2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by teamhawaii »

What makes this Mililani vs. Kahuku game close is exactly that. Mililani QB play. If they had Gabriel or a polish QB...I'm pretty sure Mililani would beat Kahuku by 2-3 TD but I don't trust Agbayani. He didn't look too good vs. Campbell Defense and Kahuku Defense is a lot better than them.

St. Louis has 3 LEGIT QB starters in their program behind Delaura in Conner Apo (Jr.), AJ Bianco (Soph.) & JV starter Kekahi Graham (Fresh.)

If any 1 of those three transferred to Mililani, no doubt that they'll be the starter and propel Mililani to 2nd best team in the state behind St. Louis. Behind St. Louis, as of late, Mililani looks like best offense to churn out Hawaii QB's with Milton & Gabriel becoming good QB's

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:45 pm No.

I think Mililani has a ground game equal to and maybe better than Kahuku this year. What makes this game close ,to me is that Mililani is breaking in a new starter at QB this year,and Kahuku is also putting a new starter at QB. Morikawa,Milton,and Gabriel had way better pass stats than Kahuku's QB'S did in the same years leading up to this year. Mililani has hadYork as HC for a decade,and how many HC's has Kahuku had in the last decade? Mililani has more continuity at the top and I think Coach York gets his QB up in the air game before Coach Carvalho gets his QB up in the air game. As for the defenses, Kahuku and Mililani are both better on defense than they are on offense.
@unpaid: Sam was a godsend for HC York. It's as if Sam arrived gift-wrapped at Mililani High's doorstep. He was just what the doctor ordered. Agbayani is trying to grow into the QB position, but Sam provides instant run-game. Of course, Mililani had to have the O-line to block for him, and they did have it. So many different components were necessary, and they all kind of came together at the right time. Frankly, though, unless the HC is also the QB coach, I'm not sure how much of a factor continuity is. I mean, if you've got a good QB coach, and he's allowed to do his job, I'm not sure how much it matters who the HC is.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:37 pm What makes this Mililani vs. Kahuku game close is exactly that. Mililani QB play. If they had Gabriel or a polish QB...I'm pretty sure Mililani would beat Kahuku by 2-3 TD but I don't trust Agbayani. He didn't look too good vs. Campbell Defense and Kahuku Defense is a lot better than them.

St. Louis has 3 LEGIT QB starters in their program behind Delaura in Conner Apo (Jr.), AJ Bianco (Soph.) & JV starter Kekahi Graham (Fresh.)

If any 1 of those three transferred to Mililani, no doubt that they'll be the starter and propel Mililani to 2nd best team in the state behind St. Louis. Behind St. Louis, as of late, Mililani looks like best offense to churn out Hawaii QB's with Milton & Gabriel becoming good QB's
Don't forget about McKinney and Morikawa right before them. Mililani is the QB factory of the OIA.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:37 pm What makes this Mililani vs. Kahuku game close is exactly that. Mililani QB play. If they had Gabriel or a polish QB...I'm pretty sure Mililani would beat Kahuku by 2-3 TD but I don't trust Agbayani. He didn't look too good vs. Campbell Defense and Kahuku Defense is a lot better than them.

@teamhawaii: Wouldn't it be something if Apo, Bianco, or Graham transferred to Mililani. Would they have to sit-out the year? Looks like the only missing piece for Mililani is at the QB position. Give them a good QB, and they'd rock and roll. They already have a good run game and a good D.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

bandits1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Don't forget about McKinney and Morikawa right before them. Mililani is the QB factory of the OIA.
@bandits1: Yeah, but they need a good QB now. They're up against Kahuku next.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Kinda wish those SLS QBs would transfer to Mater Dei, LOL. There is only ONE SCHOOL I’d HATE for them to go. I think HS Football Fanatic knows the name of that school.

As for churning out QBs, Leilehua is right behind Mililani in the OIA. Bryant Moniz, Andrew Manley, and Kenan Sadanaga come to mind.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Kahuku will be a good test. Defense, I know they can get to the qb. As for Sam , they will slow him but can he carry for 42? Kahuku is punishing. With JL Lavea back the front d is solid. See that Zion Ah You had middle lb action too. Lokana Enos and Ace Kaufusi and Mana Fonoimoana at lb. Elijah Latu back up. One big surprise is Tomasi Pasi. He was.a receiver in Az. Playing a little safety. Natural speedy reciever. Sure later Adolpho will hook up. Coach Torres back. Watch a few TE action when Mill stuffs the box.

