2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by gopunahou »

The only thing that helps Kamehameha against Campbell is the fact that the game is happening on the KSK campus. But Campbell is coming off of a bye.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:10 pm The only thing that helps Kamehameha against Campbell is the fact that the game is happening on the KSK campus. But Campbell is coming off of a bye.
@gopunahou: I really don't put much stock in "home-field advantage." A football team wants to win a game, and it will (should?) not allow where the game is played, to get inside their heads. Same rules, no matter which field hosts. The only thing that helps Kamehameha is their D. The O just isn't good enough, and their FG unit sucks. If Kamehameha is to pull the upset, it will because of their D.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Well, homefield advantage didn’t help us score any points in the first 3 quarters when we played KSK. But don’t expect the mistakes we made to occur when we face them again. One thing KSK’s got to worry about is the fact that JK’s got a better connection with his WRs than he did in the middle of August. Kamehameha gets a bye before they play us, but so do we.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm Well, homefield advantage didn’t help us score any points in the first 3 quarters when we played KSK. But don’t expect the mistakes we made to occur when we face them again. One thing KSK’s got to worry about is the fact that JK’s got a better connection with his WRs than he did in the middle of August. Kamehameha gets a bye before they play us, but so do we.
@gopunahou:
Kamehameha uses two QBs: Keone and Yuen. Both have improved since the Punahou game. Unfortunately, Punahou QB Sagapolutele has also improved, and is better than Keone and Yuen. Kamehameha use two RBs: Clemente and Moku; both are fast. Punahou RB Terrell is almost as fast, but is a little bigger, and harder to bring down. I just don't see Kamehameha beating Punahou.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Keone has improved? He’s got 11 ints and just 1 td pass. Those numbers are staggering and don’t inspire confidence.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:07 pm Keone has improved? He’s got 11 ints and just 1 td pass. Those numbers are staggering and don’t inspire confidence.
@gopunahou: Well, he's improved in that he's gotten more yardage in subsequent games. But, with all those INTs, that's probably why Kamehameha went with Yuen, against Waianae. I don't know if it's because of Yuen, but they won. I mean, when it comes to QBs, Kamehameha can't stay with Punahou, and especially St Louis. For one thing, Kamehameha has been a run-oriented school for 40 years. I guess a good pass-game is rarely in that school's DNA. It is what it is. The irony is that they have good receivers more often than not, but without a QB who's good at throwing the ball, well...

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I remember during the early years of the Blane Gaison era, KSK ran the run-and-shoot.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

gopunahou wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:54 pm Markeke, if I were MD and wanted Hawaii QBs, I’d go after any of the St. Louis backups. Doubt it’d hurt them as much as the loss of JK would hurt us.
Freshman, game time experience, weekly progress, very teachable,hard tape I'd say he has much more then StL. back ups. SolJay, Kobe, Taulia after Tua, many programs looking West. Remember when Samoans were only considered for linemen?

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Punahou vs.Mililani.
So far Kale Ane has been pitching close to perfect. Again I say Mililani's secondary is a weak link. York would love to avenge his lost from last year. I say Punahou wins 24-14. I believe these end of season BIG games actually toughens up Punahou. So if Punahou finishes with 1 lost, they have a chance to win ILH in ILH tourney?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Markeke wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:06 am
gopunahou wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:54 pm Markeke, if I were MD and wanted Hawaii QBs, I’d go after any of the St. Louis backups. Doubt it’d hurt them as much as the loss of JK would hurt us.
Freshman, game time experience, weekly progress, very teachable,hard tape I'd say he has much more then StL. back ups. SolJay, Kobe, Taulia after Tua, many programs looking West. Remember when Samoans were only considered for linemen?
There was a great Samoan QB for Colorado in the late 80s named Saul Aunese. Played HS ball in CA. Unfortunately, cancer ended his career and life.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:22 am I remember during the early years of the Blane Gaison era, KSK ran the run-and-shoot.
@gopunahou: No, I don't think Kamehameha was running the run-and-shoot. If I'm not mistaken, the run-and-shoot was still under development at Kaiser, where Ron Lee was coaching. (Not sure if he was HC; he might have been as AC.) Of course, Lee didn't invent the run-and-shoot; I think he picked it up from a mainland college team. But, he was installing it at Kaiser. Gaison was Kamehameha QB in '74 and '75. Chai was HC, and I think he was running the I-formation.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:06 am
@Markeke: Well, they had some great RBs, too. Mosi Tatupu played for Punahou in '72 and '73; Joe Onosai played for Pac-Five in the early- or mid-'80s. Going even further back, there was Onosai Tanuvasa, who played for Farrington in '69 and '70. I think all three were all-stars. (Tanuvasa might have played QB; I'm not sure. That was too far back for me to remember exactly.)

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:01 am Punahou vs.Mililani.
So far Kale Ane has been pitching close to perfect. Again I say Mililani's secondary is a weak link. York would love to avenge his lost from last year. I say Punahou wins 24-14. I believe these end of season BIG games actually toughens up Punahou. So if Punahou finishes with 1 lost, they have a chance to win ILH in ILH tourney?
@Markeke: They have a chance to win, but I'd like to think St Louis will slam the door on them. Something tells me St Louis didn't appreciate the close call they had against Punahou the last time. I think St Louis' pride was hurt during the first half of that game, and when they get Punahou again, I suspect they'll want to kick their butts and make them pay. I think they'll want to make a statement.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:29 pm
gopunahou wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:22 am I remember during the early years of the Blane Gaison era, KSK ran the run-and-shoot.
@gopunahou: No, I don't think Kamehameha was running the run-and-shoot. If I'm not mistaken, the run-and-shoot was still under development at Kaiser, where Ron Lee was coaching. (Not sure if he was HC; he might have been as AC.) Of course, Lee didn't invent the run-and-shoot; I think he picked it up from a mainland college team. But, he was installing it at Kaiser. Gaison was Kamehameha QB in '74 and '75. Chai was HC, and I think he was running the I-formation.
When Blane Gaison was COACH. He coached them between 1989 and 1995.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:57 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:29 pm
When Blane Gaison was COACH. He coached them between 1989 and 1995.
@gopunahou: Oh, that's right, I forgot; he WAS coach. At my age, I think of him as playing for them. I was in high school about when he was playing. But even as a coach, did he run the run-and-shoot? Hard to imagine, when he had those big O-lines and good RBs.