this years team 18

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: this years team 18

Post by shrek2 »

Hawaii's offense is easy to figure out. Raimo down low, Purchase and Stansberry for the three. They need to be more complete basketball players, offense, defense, inside and outside. That's why I like Avea. Third leading rebounder but a non-starter. You would think it would be Raimo, Purchase and Carper in rebounds. But it was Buggs (8), Purchase (7), Avea (4). Buggs and Purchase had over 30 minutes, Avea had 18 minutes. Avea also had 2 for 5 shooting.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

hawai'i 61
gaucho 79

16-19 (7-5).gauchos own us.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:17 am Hawaii's offense is easy to figure out. Raimo down low, Purchase and Stansberry for the three. They need to be more complete basketball players, offense, defense, inside and outside. That's why I like Avea. Third leading rebounder but a non-starter. You would think it would be Raimo, Purchase and Carper in rebounds. But it was Buggs (8), Purchase (7), Avea (4). Buggs and Purchase had over 30 minutes, Avea had 18 minutes. Avea also had 2 for 5 shooting.
every time carper came in,they tried to feed him.very predictable.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

kalua pig wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:50 pm
shrek2 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:17 am Hawaii's offense is easy to figure out. Raimo down low, Purchase and Stansberry for the three. They need to be more complete basketball players, offense, defense, inside and outside. That's why I like Avea. Third leading rebounder but a non-starter. You would think it would be Raimo, Purchase and Carper in rebounds. But it was Buggs (8), Purchase (7), Avea (4). Buggs and Purchase had over 30 minutes, Avea had 18 minutes. Avea also had 2 for 5 shooting.
The live streaming is pretty bad even when I get it to the tv. And, when they have limited camera angles, its hard to see individuals. But, I think that Carper needs to continue to move around not just stay in one place expecting to get the ball in one spot. When he stays still, its easy for the other team to double team. I don't see either Purchase, Raimo or any of the big men scrambling for the offensive rebound. Only the guards and Avea are scrambling for the offensive rebound. Against Cal Poly, UH took some bad threes. Maybe it was the loss of Drew Buggs driving in to free up the 3 point line or his leadership in leading the break.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:15 am
kalua pig wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:50 pm
The live streaming is pretty bad even when I get it to the tv. And, when they have limited camera angles, its hard to see individuals. But, I think that Carper needs to continue to move around not just stay in one place expecting to get the ball in one spot. When he stays still, its easy for the other team to double team. I don't see either Purchase, Raimo or any of the big men scrambling for the offensive rebound. Only the guards and Avea are scrambling for the offensive rebound. Against Cal Poly, UH took some bad threes. Maybe it was the loss of Drew Buggs driving in to free up the 3 point line or his leadership in leading the break.
you are on point cuz.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Congrats to Purchase, Drammeh and Stepteau for sticking with the program and keeping Hawaii competitive. Geez, Brocke only 5'9 and starting point guard? Way to go guys.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:24 am Congrats to Purchase, Drammeh and Stepteau for sticking with the program and keeping Hawaii competitive. Geez, Brocke only 5'9 and starting point guard? Way to go guys.
:thumbup:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

hawai'i 80

cal poly 88

16-11 (7-6).buggs' injury should keep him out of the northridge game.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Three games all at the same time, UH men's basketball, UH wahine, and UH vs Oregon baseball. When did life get so complicated since all you had to do was leave the gun, take the cannoli.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

northridge 84
hawai'i 73

losing bad on senior night.this game hurt.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Big come from way behind win at UC Davis!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

UH looked really bad in the first half taking bad shots. Glad they were subbing Carper for Raimo. Missed the comeback cause the Wahine were more competitive in their game. Then the comeback of the night goes to the Bows baseball with a three run rally in the 8th to beat Oregon 7-6. Local boy, Calicdan from Division 2 Kam on the Big Island gets the winning hit.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

there was a lid on the basket in the first half.the team seems to be out of it's funk.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

hawai'i 76
davis 69

17-12 (8-7).final regular season game at fullerton tonight.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

hawai'i 71
fullerton 59

18-12 (9-7).long beach first round big west tournament.