But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:18 am
You don't like stats and charts? Try watching Moneyball some time dude. Statistics are the way of the future. I have a faint suspicion that you and Shrek2 may be the same person and that's cool with me.

Btw, I am not a fan of the 49ers or Kap. I just think Kap got shafted by the white minded NFL. I don't really like Kap because he was always so arrogant. However, I have always respected Kaepernick.

You must admit it is ironic that the super white Patriots ended up being the saviors of the 49ers in their timely release of Jimmy G. to answer their quarterback dilemma.
Not related to Makana. 2500 miles away from Kailua. UH graduate.

I don't think Kap is arrogant as I have heard stories that he is a nice guy.

Finally, I am not white but I have lived in Europe and all over the US (not with the military) and yes there are racial biases but this is not what the discussion is about. Its about Kap as an American football player.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:04 am
You don't like stats and charts? Try watching Moneyball some time dude. Statistics are the way of the future. I have a faint suspicion that you and Shrek2 may be the same person and that's cool with me.

Btw, I am not a fan of the 49ers or Kap. I just think Kap got shafted by the white minded NFL. I don't really like Kap because he was always so arrogant. However, I have always respected Kaepernick.

You must admit it is ironic that the super white Patriots ended up being the saviors of the 49ers in their timely release of Jimmy G. to answer their quarterback dilemma.
Not related to Makana. 2500 miles away from Kailua. UH graduate.

I don't think Kap is arrogant as I have heard stories that he is a nice guy.

Finally, I am not white but I have lived in Europe and all over the US (not with the military) and yes there are racial biases but this is not what the discussion is about. Its about Kap as an American football player.
Okay...okay....agree to disagree? I'm a UH graduate too. Jimmy G. just made the biggest bank in NFL history. It would appear your team believes it has a franchise quarterback. Good luck. I have no ill will towards Jimmy G., you, or your team.

Aloha. ;-)

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Let's hope for Kap to get a chance somewhere.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Makana wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:57 am BTW that video is laughable, using a chart method to determine how great a QB is, please, smfh. Thanks for the video though I'm gonna post that on another site. Hahahaha!! Fail.

You couldn't be more wrong about stats, in no way do they tell the whole story on how a player performed. You continue watching Moneyball I'll stick to watching Football!!!

And not only did you make things personal in here by taking a shot at shrek and I but you also made it racist too. And btw Jimmy G. is Italian you need to get your facts straight.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Actually, Jimmy G. is Italian and Polish. Those are considered to be white races. Try calling an Italian the N word and see what happens. The issue of Colin Kaepernick is very much racially charged. He was protesting racial profiling by police and got black-balled as a result. Again, you're being naive.

I was testing to see if you and Shrek2 were the same person and clearly you are not. Your responses are polar opposites. There is nothing personal here; I assure you.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link
But, but Tom Brady never was any good. Watch this video and see what a real coach can do with untapped potential in a quarterback nobody else wanted. The irony of this thread and its contributors is palpable.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Okay...I'm not 100% convinced you and Shrek2 are not the same person...but...hey...this is the internet isn't it?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 am Okay...I'm not 100% convinced you and Shrek2 are not the same person...but...hey...this is the internet isn't it?
What point are you trying to make?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Look, quarterbacks get written off all the time as being no good. Tom Brady was one. Nick Foles was another...how about Dan Robinson? Sometimes great coaches and great teams make the difference. To simply write off Colin Kaepernick because his team lost a bunch of games with two one-year-and-out coaches is nonsense.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 am Look, quarterbacks get written off all the time as being no good. Tom Brady was one. Nick Foles was another...how about Dan Robinson? Sometimes great coaches and great teams make the difference. To simply write off Colin Kaepernick because his team lost a bunch of games with two one-year-and-out coaches is nonsense.
I never "wrote off" Colin Kaepernick for his bad years, I just never thought of him as a good starting NFL quarterback even back to his UNR days. There are some things that I see of quarterbacks that I enjoy watching and I did not enjoy watching Colin Kaepernick because of basic mistakes even when they were winning.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

At Nevada, Colin passed for 82 td's and only gave up 24 int's. He was a force to be reckoned with for Hawaii. Again, look at the video I posted of his pro stats. They mirror his college stats. Many highly paid quarterbacks in the NFL have both terrible college stats and terrible professional stats. Yet, they continue to be the face of their respective franchises. I hope your newly designated franchise quarterback doesn't match the expectations of the guy they chose instead of Tom Brady. Yes...take a good long look at that other video I posted regarding the overlook of Tom Brady for Giovanni Carmazzi.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link
Shannon Sharpe on why Colin Kaepernick deserves a shot at a starting job in the NFL and how he is nothing like Tim Tebow. You must think that Shannon Sharpe hasn't done his research properly. He has no idea what he is talking about because he doesn't watch football as much as you do.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:35 am At Nevada, Colin passed for 82 td's and only gave up 24 int's. He was a force to be reckoned with for Hawaii. Again, look at the video I posted of his pro stats. They mirror his college stats. Many highly paid quarterbacks in the NFL have both terrible college stats and terrible professional stats. Yet, they continue to be the face of their respective franchises. I hope your newly designated franchise quarterback doesn't match the expectations of the guy they chose instead of Tom Brady. Yes...take a good long look at that other video I posted regarding the overlook of Tom Brady for Giovanni Carmazzi.
This got kinda bored because you basically lost track on what you're arguing and you couldn't be more off base. lol

One thing you're totally not getting by posting these videos and stats is that no one is really arguing Kaepernick's stats, those are pretty much irrelevant. The main point of this argument is that I mentioned Kaepernick struggles from the pocket, going through reads and basically struggled overall once the read-option was figured out.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Brady, lmfao!! For one, Brady never struggled with mechanics, footwork and pocket poise, the knock on Brady was that the physical appearance made him look incapable of being a starting NFL QB.
tombradyI: found my combine shirt from 17 years ago and it got me thinking. This is what they said about me then..... Poor build, Skinny, Lacks great physical stature and strength, Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush, Lacks a really strong arm, Can’t drive the ball downfield, Does not throw a really tight spiral, System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib, Gets knocked down easily
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRLoTIkhdOw ... ll_control

So what exactly is the point you're trying to make?
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Jimmy Garoppolo ...Giovanni Carmazzi. I can't believe that you can't see the irony in the selection of these two quarterbacks by San Francisco.

Jimmy Garoppolo may succeed where Giovanni Carmazzi did not because he had Bill Belichick as a mentor. I wouldn't compare Curt Warner to Bill Belichick. Kurt Warner was brought in by a terrible head coach who will coach again.

This from ESPN http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... kaepernick
Colin Kaepernick regressed in many passing categories last season as the 49ers tried to make him more of a pocket passer. AP Photo/Jeff Chiu
Clown Warner wrote: 'Start with the physical part of it," Warner added. "We're trying to teach him ... what 'normal' looks like for a quarterback. Not an athletic quarterback. Not a guy that you've thrown in there and allowed to live on his athletic ability. It's about getting balanced and being in a situation where your technique is so good, that it drives how you throw the football. So we're starting there."

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

nvm
Last edited by Makana on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum