Cole or chevan as starter for Hawaii bowl!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football

Starter for next week and Hawaii bowl?

Cole Macdonald because he started the season for us
61%
Chevan cordeiro because he has the hot hand
29%
Jeremy Moussa because he has a better arm
4%
Other UH QB not mentioned.
7%

Total votes: 28

kanakamaoli54
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Cole or chevan as starter for Hawaii bowl!

Post by kanakamaoli54 »

I think rolo should focus and start Codeiro in 2019
move Mcdonald to receiver or wildcat qb

Codeiro knows the offense, grew up doing the R&S let um blossom and ball out.

O-Line needs to strengthen the tackle position especially the right tackle where Joey Nuʻuanu is.
we need stronger, quicker, fundamentally sound tackles.

work on those Screen plays because it was not effective enough. outside receiver screens and those shuffle plays.

R&S is a system and the players need to follow the system to the T.
I think Mcdonald started to make up his own poop and veered away from the system at times.

also, felt like Mcdonald was trowing to the receiver and not to the space.
R&S is thrown to the vacant space. If you believe and follow the R&S system you can never be wrong.

listen to the coaches and follow the system.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

kanakamaoli54 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:08 am felt like Mcdonald was trowing to the receiver and not to the space.
R&S is thrown to the vacant space. If you believe and follow the R&S system you can never be wrong.

listen to the coaches and follow the system.
Good point. As much as I celebrated during the JJ and Mac era, I'm not a fan of R&S because of this.

Georgia (LA Tech) took away that space.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I firmly believe that Cole starts next year and it is his job to lose. Chevan still has some physical maturing and strengthening needed to be a full-time starter. In his limited playing, Chevan has been hit a bunch and needs to learn to slide in the pocket, slide when ending a run and to get down quickly bc this is college and not HS. He's also not built to take a ton of hits.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:04 am I firmly believe that Cole starts next year and it is his job to lose. Chevan still has some physical maturing and strengthening needed to be a full-time starter. In his limited playing, Chevan has been hit a bunch and needs to learn to slide in the pocket, slide when ending a run and to get down quickly bc this is college and not HS. He's also not built to take a ton of hits.
It was also Dru Brown's job that he gave away (by leaving UH.). We now see Moussa left, and toss around the idea that Chevan may go as he may not get the chance to play until his Jr year.

Any chance Cole McDonald could leave?

If I was a team that needed a QB for the next two years, I would try to woo Cole McDonald. He is desirable based on this stats. Give him the sales pitch of better protection, fast receivers, mainland where family can see him play, and outside of MWC, would Cole McDonald leave?

Throw out some odds?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

One thing I don't see from either quarterback is a quick release to either get it out quickly for quick gain or to throw it away before getting hit. When I watch MacKenzie Milton or Nick Mullens (49ers) they are quick with getting the ball out just before getting hit but taking the hit but no sack.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm One thing I don't see from either quarterback is a quick release to either get it out quickly for quick gain or to throw it away before getting hit. When I watch MacKenzie Milton or Nick Mullens (49ers) they are quick with getting the ball out just before getting hit but taking the hit but no sack.
Milton had a better oline. Running game. Better receivers.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: