is it too early to ask: will hawaii bowl again in 2019?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: is it too early to ask: will hawaii bowl again in 2019?

Post by J-Rod »

7-6 San Diego State was the only team with a winning record that Hawaii beat in 2018.

Dream big, but definitely do so while being guarded. I don't think this is a 9+ win type program just yet. Talent is not there, especially on defense. Team should improve, but again...so does the schedule. 6-8 win territory is the hot zone for this team betting wise IMO.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am 9 or 10 wins? Be prepared to be fully disappointed.
I've been "disappointed" pretty much for the last 10 years. And I'll start the season that way.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:00 am
My3Cats wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am 9 or 10 wins? Be prepared to be fully disappointed.
I've been "disappointed" pretty much for the last 10 years. And I'll start the season that way.
With such high expectations come crashing lows.

I'm happy if they beat the teams that they are "supposed" to beat, pull off one or two upsets, not get crushed by anyone, and finish with a respectable record. Rolo is still building for the future, and depth is still a concern, before those high expectations can be realized. UH, UH community and the general community have not been completely behind this program in years, if at all.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Recall when the Chaminade Silverswords beat Virginia Cavalier, #1 in the Nation. And they had a guy that was 7'4" name Ralph Sampson. There is only one way to play basketball, so can, get chance.

You guys are right, I'm just wishing and it's ok if I fall hard (back down to reality).

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

FWIW: most preseason magazines have UH going 7-6 or so.

Common takeaways: schedule is one of the conference's toughest. Continuity on the coaching staff is a huge plus. Progress (or lack thereof) on defense will define season.