Chevan Cordeiro transfering?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Re: Chevan Cordeiro transfering?

Post by uhwarriors »

ubercow wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:38 am
uhwarriors wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 pm Rotoworld's source was Ian Scheuring's tweet. But tweet is no longer on his Twitter page.
Ian Scheuring's tweet was about Cole not playing against wyoming https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us

if you scroll down the cached thread (while it's still there) someone retweets some handicapper saying "the second stringer just decided to transfer" https://twitter.com/Covers_Vegas/status ... 7653562368

like I said, unverified BS
Looks like gambler's rumors. Anyone who believed it and bet on Wyoming, lost.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:56 am
uhwarriors wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 pm Rotoworld's source was Ian Scheuring's tweet. But tweet is no longer on his Twitter page.
That's kind of why I thought there was some meat on it. He must have got that from somewhere/someone.
Neighbor wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:57 pm I am interested if he was still thinking that. If you look too much into it, Rolo's post-game press conference was a little weird with how much emphasis he put on Chevan committing to us and mentioning him putting pen to paper and wanting to wear a Hawaii jersey.
Going back to the reply about "Rolo's comments" about how this exact situation was what Cordeiro dreamed of when is committed to UH.

What if this was somewhat true? Meaning Cordeiro is not exactly happy that he is not getting the chance. He is suppose to be the golden boy, and from Hawaii, so there's a lot of pressure place on UH and Rolo to start/play him. He does this make a good recruiting pitch if UH said, stay home - and maybe you get to play - or not play. When it should be - stay home and play for UH. Why would top local boys stay and point to Cordeiro? Maybe there are chatters from his friends and family that maybe he should have committed to somewhere else.

Maybe that's why Rolo used the words "Committed" (or commitment) to remind Cordeiro that he made the committment, and need to honor it.

Could McDonald's "injury" be fake? Just to let Cordeiro play? Not fake in that he is 100%. At mid season, everyone is hurt and playing hurt. So it was just a day off for McDonald.
I don't think it's necessarily that he didn't get his chance, but just that he sees that Cole is lighting it up and so he would have to sit two more years before getting some real playing time. Of course that used to be the norm but expectations have changed in today's game. I think Cole's injury was legit cause they said it was an injury, but I do have a source close to the baseball team and sometimes when there's unexpected lineup changes, it's because of a failed drug test. So I think like the other week when Ursua and some other players didn't start the game, it perhaps was cause of that.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Looks like trolls at it again,,,#badtrollnodonut
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Neighbor wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:35 am So I think like the other week when Ursua and some other players didn't start the game, it perhaps was cause of that.
That reminds me. Kind of like Sharsh. He was in the line up the first two games. Then DNP. He got to play because of the above.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

There are times when a thread should die a natural death. Nuff said.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

But wait! Will Oregon State make the call? Do they need another quarterback (or running back or wide receiver or O lineman or D lineman or linebacker or defensive back or kicker or punter or coach)? Hmmm? Poachers of the PAC12.

*****Since it appears the original info which this thread is based on are unsubstantiated rumors, this thread has been locked by moderators*****
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.