new stadium location

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Re: new stadium location

Post by kalua pig »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:40 am We know about volcanoes, so...
lol.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

If they move it on campus I guarantee they will lose half of those 20,000 fans maybe more. It is too crowded sometimes to go watch volleyball with max of 10,000 fans. Can you imagine the traffic trying to get 30 to 40 thousand fans there? I won't even take the rail to do that. Put it downtown/Manoa and you will add more traffic than what fans will want to deal with. It's already busy. People already complain about having to go Waikiki due to traffic and parking nightmares.

The students take the bus anyways. 10 to 15 mins more to get to West Oahu. Big whooping deal.

West Oahu would be best since there is room for plenty parking. The view would be awesome if they put the stadium hillside of H1 just past Kunia exit. They could make several gates to enter to keep traffic jam down. They could put a long rounding entrance to help keep the flow going. There is so much more they can do if they move it West Oahu and start from scratch. This is a small island and driving an extra 10 to 15 minutes is nothing. It's all freeway or if you prefer you can go the back roads.

A new stadium is a must no matter where they decide to put it. Plus Salty Air better be in the picture when building it. To protect it from the elements. Lots of Sun too. How about an enclosed stadium that can open up with the push of a button. Like a sunroof hahahaha.

There are plans already for them to build housing areas around kunia. Some of it farm land. The state should take advantage and buy the land just before you exit to the new West Side Campus just below the hill. If they don't take that great piece of land for the stadium now there will be houses there for sure. Maybe some businesses too. It might be too late already.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

HawaiianHogster wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:52 pm If they move it on campus I guarantee they will lose half of those 20,000 fans maybe more. It is too crowded sometimes to go watch volleyball with max of 10,000 fans. Can you imagine the traffic trying to get 30 to 40 thousand fans there? I won't even take the rail to do that. Put it downtown/Manoa and you will add more traffic than what fans will want to deal with. It's already busy. People already complain about having to go Waikiki due to traffic and parking nightmares.

The students take the bus anyways. 10 to 15 mins more to get to West Oahu. Big whooping deal.

West Oahu would be best since there is room for plenty parking. The view would be awesome if they put the stadium hillside of H1 just past Kunia exit. They could make several gates to enter to keep traffic jam down. They could put a long rounding entrance to help keep the flow going. There is so much more they can do if they move it West Oahu and start from scratch. This is a small island and driving an extra 10 to 15 minutes is nothing. It's all freeway or if you prefer you can go the back roads.

A new stadium is a must no matter where they decide to put it. Plus Salty Air better be in the picture when building it. To protect it from the elements. Lots of Sun too. How about an enclosed stadium that can open up with the push of a button. Like a sunroof hahahaha.

There are plans already for them to build housing areas around kunia. Some of it farm land. The state should take advantage and buy the land just before you exit to the new West Side Campus just below the hill. If they don't take that great piece of land for the stadium now there will be houses there for sure. Maybe some businesses too. It might be too late already.
this is what i'm talking about.15 minutes on the freeway.aloha stadium site would be a construction site for 10 years.no can.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

As a fan I want the full fan experience to include tailgating. Tradition keeps fans interested along with winning. If the fans actually see the support coming from the state and big time donors there would be a rash of support for UH athletics. Football being the "bread winner" of college athletics it would best the state to make the right decision to move the stadium out West.

Maybe they should put Manoa out West too. Then it would not be a commute campus and would eliminate major traffic going into town from the West side.

It's time for change for the better.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Considering how much Hawaii (Oahu) has changed, we need to keep as many "traditions" as possible, that that include tailgating, under the mature trees, the flea market, and at Aloha Staduim. Tradition is maybe all UH football got, at this time.

warriorfan007
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warriorfan007 »

HawaiianHogster wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:52 pm If they move it on campus I guarantee they will lose half of those 20,000 fans maybe more. It is too crowded sometimes to go watch volleyball with max of 10,000 fans. Can you imagine the traffic trying to get 30 to 40 thousand fans there? I won't even take the rail to do that. Put it downtown/Manoa and you will add more traffic than what fans will want to deal with. It's already busy. People already complain about having to go Waikiki due to traffic and parking nightmares.

The heart and soul of a college football game is the student section. The student section feeds energy into the stadium. Right now, there is no student section. If UH and the State were smart, they’d buy the area around Varsity circle and turn that into more student townhouses and condos. Add another parking lot and build a college town for the students. Also the Area by pucks alley need to be fixed up and UH should partner with Kamehameha to do it.

I’ve been to Manoa when the Stanley and Murakami were sold out and traffic lasted a mere 30 minutes after the game. Big whoop. Unlike the stadium, UH can open the parking lots all day so fans can stagger in. Tailgating will be allowed on campus, certain parts of lower campus but rallies can be held in the outdoor theater.

A stadium should be built where the current Ching field is, the end zone next to the offices will be the football performance facilty connecting to the parking garage. In the football center, the film rooms, training facilities, study faculties, ma Koa restaurant suite, and the bookstore to connect to the garage. That’ll be one entrance to the stadium. Knock down the tennis courts and put the courts buy the pool side. Or on top the new parking structure. Where the current practice field is, they can build a multi use facilty for football, track and soccer but build it into a small stadium to hold meets and event for high schools and so forth.

UH currently had 6500 stall compared to Aloha stadium that used too have 8000 before rail. UH can add 1500-2000 more stalls. KAimuki highshool, University Lab schools and parks around the he area can be used for shuttles service to Manoa.

If you build ships and restaurants on campus (which also brings in revenue for the school) you can entertain fans throughout the day leading to the game. Traffic won’t be bad if you stagger it. Also, traffic is bad for Basketball and baseball together because people literally go on Hawaiian time and cram the roads. I’m 90% sure if UH turned into a boise caliber program, traffic would be the last thing on peoples minds.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

lots of good points for all the possible new stadium locations.the only must is no bleachers.i want my own seat.