this years team 18

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Re: this years team 18

Post by kalua pig »

gauchos 75
hawai'i 54

13-8 (4-3).at long beach.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

hawai'i 77
long beach 70

14-7 (5-3).this was a must win game.at irvine on saturday.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I haven't seen CSUF but Hawaii is either third or fourth in the Big West. The good thing is Drew Buggs and Samuta Avea are sophomores and Raimo has another year. The three bigs are freshmen so they have the height. I give a lot of credit to Stepteau who came in as a walkon coming out of Texas and became a starter for a D1 team. They probably need two Jr. Transfers who can play penetrating guard and forward. High school talent is going to be hard to find since kids want to go to a winning program.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:54 pm I haven't seen CSUF but Hawaii is either third or fourth in the Big West. The good thing is Drew Buggs and Samuta Avea are sophomores and Raimo has another year. The three bigs are freshmen so they have the height. I give a lot of credit to Stepteau who came in as a walkon coming out of Texas and became a starter for a D1 team. They probably need two Jr. Transfers who can play penetrating guard and forward. High school talent is going to be hard to find since kids want to go to a winning program.
this years team is young.we need to start improving now.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

hawai'i 56
irvine 67
14-9 (5-4).cal poly tonight at home.huthifah abdeljawad is the only hawai'i player not to score this season.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I don't know why there is so much focus on Purchase breaking the team record in threes. It has nothing to do with the game or winning. Even in the post game interview the question comes up about Purchase breaking the record with two teammates. Sports media, please try to focus what the players in the interview did to win the game rather than on Purchase's threes. It can be talked about with Jack after the game. Look at rebounding, making or missing the layups, physicality of the game, assists. This is what wins the game along and the records are secondary.
Last edited by shrek2 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

There was extra elbows and pushing and shoving going on under the basket by Cal Poly, looked like dirty play not basketball which eventually got calls in the second half. The rebound by one of their bigs where he swung his elbows should have been called for a technical. The more I watch Drew Buggs, the more I recognize that he wants a team score every time up the court on offense which is why he doesn't take a bad shot. He only took the three when they were on the roll and made it (all muscle memory, no thinking). He's looking for the high percentage shot which is why Avea does the same in not taking a bad three. Good for Sheriff Drammeh for finding Carper early for two early pick and rolls.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

kalua pig wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:40 pm huthifah abdeljawad is the only hawai'i player not to score this season.
What happened to Zoar Nedd? Redshirt?

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

cal poly 54
hawai'i 75

the inside game shows up.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

What a complete game UH played against UCR!!!!! Samuta Avea blocks the 7 footer and takes the ball off the rim and stuffs it back in. He's my hero.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

kalua pig wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:40 pm huthifah abdeljawad is the only hawai'i player not to score this season.
Got his first point last night against UCR. Nailed the first free throw but clanked the second.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:05 pm
What happened to Zoar Nedd? Redshirt?
Don't know but he's still listed on the roster.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Nice complete game by the Rainbow Warriors last night. Great to watch when everything is clicking.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:50 pm
Got his first point last night against UCR. Nailed the first free throw but clanked the second.
you already know cuz.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

riverside 64
hawai'i 87

16-9 (7-4).on the road next to play the gauchos.