing sucks big time.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Paper publisher.
Wee wee wee all the way home.
His man gets conked out.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:36 pm Pretty soon they're going to have security just like they have high profile coaches like Nick Saban at the end of the game protecting him from the Aholeholes minus one hole.
I can still see it in my mind. Riley Wallace went off on the officials. Then UH had to assign someone to check the HC. During Tomey and Wagner era, when their headsets were still wired, the guy (or girl) that holds and roll up the wires was also the person the keep the HC in check. They can't run off and get themselves in trouble. Today's wireless technology does not put coaches on a leash.

Maybe it's time to assign someone to watch the HC.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:37 pm
shrek2 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:36 pm Pretty soon they're going to have security just like they have high profile coaches like Nick Saban at the end of the game protecting him from the Aholeholes minus one hole.
I can still see it in my mind. Riley Wallace went off on the officials. Then UH had to assign someone to check the HC. During Tomey and Wagner era, when their headsets were still wired, the guy (or girl) that holds and roll up the wires was also the person the keep the HC in check. They can't run off and get themselves in trouble. Today's wireless technology does not put coaches on a leash.

Maybe it's time to assign someone to watch the HC.
Some schools have a designated “get back” guy. They’re mostly grad assistants or position coaches. I think Rolovich has that guy on staff, but I don’t know. I never really paid attention to that stuff since it was never really a problem.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Neighbor wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:34 pm This whole thing is way overblown. From the actual on-field incident to everyone's "outraged" reactions. Who cares? There's plenty things they report in the news that gets ignored. All this should too.
Bro, it got picked up by the Associated Press. Now the out of context story going national

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:39 am Jamm Aquino is no better than a paparazzi that is still trying to learn the game of football. Let 'em play and get outta the way.
He should be banned...since it could have cost UH the game. What a bonehead. He deserved more of a pummeling IMO.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:42 am
shrek2 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:39 am Jamm Aquino is no better than a paparazzi that is still trying to learn the game of football. Let 'em play and get outta the way.
He should be banned...since it could have cost UH the game. What a bonehead. He deserved more of a pummeling IMO.
You gotta wonder how is it affecting Rolo's distraction from winning games as well as the rest of the team that obviously read the newspaper. It's all bush league journalism.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

aquino might not be taking photos for a while, at least hawaii football. noticed in this morning's paper, cindy russell was credited for the photos of the football game.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

st808 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 pm aquino might not be taking photos for a while, at least hawaii football. noticed in this morning's paper, cindy russell was credited for the photos of the football game.
Now, all we gotta get rid of is Frank Bridgewater for making a statement before reviewing the facts and just trying to make news to sell paper.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

st808 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 pm aquino might not be taking photos for a while, at least hawaii football. noticed in this morning's paper, cindy russell was credited for the photos of the football game.
Aquino took pictures from the hs champ game. The SA uses multiple photographers each game.
ImageImage

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

To islandman, I see that the posters at WSN are ganging up on you and are suppressing your opinion. I say, and wager any amount of money that if this incident goes to a case study with the NCAA, their review of the incident would say that Rolo's (and assistant's) actions are a 100% wrong ( and are not condone). If it went to civil court-this is an open and shut case for the photographer, easily. Forget all that talk that the photographer is trespassing (that's ridiculous), when the playing field is a common area after the game, and the photographer can clearly see Hawaii's players running onto the field (those players thinking the game is over, too). What is bothersome is how respondents to this incident are selling their souls, distinguishing from right from wrong, in favor of Rolo's crying actions. I say it's shamefull, in view of Rolo's actions, for respondents to be calling out the photographer and SA with inflammatory statements, when they are
doing their jobs and following the law. For Rolo also to be accused of verbal assault, using profanity towards the photographer, will add to the photographer's case. UH's statement, "we regret the actions of the photographer" hints on the side of being accusatory,
that I can see the photographer's law team ( if it comes to being taken to court) ripping that statement too. He'll subpoena all the players that ran onto the field thinking the game was over, too.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

sarvicdar wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:12 pm To islandman, I see that the posters at WSN are ganging up on you and are suppressing your opinion. I say, and wager any amount of money that if this incident goes to a case study with the NCAA, their review of the incident would say that Rolo's (and assistant's) actions are a 100% wrong ( and are not condone). If it went to civil court-this is an open and shut case for the photographer, easily. Forget all that talk that the photographer is trespassing (that's ridiculous), when the playing field is a common area after the game, and the photographer can clearly see Hawaii's players running onto the field (those players thinking the game is over, too). What is bothersome is how respondents to this incident are selling their souls, distinguishing from right from wrong, in favor of Rolo's crying actions. I say it's shamefull, in view of Rolo's actions, for respondents to be calling out the photographer and SA with inflammatory statements, when they are
doing their jobs and following the law. For Rolo also to be accused of verbal assault, using profanity towards the photographer, will add to the photographer's case. UH's statement, "we regret the actions of the photographer" hints on the side of being accusatory,
that I can see the photographer's law team ( if it comes to being taken to court) ripping that statement too. He'll subpoena all the players that ran onto the field thinking the game was over, too.
Are you addressing another user in another Sports forum? Thank you for sharing.
Are you addressing another user in another Sports forum? Thank you for sharing.