*** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread ****

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: *** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread - Commits to Alabama****

Post by ubercow »

genks
Starter
Starter

Re: *** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread - Commits to Alabama****

Post by genks »

Zero starts, 1 National Championship MVP great job Tua!!! All he needed was a chance

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread ****

Post by Kailuaboy »

New redshirt rule adds intriguing potential twist to Alabama's QB competition

by Andy Staples
July 3, 2018

© Getty Images

I went on vacation and the NCAA went and changed everything.

When my time off began a few weeks ago, it seemed a fait accompli that the NCAA’s Division I Council finally would change the
transfer rules for the better—removing the ability for coaches or athletic directors to block a player from transferring on scholarship
to anywhere that player chooses. The proposal that seemed far less likely to pass involved a change in the redshirt rule that would
allow Division I football players to play up to four games in a season and still redshirt. That rule had been the pet project of American
Football Coaches Association president Todd Berry for years, but even though it had the support of practically every coach in the
country, Berry didn’t seem optimistic that university presidents, athletic directors and conference officials would agree.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Will he start or will he leave if not?

Post by HawaiianHogster »

You know how rumors get around. I heard one rumor that had Tua not played in that NCAA tournament game that he was thinking about going somewhere else. True or false it doesn't matter anymore. I heard Saban say he wanted his starting QB leading the team. That would put Tua as the backup. Will Tua accept this role again after his performance in the title game?

They way Tua talks it is Bama for life. You never know where God's calling will take you until it happens. So are there any Alabama fans that know who the stating QB for Alabama will be in 2018 season?

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Jalen or Tua

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Well Saban came out and said it is better to have two than one or none, so my guess is Saban will use both QB's. I believe it is too late to go somewhere else to start. Saban said he will announce the starter during Fall camp. This could get ugly for Saban once he announces the starter. What a good position to be in to have those QB's so close to being the starter.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

By ANDY STAPLES July 12, 2018

The Alabama quarterback situation remains the nation’s most fascinating offseason storyline, and you have questions…

From Blake: Are we going to have a Chris Leak/Tim Tebow type year with the Alabama QB situation?

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I'm glad he's getting his shot to start. Hurt really can't throw the ball very well. The Tide offense will take off with Tua.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

At this point, I would have to say that he is the front runner for the Heisman. Stats plus being on a winning team.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

You gotta wonder at this point whether Saban is keeping Tua out of the game to keep him from running away from Alabama too soon and going pro. Going 8 for 8 and that's all he plays?