2018 QB Battle: who wins?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football

Who is Hawaii's starting QB at the END of the 2018 football season?

Cole McDonald
10%
Jeremy Moussa
5%
Chevan Cordeiro
45%
Justin Uahinui
5%
Larry Tuileta
10%
Kolney Cassel
15%
Other?
10%

Total votes: 20

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

2018 QB Battle: who wins?

Post by J-Rod »

Pretty straightforward. It's not about how you start, but how you finish. When the 2018 football season concludes in November/December, who do you think will be the starting QB? Will they be the QB going forward?

yakwarrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2018 QB Battle: who wins?

Post by yakwarrior »

A more interesting ? who will be starting after game 1 or 2 or maybe game 4/

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I have no idea at all. Not even a favorite. Could be a lamb to the wolves. Can we even run the ball?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Competition brings out the best in everyone. But I almost think UH just need to name someone. Make the commitment. That is your guy, so everyone will know the strengths and weakness of the QB. And develop a plan to work around things. New players, new offense, new system, IMO too much new. Too much to learn and get used to. Decide now.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Uahinui will emerge as the Moniz of the group. jk idk. But I look forward to fall camp to finally see these guys out there.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Does any of them besides Chevan have actual experience in any form of the run and shoot?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Neighbor wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:35 am Uahinui will emerge as the Moniz of the group. jk idk. But I look forward to fall camp to finally see these guys out there.
That depends. Does Justin deliver pizzas? \:D/
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

yakwarrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by yakwarrior »

Cassel trained in the RnS buy June Jones, Tutored by Chris Miller, Jones 's former qb at the Falcons. Also tutored by Hal Mummy in the Mummy air raid. And yes he can pass the ball down field, has good accuracy and a good football mind, lives for the game, studies films regularly.
At the very least he will make the qbs work harder.
I hear he's been in Hawaii serval times this year watching the teem and may be their this week, maybe studying films.
Also hear he's working out every day and throwing the ball 3 days a week. Injury doing ok so far.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

yakwarrior wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:47 pm Cassel trained in the RnS buy June Jones, Tutored by Chris Miller, Jones 's former qb at the Falcons. Also tutored by Hal Mummy in the Mummy air raid. And yes he can pass the ball down field, has good accuracy and a good football mind, lives for the game, studies films regularly.
At the very least he will make the qbs work harder.
I hear he's been in Hawaii serval times this year watching the teem and may be their this week, maybe studying films.
Also hear he's working out every day and throwing the ball 3 days a week. Injury doing ok so far.
If healthy he could be the one to go to. Injuries kept him off of the field. I like that he hasn’t had an int. JJ is a pretty good judge of talent. Cassel has the most game experience. I wouldn’t mind him starting with one of the freshman as the backup.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

RedZone wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 pm I have no idea at all. Not even a favorite. Could be a lamb to the wolves. Can we even run the ball?
+1....more even to the point, can we run the ball well or decent to give the Defense an honest look?
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I totally get why Chevan Cordeiro is leading in the poll. I would invest in him for the future.

Just wondering why there are little vote for Cole McDonald. So the question is why not CMD? Are there things you guys are seeing?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:01 pm I totally get why Chevan Cordeiro is leading in the poll. I would invest in him for the future.

Just wondering why there are little vote for Cole McDonald. So the question is why not CMD? Are there things you guys are seeing?
More like a lack of game time measurables from last season. When he did get into games, the coaching staff called quarterback runs with very few passing plays. Chevan, while never playing a down in a D1 game, obviously, has been seen from high school in a throwing, run and shoot offense for a team that very rarely ran the ball. Plus, the question posed is who will be the starting QB when the 2018 season concludes in November/December. I think that Chevan will finish the season, but that Cole with start at the beginning of the season. Jeremy will be in the mix at some point, but will be learning the system in his first year.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Yeah, hard to say...we haven't seen run-and-shoot McDonald yet, but he was used exclusively as a wildcat type QB last season. Doesn't exactly lend confidence that he'll be spinning it like Colt out there.

Again, I get the feeling we'll see multiple QBs this season. Start 1-3 (@CSU, Navy, @Army) and I wouldn't be stunned if one of the freshman gets Duquesne to show what they can do.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

New guy Zach gets my vote.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:43 pm New guy Zach gets my vote.
Too bad that Zach doesn't get here (if he signs) until 2019. :D