2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....Pau! WIN OVER BYU in HI BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....Pau! WIN OVER BYU in HI BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by chawan_cut »

wyokie kept bugging me. i know i'm late. sorry. here's this year's one to nitpick over...

for you new guys, i update this weekly after our games to keep track of all our opponents games before and after us to see how they do throughout the year.

super cool admin dudes, can you sticky this up top?
Mahalo! Go Warriors! Go Bows!!!

here's 2018's schedule
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50275
Last edited by chawan_cut on Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: 2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....week 0

Post by wyokie »

You have two mega goofs this year....

First and foremost....Air Force hosts WYOMING on November 30. You don't have that one listed. Shame on you.

Secondly, you don't have any of Central Arkansas' Southland Conference games listed with a * next to the name AND you have the season finale between Oregon State and Central Arkansas listed BUT UCA plays host to Incarnate Word (based outta San Antonio for those wondering). You got Oregon State's schedule correct though.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

wyokie wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:50 am You have two mega goofs this year....

First and foremost....Air Force hosts WYOMING on November 30. You don't have that one listed. Shame on you.

Secondly, you don't have any of Central Arkansas' Southland Conference games listed with a * next to the name AND you have the season finale between Oregon State and Central Arkansas listed BUT UCA plays host to Incarnate Word (based outta San Antonio for those wondering). You got Oregon State's schedule correct though.
eh, only one person here cares.... haha.
nah, i'll fix it after Hawaii's game score update this Sunday.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

chawan_cut wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 pm eh, only one person here cares.... haha.
I care, only after scores come out tho haha. everyone at 0-0 is no fun for 99% of people, with wyokie being in that rare 1%

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

ubercow wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:46 pm
chawan_cut wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 pm eh, only one person here cares.... haha.
I care, only after scores come out tho haha. everyone at 0-0 is no fun for 99% of people, with wyokie being in that rare 1%
I would really care if Wyoming would go 14-0 and beat the utter crap outta everyone like we did in 1988 but alas...…. :roll:

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....week 0 WIN vs Zona!!!!

Post by chawan_cut »

ok, updated and fixed for wyokie....
holy cow what a game. we made it waaaay too interesting. 6 turnovers!!!! we got 2 from them, one that crucial pick at the goal line.
hopefully Cole will choose a polar and the good side that threw the 4 nice TDs and not the 4 int one.
week 1 bye to watch and scout everyone else and work on ball security for game 2 in 2 weeks vs the beavers!!!!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:33 pm ok, updated and fixed for wyokie....
It's still messed up!!!!!

AFA plays Wyoming at the Academy near Colorado Springs November 30!!!!!! :evil:

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

wyokie wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:12 am

i wouldn't do that on purpose now would i....

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:37 pm
wyokie wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:12 am

i wouldn't do that on purpose now would i....
BULL DIDLY!!!! I coulda said something more R-rated but this is a family message board. [-X

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....week 1 Bye week

Post by chawan_cut »

first off congrats to wyokie on your guys historic win vs Missouri! those were some crazy unbalanced stats but you guys won the turnover battle!
Arizona also had a bye and they have neighboring Northern Arizona this week.
Oregon St loses at home to the visiting Oklahoma St cowboys. They do put up points so hopefully our D holds strong this week again.
UW won handily vs visiting Eastern Washington. They got Cal this week.
Central Arkansas beat Div-1 (FBS) Western Kentucky at their house. Can't take them lightly.
Nevada takes down BIG-10 Purdue. They head to Oregon this week who is steamed from losing to Auburn this week.
Boise pulls off the upset at Tallahassee as Florida St has a horrible offensive performance in the 2nd half. They get Marshall this week.
Air Force beats up on Colgate. They got a bye this week.
New Mexico takes down Sam Houston. Hope Coach Davie is doing better after his medical incident.
Fresno loses to USC and gets Minnesota this week.
San Jose st. doubles up on Northern Colorado. They get the Golden Hurricane of Tulsa this week.
UNLV wipes out Southern Utah. They got Arkansas state.
San Diego St puts up a whopping 6 points but shuts out Weber St. They go to UCLA this week
Army beats Rice, but goes to the Big House this week for Michigan.

C'mon fans, show up this week at the Aloha Stadium. The players deserve it. See you there!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....week 1 Bye week

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:05 am first off congrats to wyokie on your guys historic win vs Missouri! those were some crazy unbalanced stats but you guys won the turnover battle!
Mahalo, bro!!!! The turnovers saved our butts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And got Bohl an extra $100,000 :D :hello1: He's worth it BTW.

Next up: at Texas State. Hope we don't have a letdown.

