Oregon State violates NCAA rules for sending recruiting materials to UH players

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Oregon State violates NCAA rules for sending recruiting materials to UH players

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/NickRolovich/status/992340819817320448 https://twitter.com/NickRolovich/status/992416536181657605

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Oregon State recruiting UH players?

Post by ubercow »

pretty bs. also the post by nbc sports northwest referred to in the second tweet isn't actual "news", it's a reporting of rolovich's tweet, and a random guess that it was an accident by some NBCS-NW 'staff member' because there isn't a statement from oregon state, or absolutely any evidence at all to come to the conclusion that it was an accident. I know it's just sports but where the heck is the journalistic integrity?

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

fake news! fake news!
dang big 5 schools. they ain't so smart tho! how dumb are you?
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Oregon ST still salty from that Aloha bowl loss in 1999 😂😂😂

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Legi Suianoa and Kefense Hynson got pooched to the OSU coaching staff. They better not be behind this! Anyone on social media? retweet Rolo's tweet to the NCAA. Mistake, my okole!!!! If it's an "accident" let the NCAA figure it out.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Maybe Brandon Kipper didn't make such a good move. Sounds like OSU might not be improving significantly from 7 wins in three seasons. Rolo's tweet seemed to have caused a minor internet storm of news today. The Pac-12 did not make the FBS playoffs in three years and two basketball final four in 10 years. And, OSU is at the bottom of the Pac-12.
Last edited by shrek2 on Fri May 04, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

shrek2 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:04 pm Maybe Brandon Kipper didn't make such a good move. Sounds like OSU might not be improving significantly from 7 wins in three seasons. Rolo's tweet seem have caused a minor internet storm of news today. The Pac-12 did not make the FBS playoffs in three years and two basketball final four in 10 years. And, OSU is at the bottom of the Pac-12.
Maybe, Kipper got "recruited" to go to OSU. Looks that way now. This has to be looked into! Did those pooched UH coaches target certain players in the "accidental" recruiting material? If I'm pissed, I know Rolo, Smith and the rest of our coaches are PUed!!!!!!

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

ubercow wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:07 am pretty bs. also the post by nbc sports northwest referred to in the second tweet isn't actual "news", it's a reporting of rolovich's tweet, and a random guess that it was an accident by some NBCS-NW 'staff member' because there isn't a statement from oregon state, or absolutely any evidence at all to come to the conclusion that it was an accident. I know it's just sports but where the heck is the journalistic integrity?
"journalistic integrity" died 20 years ago.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

stranger808 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:55 am retweet Rolo's tweet to the NCAA. Mistake, my okole!!!! If it's an "accident" let the NCAA figure it out.
rolo's tweet tagged OSU compliance, NCAA, PAC-12 compliance, FootballScoop Staff, BarStoolSports Staff, and Lavar Ball :lol:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

ubercow wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:17 pm
stranger808 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:55 am retweet Rolo's tweet to the NCAA. Mistake, my okole!!!! If it's an "accident" let the NCAA figure it out.
rolo's tweet tagged OSU compliance, NCAA, PAC-12 compliance, FootballScoop Staff, BarStoolSports Staff, and Lavar Ball :lol:
cool, that Lavar Ball will get things moving. lmao

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I like Lavar Ball the best on that list. If there is an antichrist, he's the antitrump.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

shrek2 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:57 pm
I like Lavar Ball the best on that list. If there is an antichrist, he's the antitrump.
why bring politics into this?

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

"According to the Twitter account of Hawaii coach Nick Rolovich, Oregon State sent its own recruiting materials addressed to Hawaii's athletic department, including four letters and what appears to be numerous brochures. He also suggests that these aren't meant for high school recruits on official visits, but are meant for players who are on the current Hawaii roster."

Already on the front page (side bar) of CBSSports.com.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ring-game/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:59 pm
shrek2 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:57 pm

why bring politics into this?
Not meant to be political. Just know that both men are in the news for what they say and how they say it. I think both men say things that are intended for their best interest. In Lavar Ball's case, he will buck the NCAA and PAC-12 if he sees an opening in the material that's given him. Hopefully he uses the info to cause the NCAA and powerful PAC-12 to do something about OSU.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Right on Rolo.