ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

2 Warriors arrested

Post by ulua »

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3839 ... ltercation
Linebacker Jahlani Tavai and running back Kaiwi Chung were arrested for third degree assault after they were involved in an altercation with a man who allegedly pushed a woman to the ground, according to law enforcement sources.

It happened at The District nightclub on Kona Street.

Tavai and Chung are believed to have been in the vicinity of the initial incident and subsequently went after the man. They were later arrested for the misdemeanor crime.

pearlman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2 Warriors arrested

Post by pearlman »

These players are something else, go to places to play knights and shining armor and get smoked by HPD. Have the boys learned from the past years, you flirt with places that has potential trouble, you put you're playing career in jeopardy?

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

sucks :-?

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I doubt anything comes of this.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

arrest is one thing. if it happened the way the news reported it, the complaining witness may not pursue charges. not out of fear, but of embarrassment of the cause of the incident.

it might be a good thing that players are willing to step in to help the vulnerable.

after all, isn't that what we are taught to do.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

st808 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:46 pm arrest is one thing. if it happened the way the news reported it, the complaining witness may not pursue charges. not out of fear, but of embarrassment of the cause of the incident.

it might be a good thing that players are willing to step in to help the vulnerable.

after all, isn't that what we are taught to do.
According to Tsai, she plans to press charges
According to witnesses, linebacker Jahlani Tavai and running back Kaiwi Chung were defending a woman who was allegedly knocked down by a 27-year-old man in a Honolulu nightclub early Saturday. Tavai and Chung were arrested after being involved in an altercation with the man and his three friends outside of the club.

According to a person familiar with the situation, the woman plans to file a criminal complaint against the man she claims knocked her down.
ImageImage

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

poidog wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:40 pm I doubt anything comes of this.
Yeah, some extra running in practice, but that's it.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Matlin is correct. They need to gather more information. The story could vary depending upon who you ask. I would have thought that the man would have been arrested for knocking down the woman. Just seem strange. Did she attack him? Was he defending himself? Too many questions that needs to be answered. But still the off-season drama continues.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

From the very little information we have, it sounds like Tavai and Chung were trying to help the lady who got assaulted. Chased the dude down and got into a fight. Why wasn't the other guy arrested? Only the winners get arrested? lol

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I think the 2 players were charged, and then the woman was said to be considering charges to the guy that pushed her. i'm betting at the end of the day both sides drop charges/decline to file charges and the incident goes away. getting arrested is probably some violation of the athletic code of conduct, but most likely less of an offense than actually getting charged and having to go to court and all that.

this team needs a fricken break, ya know?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Messed up world isn't it? Man assaults a woman in a public place. Two men come to defend her. The two defenders get arrested by HPD. Perps get preference?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:56 am Messed up world isn't it? Man assaults a woman in a public place. Two men come to defend her. The two defenders get arrested by HPD. Perps get preference?
I don't think its that simple as inferred by the newspaper. If the two football players detained the man who supposedly pushed the woman, that's one thing. If they caused bodily injury to the person who assaulted and was running away, then it is assault. I personally think they need to walk away when drinks are involved and just make sure the woman is okay. I also think it was the local boy who may have gotten more aggressive since the other Hawaii player has more on the line.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Because of their "star" status, trouble will find them, right or wrong.

You can call the star players an a-hole, what are they going to do? Punch you? The press will be all over this. In today's cell phone - facebook era, they will always loose, in the long run.

Stay home guys, srs.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:18 am
My3Cats wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:56 am Messed up world isn't it? Man assaults a woman in a public place. Two men come to defend her. The two defenders get arrested by HPD. Perps get preference?
I don't think its that simple as inferred by the newspaper. If the two football players detained the man who supposedly pushed the woman, that's one thing. If they caused bodily injury to the person who assaulted and was running away, then it is assault. I personally think they need to walk away when drinks are involved and just make sure the woman is okay. I also think it was the local boy who may have gotten more aggressive since the other Hawaii player has more on the line.
That could very well be true. Of course, we will never learn the whole truth as to what actually happened, from beginning to the end of the incident. There was no mention of what preceded the perp pushing the woman down in the first place. Maybe she was the original aggressor and the two players did not witness that.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/06/2 ... ctivities/
updates on the reports and district court date of July 9