pay rolo

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kalua pig
Starter
Starter

pay rolo

Post by kalua pig »

we need to pay rolo more dollars.lost too many good coaches because we pay peanuts.it's 2019.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Re: pay rolo

Post by kalua pig »

if oregon state offers rolo $900,000 a year,he would be on the first southwest flight outta here.

Whateva
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Whateva »

If McDonald's offered me $30 an hour I would go

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

rolo has a lot of mouths to feed.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

If the team has a great season this year, then yes it is time to pay him significantly more. Let's see two good seasons in a row and hopefully a better season, attendance-wise before breaking the bank. 2017 was not a good season at all.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

poidog wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:36 pm If the team has a great season this year, then yes it is time to pay him significantly more. Let's see two good seasons in a row and hopefully a better season, attendance-wise before breaking the bank. 2017 was not a good season at all.
good point.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

poidog wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:36 pm If the team has a great season this year, then yes it is time to pay him significantly more. Let's see two good seasons in a row and hopefully a better season, attendance-wise before breaking the bank. 2017 was not a good season at all.
Yeah, Vegas o/u for wins is set at 5.5 for this season. Don't count those chickens just yet. Haven't had back-to-back bowl seasons since 2006-2007.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Nick Rolovich makes $600k a year. He has a losing record at Hawaii. He's listed at 39 on the Coaches Hot Seat Ranking. Sure, most of the coaches above him on the hot seat make more money...but isn't that what the hot seat is all about? While I like most of the decisions he's made at Hawaii, I gotta say he's still climbing the head coach's learning curve. Skip Holz at La Tech is making $800k and whooped us at our home this past bowl game. Skip Holz is listed at 93 on the Coaches Hot Seat Ranking. Skip Holz has a winning record.

Have patience. Let the magic work.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 am http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Nick Rolovich makes $600k a year. He has a losing record at Hawaii. He's listed at 39 on the Coaches Hot Seat Ranking. Sure, most of the coaches above him on the hot seat make more money...but isn't that what the hot seat is all about? While I like most of the decisions he's made at Hawaii, I gotta say he's still climbing the head coach's learning curve. Skip Holz at La Tech is making $800k and whooped us at our home this past bowl game. Skip Holz is listed at 93 on the Coaches Hot Seat Ranking. Skip Holz has a winning record.

agree.i just remember people grumbling about mcmackin being payed too much and we ended up with a $500,000 norm chow.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

kalua pig wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:54 pm
SundayJam wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 am http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

agree.i just remember people grumbling about mcmackin being payed too much and we ended up with a $500,000 norm chow.
McMackin had a winning record and had the wherewithal to place a hall of fame calibre defensive coordinator and our current head coach in the top coaching positions on the team.

I am not hating on Rolovich at all. In my greatest dream, McMackin retires and Rolovich and Aranda take over instead of Chow. Meh...instead we're stuck with this ambiguous legacy. Change is happening and it looks good to me. I hope Rolovich continues to evolve.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:53 pm
kalua pig wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:54 pm

McMackin had a winning record and had the wherewithal to place a hall of fame calibre defensive coordinator and our current head coach in the top coaching positions on the team.

I am not hating on Rolovich at all. In my greatest dream, McMackin retires and Rolovich and Aranda take over instead of Chow. Meh...instead we're stuck with this ambiguous legacy. Change is happening and it looks good to me. I hope Rolovich continues to evolve.
+1

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Chow needs time to bring in his guys! We just gotta work harder! Good times...

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I agree with many of you that Rolo has not "proven" himself yet. Being "better than Chow" is does not mean much. Hawaii loves Rolo, and I believe Rolo loves Hawaii. He never wanted to leave Hawaii after the Mac era. He did interview with Chow, and Chow said NO.

I believe Hawaii is in Rolo's DNA. It's not always about the money. I do believe he wants to make Hawaii great, with the love for Hawaii and love for football. No one has a "better" job than him. Get paid for doing something you love. It's still a game at the end of the day. As long as the fans don't call for his head, he is fine. Yes, living in Hawaii is expensive. But Rolo is far from starving, and need the money to feed h is kids.

On the flip side, I don't think UH can afford anyone expensive. State got other financial issues, and non-financial issues too. Did they increase the GE Tax (yet) to pay for the rail? New stadium? Pressure to have less tourist? Less development? I don't mean to lean on the political side, but there is no money for a football coach. Football is not "important" in the bigger picture of Hawaii.

Without Rolo, I think the UH Football program will be worst.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

the fabric of hawaii is the big buzz word now.hawaii football is a part of that.lets pay the coaches a little better.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Whateva wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:09 am If McDonald's offered me $30 an hour I would go
Speaking of McDonald's, if Cole McDonald have that same explosive start, like last year, before getting hurt, and UH putting up mean numbers, and win, I can see someone send Rolo a recruiting package with high dollars.

We expect McDonald to be a stud this year. Like Chow, these are now Rolo's guys.

So I suppose this fear is valid (of loosing Rolo)