*****Official Hawaii vs. Boise Game Thread*****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *****Official Hawaii vs. Boise Pre-Game Thread*****

Post by Grinch »

In my opinion, if we finally beat Boise there ... it’ll be because the Warrior’s mental toughness.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Courtesy of Smurf Turf Videos.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

We will need to run better. Watching a Boise game earlier I think one of the announcers said that they either had the best dbs or corners in the conference. Can’t remember which. Any way I guess we will see.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

RedZone wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 am We will need to run better. Watching a Boise game earlier I think one of the announcers said that they either had the best dbs or corners in the conference. Can’t remember which. Any way I guess we will see.
Their secondary isn't any good. The concern is potentially their DL.

Hawaii's opponents ranked in Team Sacks so far this season:

Arizona - 126th
Oregon State - Tied 56th
@Washington - Tied 56th
Central Arkansas - 112th (112th in the FCS that is, so not good)
@Nevada - Tied 97th
@Boise State... Tied for 9th (9th despite having a bye already)

OL plays well, UH has a great chance for a special weekend. Don't play well, that's potentially a problem.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Yeah their D-end is supposed ta be all everything. Rolo and Smith get um
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

If Hawaii needs some emotion to help them with their efforts this week, they can know that they will be playing the state of Idaho who is the #1 in hate groups per capita. So its the Hawaii diversity team against the Idaho cultural intolerant team.
https://247wallst.com/special-report/20 ... -groups/3/
Also a State that has Dawn Wells ("Ginger" in "Gilligan's Island") as spokesperson for Idaho Potato farmers that can't support her in her hour of need but can pay coach Bryan Harsin $1.35M guaranteed. Way to go, I-da-ho.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Wells
"For several years, Wells operated a business, Wishing Wells Collections, making clothing for people with limited mobility.[11] She is the founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute, a not-for-profit (501c3) educational organization with "a vision of education, technical training and economic development in Southeastern Idaho."[12] She organized SpudFest, a regional annual family movie festival,[12] and has been a spokeswoman for Idaho Potatoes.[13]"
Then in her hour of need.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/g ... -struggles
Way to go, I-da-ho.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm Dawn Wells ("Ginger" in "Gilligan's Island")
dawn wells played mary ann, tina louise played ginger. they are the last survivors of the three hours tour. never understood the mary ann or ginger thing. only understood mary ann and ginger.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

st808 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:03 pm
shrek2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm Dawn Wells ("Ginger" in "Gilligan's Island")
dawn wells played mary ann, tina louise played ginger. they are the last survivors of the three hours tour. never understood the mary ann or ginger thing. only understood mary ann and ginger.
Thanks, that's what I meant. Ginger was the glamorous actress and Mary Ann was girl next door. I just couldn't fathom that Idaho businesses can't contribute to her well being after she did all this humanitarian work for them. They rather pay their coach $1.35M/yr than help out on a $200K bill for someone who helped them at one time. Hawaii wins regardless of the score.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

The line has changed from 13 to between 12 and 12 1/2.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

uhwarriors wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:27 pm The line has changed from 13 to between 12 and 12 1/2.
looks like lots of somebodies picking hawaii. money line is +350 for hawaii. glad there is no legalized gambling in hawaii and i am not in vegas this week.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

The point spread is a good indicator of what the nation thinks about UH football versus Boise State football. When the point spread goes down, its because these Boise State mining company employees who were pulling $10M per 8 hour shift out of northern Nevada for gold are betting their big bucks on BSU. Gimme craps cause I know how to win. Never want to jinx UH football with a bet. Just win baby win. Play tough, win or lose and its a win.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I think it is going to down to the basics... play clean game, smart football that its going to be won in the trenches. If Hawaii O-line and D-line falters this is going to be a blow out loss at Boise. If Hawaii plays like they did at Washington Huskies (not exactly a clean game) its going to be embarrassing National TV whooping... just like the McMackin Era national TV embarrassing blowout losses. This means Hawaii will have to play near perfect football to keep the game close and let Boise beat themselves, then Hawaii might have a chance for a upset win.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:36 pm
RedZone wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 am We will need to run better. Watching a Boise game earlier I think one of the announcers said that they either had the best dbs or corners in the conference. Can’t remember which. Any way I guess we will see.
Their secondary isn't any good. The concern is potentially their DL.

Hawaii's opponents ranked in Team Sacks so far this season:

Arizona - 126th
Oregon State - Tied 56th
@Washington - Tied 56th
Central Arkansas - 112th (112th in the FCS that is, so not good)
@Nevada - Tied 97th
@Boise State... Tied for 9th (9th despite having a bye already)

OL plays well, UH has a great chance for a special weekend. Don't play well, that's potentially a problem.
If their dline is that good they won’t hesitate to drop more defenders into pass coverage. Cole still throws into small windows. It is the underneath coverages that I am worried about. That is the one that gives us the most problems. Force that throw and we will see ints. Being able to run will create more holes.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

line is back to -13, -13.5 for boise state. there must be action on boise state's side. books looking to entice hawaii money have increased the line back to +13, +13.5 for hawaii. money line is wide for hawaii between +340 and +400.

warriors needs defensive scores, turnovers and ints to win this game. hope to see more than one this game.