Which new players would you like to see in the Bowl game?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Which new players would you like to see in the Bowl game?

Post by shrek2 »

It seems obvious at this point that Khoury Bethley was too good of a starting freshman to redshirt his first year. And, of course, a lot of people want to see Chevan Cordeiro play a portion of the Bowl game. Are there other players who you'd like to see in the Bowl game? I would like to see Moussa get some reps as signal caller. Kai Kaneshiro should probably play if he hasn't played his four games. He played a key role against UNLV. I'd like to see
Kamuela Borden, 6'4 DL freshman from Iolani
Justis Tavai, 6'3 DL first year sophomore from Inglewood
Ra Elkington, 6'5 OL RSFr from Kahuku
Ernest Moore, 6'8 OL from CCSF
Jonah Laulu, 6'5 DL freshman from Vegas
Nick Mardner. 6'5 receiver freshman from Canada
...and ideally it would be nice to see Jahlani Tavai play his last game although he's not a newbie.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Which new players would you like to see in the Bowl game?

Post by dakineguy »

Is Justis related to Jahlani? There is also another Choi on the team Is he related to Zeno? I really like watching Miles Reed so hope to see him in some more plays. Yeah I would like to see a lot of players just to see what they can do. Hopefully we will get so far ahead in the game that this can happen? Yeah I would like to have the other QBs get some time in game.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

dakineguy wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:52 am Is Justis related to Jahlani? There is also another Choi on the team Is he related to Zeno? I really like watching Miles Reed so hope to see him in some more plays. Yeah I would like to see a lot of players just to see what they can do. Hopefully we will get so far ahead in the game that this can happen? Yeah I would like to have the other QBs get some time in game.
Yup, Justis is Jahlani's brother. The Chois are also brothers. I would like to see what they have in their big men to find out what recruits make 2019 more promising. Too bad Marcus Armstrong Brown's career is ending as he now seems to be a good possession receiver for UH on third down. Ursua deserves to go if there's an opportunity and hopefully make a lot of money but I'm hoping the ex-Cal recruit will fill the gap.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

IMHO for safety sake and for his future, Jahlani should only be wearing his #31 jersey with no pads or helmet, standing on the sideline and cheering for his Warrior Brothers at the game.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Not a new player, but for goodness sakes, play Genta Ito at least!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:26 pm Not a new player, but for goodness sakes, play Genta Ito at least!
His stats with UH show that he only lined up on one play against SJSU last year but I was pretty sure that he ran with the ball on one or two downs in his career. Either a pass out of the backfield or a straight run.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:14 pm
My3Cats wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:26 pm Not a new player, but for goodness sakes, play Genta Ito at least!
His stats with UH show that he only lined up on one play against SJSU last year but I was pretty sure that he ran with the ball on one or two downs in his career. Either a pass out of the backfield or a straight run.
The one play that he lined up on last year was when our QB took a knee to run out the clock and he was the safety. Other than that he was never in a game, at least at running back. I don't think that he even smelled the field on special teams. All of Japan must be devastated that their native son has not played at all.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:53 am
shrek2 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:14 pm
The one play that he lined up on last year was when our QB took a knee to run out the clock and he was the safety. Other than that he was never in a game, at least at running back. I don't think that he even smelled the field on special teams. All of Japan must be devastated that their native son has not played at all.
Gotta give Genta Ito credit for taking up a sport that is not dominant to his native country and at 5'8 he made a D-1 team. Gives hope to all the undersized players in Hawaii who have the desire but not the physical attributes. Maaki Yamazaki is ss for the UH baseball team and one of the best defensive shortstops that Hawaii has had. Also one of the best hitters for average in baseball and was a walk-on. He's also from Japan and all of Japan can be proud of his performance on the other field.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Stephen Tsai wrote the other day that Genta Ito had been injured since before the season started, and only recently started practicing again. Did not know that. So now, still get chance for Genta to get into a game in his senior year.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Jonah Welch.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

RedZone wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:47 pmJonah Welch.
Welch has played. I think Utah State game. Would like to see him and Ritner again (who also played in the uTah State game). But mostly would like to see Ito.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I think the starters have earned significant playing time during bowl game since they got UH here. If the game is blowout, of course bring in the guys who will be impact guys next year or SRs who haven't play much as a tribute to their dedication.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I am more about winning then about seeing players get playing time. The extra three weeks of practice is where you get to evaluate and see other players. These players have spring, fall and 2019 to show what they can do. The seniors don't. The seniors have sacrificed a lot and I am sure they want to finish their careers as winners.

Winning keeps the momentum into recruiting and 2019. Losing would be a downer going into the off season.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

What better way to launch into next season than with a blowout win that gets everyone who suits up into the game? Rolo better not take the pedal off the metal and Batoon's gang needs to stuff and stop LaTech.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:54 pm What better way to launch into next season than with a blowout win that gets everyone who suits up into the game? Rolo better not take the pedal off the metal and Batoon's gang needs to stuff and stop LaTech.
That would be one of my wishes everything comes together and we have such a great game that everyone gets to play and we finish with momentum and a great vibe going into 2019.