Re: Post game thoughts vs Fresno state!

Post by BigWave96744 »

We are no where near phase 2

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

So much to say but at this point in the season no use in saying it. I just have to hope that they find a way to get it done. I will still watch the games but that is about it. It will be hard tho because the games have been ugly.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Hawai’i’s D is the biggest let down this year, year 2 of Batoon reign as DC and with a lot of returning starters and players with game experience, I expected to see an improved D this year but nope they are even worse then last years D, still can’t tackle, don’t know how to breakdown and keep the runner in front of them, and no one sticks to their assignments thus creating large running room or big separation between receivers and DB’s/LB’s. Then there’s the O who has not improved from last year their progress is stagnant.

As for last night, In the second half we needed to continue to run the ball as it was our success, but rolo went away from it, Cole has been inaccurate this entire season but last night he was bad, but WR’s didn’t help also with the dropped passes.

We should have also brought Chev in earlier, I’m not saying this cause he is a local boy, to me it’s just obvious he brings another dimension to the game and he sparks the team, he uses his legs better then Cole as well.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

ulua wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:42 am Hawai’i’s D is the biggest let down this year, year 2 of Batoon reign as DC and with a lot of returning starters and players with game experience, I expected to see an improved D this year but nope they are even worse then last years D, still can’t tackle, don’t know how to breakdown and keep the runner in front of them, and no one sticks to their assignments thus creating large running room or big separation between receivers and DB’s/LB’s. Then there’s the O who has not improved from last year their progress is stagnant.

As for last night, In the second half we needed to continue to run the ball as it was our success, but rolo went away from it, Cole has been inaccurate this entire season but last night he was bad, but WR’s didn’t help also with the dropped passes.

We should have also brought Chev in earlier, I’m not saying this cause he is a local boy, to me it’s just obvious he brings another dimension to the game and he sparks the team, he uses his legs better then Cole as well.
I agree about the D
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Hate to bag on our players, but they sure do look really slow on defense.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I actually though it was a good game. Ups and downs. And UH just lost.

The only think I have to say is I'm getting tired of Rich Miano over pronouncing Polynesian names.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

We cannot let this loss sink our season.

Unfortunately, this is the second time Fresno has beaten us at the last second that I can remember. They beat us at the buzzer in basketball in 2000.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Outside of Kids4Marcus, the game could have been played at Roosevelt's football field. Then it would be packed house. Save money, and short bus ride.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

The head scratcher for me is why Hawaii always has a hard time against tight ends. Tight ends historically seem to be the Achilles heel for Hawaii RnS teams. The D-line has been getting spanked this season against running teams, another historical Achilles heel for RnS teams.

Some scheme and roster adjustments need to be made and recruiting players that can boost Hawaii to overcome those RnS Achilles heels.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Would like to see:
- Chevan Cordeiro, Lincoln Victor, James Phillips getting more PT
- Give Michael Washington some game time and still redshirt him
- Utilizing Nick Mardner more when in the red zone

From game 1 to game 9, this team hasn't gotten better in terms of:
- RB not able to secure the ball
- WR (all starting 4) having key drop passes
- Starting QB able to drive the ball up the field but not get into the endzone. Also not hitting open receivers.
- Undisciplined in racking up tons of penalties
- Bad play calling on 4th downs
- Bad tackling
- Let down in the 3rd Qtr

If this continues we could go 0-4 the rest of the way. This is why many fans are choosing other options on Saturday night instead if coming to Halawa.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:24 pm
- Utilizing Nick Mardner more when in the red zone

Ok, there was Ursua, but Unga made Drew Brown look good just by being 6'5".