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

bandits1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:05 pm

I forgot about those ballers. They were good too!

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:08 pm

@teamhawaii: Wouldn't it be something if Apo, Bianco, or Graham transferred to Mililani. Would they have to sit-out the year? Looks like the only missing piece for Mililani is at the QB position. Give them a good QB, and they'd rock and roll. They already have a good run game and a good D.
I’m surprised that none of them made the move. I know they were talks about Kobe Muasau but he transferred to Washington.

I think AJ Bianco has the upper hand in terms of St. Louis starting QB next year. His size is ideal and has a strong arm. Conner Apo would probably be the odd man out. Kekahi Graham has been hyped since Under The Radar made a feature about him which was in the 6th grade. He’ll be the next in line after AJ Bianco.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:46 pm I’m surprised that none of them made the move. I know they were talks about Kobe Muasau but he transferred to Washington.

I think AJ Bianco has the upper hand in terms of St. Louis starting QB next year. His size is ideal and has a strong arm. Conner Apo would probably be the odd man out. Kekahi Graham has been hyped since Under The Radar made a feature about him which was in the 6th grade. He’ll be the next in line after AJ Bianco.
I wonder if JK is the reason Kobe transferred.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Unpaid, regarding your question of why ILH games happen @ the stadium—I found an article (http://archives.starbulletin.com/2001/06/24/sports/). Former ILH headman Clay Benham says that games in the ILH games in the ‘60s would draw 20,000-25,000. Of course, this was when Farrington, Kaimuki, Roosevelt, Kalani, and McKinley were part of the ILH.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:02 pm Kinda wish those SLS QBs would transfer to Mater Dei, LOL. There is only ONE SCHOOL I’d HATE for them to go. I think HS Football Fanatic knows the name of that school.

As for churning out QBs, Leilehua is right behind Mililani in the OIA. Bryant Moniz, Andrew Manley, and Kenan Sadanaga come to mind.
@gopunahou:
OK; I'm going to take a fat guess: Iolani. Am I correct? Actually, my first thought was St Louis, because that's Punahou's biggest rival in football, and it's football season right now. (Iolani isn't in the same division, too.) But then I realized that Iolani has been Punahou's most bitter rival in general, for at least 40 years. Also, I know you follow basketball and baseball, and Iolani is Punahou's strongest rival in those sports, too.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:20 pm
gopunahou wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:02 pm Kinda wish those SLS QBs would transfer to Mater Dei, LOL. There is only ONE SCHOOL I’d HATE for them to go. I think HS Football Fanatic knows the name of that school.

@gopunahou:
OK; I'm going to take a fat guess: Iolani. Am I correct? Actually, my first thought was St Louis, because that's Punahou's biggest rival in football, and it's football season right now. (Iolani isn't in the same division, too.) But then I realized that Iolani has been Punahou's most bitter rival in general, for at least 40 years. Also, I know you follow basketball and baseball, and Iolani is Punahou's strongest rival in those sports, too.
You guessed correct.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Finally game night tomorrow!!! Can’t wait! I know my boys can’t wait to get out there and play. Last year Kapolei made the game tough. They have some great athletes, and that very very athletic receiver, forget his name but he’s a playmaker. I’m looking for a serious pass rush. I’m looking at a line that I’m sure is eager to prove that they can get after the qb without Gino and Tui. Expect greatness as usual from Jordan and Nick. I’d like to see at least 1 defensive TD. They had one in most games last year. Always respect, never fear, let’s goooooooo!!!!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 pm Finally game night tomorrow!!! Can’t wait! I know my boys can’t wait to get out there and play. Last year Kapolei made the game tough. They have some great athletes, and that very very athletic receiver, forget his name but he’s a playmaker. I’m looking for a serious pass rush. I’m looking at a line that I’m sure is eager to prove that they can get after the qb without Gino and Tui. Expect greatness as usual from Jordan and Nick. I’d like to see at least 1 defensive TD. They had one in most games last year. Always respect, never fear, let’s goooooooo!!!!
@genks: Well, Kapolei barely got past Waianae this past weekend, and Waianae wasn't even ranked.