Chevan Cordeiro transfering?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Chevan Cordeiro transfering?

Post by cabanalane »

https://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb ... o:cfb:gnav

This link was posted for last week's game on this forum. I don't know if you guys saw it. I don't think we discussed it.

Is this fake news?

"This is big. McDonald has been one of the best quarterbacks in the country in 2018 by the numbers, and while it's come in the run-and-shoot offense, the redshirt sophomore has looked impressive doing it. It's also big news because there are rumors that backup quarterback Chevan Cordeiro has decided to transfer, so he may not be available for the game against the Cowboys. We'll be sure to update you with more information -- and who the heck the starting quarterback is going to be -- as soon as possible."

Short of major injury, turn Pro, and consider Cole McDonald will only get better, will Cordeiro ever get the starting QB job? I'm sure he is not going to wait for his Senior year to become the starting QB.

As much as everyone is for the Team, there is a bit of I, in this. All QB have the stud or alpha mentality. They grew up that way, since put the helmet on. No one wants to be 2nd (back up). They are also thinking about their futures.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Chevan Cordeiro transfering?

Post by poidog »

If cordeiro redshirts this year he would be the favorite to start in his junior year, which is when McDonald will have used up his eligibility

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Will he want to wait that long, especially if it seems like he can run this offense? In Rolo's own words, McDonald is #1. And Cordeiro is #1A. (Not #2).

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

It would be a blow to the team. He should understand that he is one play from being the starter. He should have figured that out already considering McDonald got hurt. The article was written before the game so maybe Cordeiro is more likely to stay. If not, good luck.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I guess for coach, its not something that he should have sleepless nights on. If Chevan goes, he has to go to a winning program with a solid line on offense/defense. There is no guarantee that he would find a program like that and can disappear into obscurity. Right now the offensive line is young and so is most of the defense. After Mariota's rs freshman year, he had thoughts of moving, so did Tagovailoa except he played in the final game. Right now, after one major win under his belt, if I were Cordeiro, I would stay because right now this is a winning program. The offense fits his game.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Chevan Cordeiro has decided to transfer, so he may not be available for the game against the Cowboys.
Why wouldn't he be available? Was he going to quit mid season. He sure wasn't injured. I call bogus, but thanks for posting

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I am interested if he was still thinking that. If you look too much into it, Rolo's post-game press conference was a little weird with how much emphasis he put on Chevan committing to us and mentioning him putting pen to paper and wanting to wear a Hawaii jersey.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

If Chevan wants to go, good luck to him. I wish him the best.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

the tweet came out before the game, and sounds like unverified baloney

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Is it Oregon State again?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Rotoworld's source was Ian Scheuring's tweet. But tweet is no longer on his Twitter page.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

uhwarriors wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 pm Rotoworld's source was Ian Scheuring's tweet. But tweet is no longer on his Twitter page.
That's kind of why I thought there was some meat on it. He must have got that from somewhere/someone.
Neighbor wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:57 pm I am interested if he was still thinking that. If you look too much into it, Rolo's post-game press conference was a little weird with how much emphasis he put on Chevan committing to us and mentioning him putting pen to paper and wanting to wear a Hawaii jersey.
Going back to the reply about "Rolo's comments" about how this exact situation was what Cordeiro dreamed of when is committed to UH.

What if this was somewhat true? Meaning Cordeiro is not exactly happy that he is not getting the chance. He is suppose to be the golden boy, and from Hawaii, so there's a lot of pressure place on UH and Rolo to start/play him. He does this make a good recruiting pitch if UH said, stay home - and maybe you get to play - or not play. When it should be - stay home and play for UH. Why would top local boys stay and point to Cordeiro? Maybe there are chatters from his friends and family that maybe he should have committed to somewhere else.

Maybe that's why Rolo used the words "Committed" (or commitment) to remind Cordeiro that he made the committment, and need to honor it.

Could McDonald's "injury" be fake? Just to let Cordeiro play? Not fake in that he is 100%. At mid season, everyone is hurt and playing hurt. So it was just a day off for McDonald.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 pm Is it Oregon State again?
Right now OSU is a losing program in a losing Power 5 conference that's struggling to get to the four team playoff. If he wanted to play baseball, that's the place to go.

LA808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by LA808 »

In this day and age, kids are looking to play...If Cordeiro did transfer, not saying that he is, IMHO it would be a PR disaster for Rolovich and UH.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

uhwarriors wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 pm Rotoworld's source was Ian Scheuring's tweet. But tweet is no longer on his Twitter page.
Ian Scheuring's tweet was about Cole not playing against wyoming https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us

if you scroll down the cached thread (while it's still there) someone retweets some handicapper saying "the second stringer just decided to transfer" https://twitter.com/Covers_Vegas/status ... 7653562368

like I said, unverified BS