Also, glad you FINALLY added the WYOMING @ Air Force game. :roll:

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....week 2. Beavers go Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by chawan_cut »

Woo hoo!!! Defense came up big in the 2nd half! Shutting out the PAC-12 Beavers!
After a shaky start, Cole settled down and with Byrd off a little, found our other speedy receiver in Jo Jo Ward all night, whose turn it was for 4 TDs.... had a rough tine with the kicking but I'm sure our punter throws a better pass than theirs, and their lack of discipline with those OSU players throwing punches..
We also cut down our turnovers to 2, which could've been costly. I'm glad I only heard that oh so menacing Turnover Chainsaw twice Sat night.

here's how everyone else did. Arizona beat up on little state brother Northern Arizona as a warm up to Texas Tech this week
OSU should have no problem with Cal Poly this week.
C. Ark survives against Austin Peay. they got Abieline Christian this week with Us aftward
Nevada comes back to reality hard getting the Duck beat out of them 77-6
Boise holds off Marshall in a low scoring game. They got Portland state thisweek
Air Force and New Mexico have byes but Have to go to Colorado (who just upset Nebraska) and Notre Dame.
Fresno loses to another Big 5 foe this time Minnesota but have a bye this week to figure things out
San Jose loses to hurricane chasers Tulsa and also has a bye this week
UNLV loses to Arkansas State. ( this that a Div 1A school??)
Poor Army, missing a game winning fg. Michigan shouldn't have won.
I guess congrats to wyokie's team who beat Texas State (are they even div-1??

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: 2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....week 2. Beavers go Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ubercow »

too bad for army, they should have won that one. go bowz!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....week 3, loss at UW

Post by chawan_cut »

Darn. Thought it would be closer than it was. Sorry for such a late update. Traveled to WA to support the team. Friends that were UW fans weren't sure what to expect either. I guess Cal has a really good D. UW was too fast, we were too mistake prone, too many ints again. but our guys fought and scored 3 in the 2nd half. 2 on runs.
can't take UCA lightly tho as they are coming in 3-0. they like to pass it around too, so this could be a high scoring one.
- Arizona gets a winning percentage by beating Texas Tech on espn. they have a bye this week before getting struggling ucla.
- Oregon St also gets into the win column by beating up on the div-1aa Cal Poly mustangs. they get a bye before Stanford in 2 weeks
- UW gets BYU this week at Provo. BYU is the hot favorite as they just got another OT win against USC.
- Nevada beats Weber St at home. put up a ton of yards but only got 1 td to go with the 4 fgs. they go to UTEP this week.
- Boise easily defeated Portland St but get also hot Air Force who upset in state rival Colorado this past week.
- New Mexico goes to Notre Dame and gets walloped but their HC Davie is still out. Hope he's recovering well. they might not need him this week when they play in state rival NMSU who is really struggling.
- Fresno had a bye but should have no problem with the Hornets of Sac State
- San Jose also had a bye but they go to SEC territory to make some money at Arkansas
- UNLV had a rough going at NW and has a bye this week to recover
- SDSU beats up on aforementioned NMSU and has a big game against MWC foe Utah St this week who had a bye.
- And Army got a good win vs UT SA. they play Morgan St this week (who??)

homecoming week! can't take them lightly. but we have to take care of ourselves first. no more costly INTs! that was 21 points last week! see you there!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 UH Opponent's Schedules....week 4 Homecoming win vs C. Arkansas

Post by chawan_cut »

yay! a homecoming win! offense looked good in the first half but struggled in the 2nd. too many turnovers still. this time on ST! and our D came up big. First with that INT for a TD and then to hold down that high passing offense.
we have a tough road trip to Reno this week against Nevada, who has a decent year except against angry Oregon. They beat up former WAC foe UTEP

- Arizona had a bye this weekend but now get surprising UCLA who had a ridiculous barn burner at WAZZU, scoring 50 points in the last quarter and half to come back from 30 something down to beat the cougars
- Oregon St also had a bye but get struggling Stanford in an important league game.
- UW blasted BYU in Provo but get USC, who to their surprise with a new QB, beat Utah in the Colliseum this past week.
- UCA has a bye this week to recover from their long trip here
- Boise figured out the triple option and has a bye this week before UNLV next week
- Air Force gets San Jose this week who is on an all time high who went TO Arkansas and upset the SEC Razorbacks. probably their program's biggest win ever. Congrats. Lets see if they keep it going
- New Mexico wins their in-state rivalry against the Aggies. They should be fine with going to Liberty this week
- Fresno gets on the win column by beating 1-AA Sac State. They get the NMSU Aggies this week in lovely Las Cruces
- UNLV had a bye also but go to even lovelier Laramie to face a surprising 3-1 Cowboys who can't figure out their offense
- SDSU gets their first loss against visiting Utah St. They have a bye this week
- Army gets an easy win vs 1-AA(??) Morgan St. They also have a bye this week.

This week is a true test to see how we stack up against our league. Go Bows! Go Warriors!!