shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

*****OFFICIAL Hawaii vs Washington Game Thread*****

Post by shrek2 »

Big questions for the game is will the offensive line be able to give time for Cole to make some throws against the tough UW defensive front? Will Ahmed run over the UH defense? I'm excited about this game because I never expected UH to be 2-0 at this point in the season. Unbelievable start! Are they really 21.5 points better than UH?
Last edited by shrek2 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *****OFFICIAL Hawaii vs Washington Pre-Game Thread*****

Post by shrek2 »

Pregame interviews.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNT975s ... e=youtu.be
Washington's last game against Cal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQnRO7iJUmc
Stovall can help a lot, not just on the field but pre-game preparations.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

If UW defense can get to Cole with only 3-4 rushing, it’ll be a long night. I think our oline will be ok ... but our RBs need to help out blocking or catching the ball.

UW oline is massive. I hope our dline can use leverage and quicks. And, I hope we put some pressure and hits on the QB.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Wonder if they will use Hekili Keliiliki to replace Fruit like they did in San Diego last year.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo2JQ6Lnm7I

u.h. 2011 vs colorado. coaches on hawaii's sidelines: mack, tomey and rolo. outstanding beatdown of a pac12 team.

is there a three in a row for the warriors tomorrow? will hawaii beat more pac12 teams this year than arizona or oregon state?
Last edited by st808 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

-Cole has to hit those short quick throws. Dink and dunk. Ball control and keep the Washington O off the field, Cole has to be patient
- shovel pass will work on Washington, need to have screens, draws, and quick hitters in playbook for this game
-Meskell gotta get his rhythm back
- D gotta stop the run, forget it if they can't

Big game, good luck to our boys!
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Petersen knows about R&S and has played defense against us before.

He will play man press on our receivers. Tough to dink short passes when it's man press. He will try to bump/keep them out of their routes. A LB will spy the RB. LBs will drop back in zone and try to take the passing lanes away. He will force our QB to throw into tight windows and wait for a mistake. Petersen will give us the short stuff and take away the deep ball. Inside the redzone Petersen believes that with his speed and 8 men back it will be hard for us to find the space to score a TD. He will have his best CB on Jo Jo. DEs will also attack but attack under control and also try to take away passing lanes. You may see blocked passes. Petersen knows he is physically bigger and faster. His O will take what he can get. If he can play power football he will. If he has the speed to beat us on the edge he will. If his speed at receiver can beat us he will throw. He believes whoever makes the most mistakes will lose. He is banking that sooner or later we will press and make a mistake. Wheather it's MacDonald or Cordeiro having to force a throw because of tight coverage, a turnover by a player doing too much with extra effort or Rolo gambling on 4th down he believes we will blink first and make a mistake. He will be patient.

First we need to take care of the ball. Next we need to be patient. Yes, take what they give us. Next slow the rush down. It would be nice to run the ball effectively. I don't think screen will work. Tough to run screens if DBs are playing man press. We need to have a lot of motion to force the D to show what they are doing. Motion also helps the receivers to get some space to beat the press. We need rub routes without drawing a penalty. If Jo Jo can stretch the field vertically that will help open some windows for mid tier crossing routes. We need some swing or wheel routes and a shovel on occasion to RBs to slow down the pass rush and DEs.

The team that takes care of the ball, plays hard all four quarters, is patient, executes and makes the least number of mistakes will win this game.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

stranger808 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 pm -Cole has to hit those short quick throws. Dink and dunk. Ball control and keep the Washington O off the field, Cole has to be patient
Agree. It seems like Cole's throws are like 12 yards, 15 yards, 8 yards, then 30 yards for TD. (Or interception).

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

UH football is riding a wave of optimism right now. The stink of the 2012-2015 era is gone. That said, Arizona and Oregon State are no world beaters. Likely to finish in the Pac-12 cellar.

Hawaii has established that it is a good team. Seattle will show whether they're just good...or great.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Patience, execution, minimizing mistakes, play smart, trust their coaching and training. I hope that the Warriors compete.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Great comments. I’d add - I hope we can force some turnovers - fumbles/interceptions.
And, get to the QB ... even if not a sack, put some hard (legal) hits on um!
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Ahmed's going to be tough to stop as he is able to cut back away from his blockers into the open field. Our defense has to stay home.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

This could be a close game that the Warriors can pull off in end or, Washington buries UH.

What I don’t see happening is UH burying the Huskies.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Any idea how to watch the game if no mo Pac-12 Network? Besides flying to Seatle. lol
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:20 pm Any idea how to watch the game if no mo Pac-12 Network? Besides flying to Seatle. lol
Try getting a free trial with a live stream like Fubo-TV and/or Hulu, and broadcast it to your tv via your laptop or cell phone to your tv. Oh, yeah, you gotta get a chromecast device which costs $35 and hook it up to the back of your tv on the hdmi connection.