New season's depth chart

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

New season's depth chart

Post by gpmcconnell »

I know the season is over 200 days away and a lot can happen but does anyone want to try and guess what the depth chart will look like on either side of the ball?

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: New season's depth chart

Post by stranger808 »

all I'm sure of is Jahlani Tavai will start at MLB. lol

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

There will be a first-time starting quarterback.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

There will be a first time starting RB
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I can see these guys the starting
SB - John Ursua
C - Tui Eli
RT - JR Hensley
LB - Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo
S - Daniel Lewis
LS - Noah Borden

Irse

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm I can see these guys the starting
SB - John Ursua
C - Tui Eli
RT - JR Hensley
S - Daniel Lewis
LS - Noah Borden
Wouldn't be surprised to see Scott as one of the LBers.

As bad as we were last year, we have a tons of holes to fill. Hopefully we play better this year.
ImageImage

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Irse wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:51 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm I can see these guys the starting
SB - John Ursua
C - Tui Eli
RT - JR Hensley
S - Daniel Lewis
LS - Noah Borden
Any idea on the potential starting WRs or RB? Maybe Holly at RB?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Scott as one of the LBers.

As bad as we were last year, we have a tons of holes to fill. Hopefully we play better this year.

Irse

Post by Irse »

I'll go out on a limb and say Keliiliki at RB and Stubblefield and Armstrong-Brown at WR with Ursua and Noa at slot. OL of Hensley, Graves, Eli, Dalpe and Levao.
ImageImage

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Very excited to see what Stubblefield can do

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Kaiwi Chung. Hback, blocking back.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

QB: Cordeiro, Moussa or if some JC or D1 transfer comes in the summer.

WR: Timoteo, Armstrong-Brown, Stubblefield got game experience but lots of RS & incoming recruits to look forward to Dark Horses are Leeth and Stallworth

SB: John Ursua is a lock, Noa looked good at the end of last season. Look for JC Cedric Byrd to be in the mix. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tristin Kamaka sneak in for a few plays.

TE: Torres and Greeley return with lots of experience but look for Chung to flatten some defenders and hopefully get a few carries.

RB: Only Holly returns with game experience, but not much.  But Dale, Reed, Ito & Keliiliki will contend for PT.  Dark horse is Keliiliki.

Oline: Tui Eli (C) and JR Hensley (RT) looks to be locks. If Ulu-Perry can stay injury frwe and drop 30-40 lbs he will be a beast.    Vanterpool, Graves Bernal-Wendt, Sunia will push  for starting roless as will the 5 JC signees Moore, Wade, Pryor, Dalphe, Levao

DE: Lots of competition for 2 open spots.  I really like Kaimana Padello and thinks she should be awarded the first available scholarship given to a walkon.  Justus Tavai is one of the newbies I have high hopes for, along with Ritner, Thomas & Mataafa.  Kamuela Borden may be a dark horse.

DT: Akoteu, Moala, Eldredge have the edge but Russell, Moenanu, Choi will see PT and possibly Blessman and other who redshirted.

LB: Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo looks like locks but the linebackers will be the strongest unit.
Okeke, Pritchard, Pavehi, Scott are solid backups

S: Daniel Lewis is a lock.  Hicks could move to starting but lots of competition including Aufaga & Time.

CB: Farris & Ford are opening contenders, Wilson not far behind but again lots of competition

LS: Noah Borden

Punter: Stan Gaudion

PK: Really want to see what Boyle can do on kickoffs, FG & PAT

Irse

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:31 pm QB: Cordeiro, Moussa or if some JC or D1 transfer comes in the summer.

WR: Timoteo, Armstrong-Brown, Stubblefield got game experience but lots of RS & incoming recruits to look forward to Dark Horses are Leeth and Stallworth

SB: John Ursua is a lock, Noa looked good at the end of last season. Look for JC Cedric Byrd to be in the mix. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tristin Kamaka sneak in for a few plays.

TE: Torres and Greeley return with lots of experience but look for Chung to flatten some defenders and hopefully get a few carries.

RB: Only Holly returns with game experience, but not much.  But Dale, Reed, Ito & Keliiliki will contend for PT.  Dark horse is Keliiliki.

Oline: Tui Eli (C) and JR Hensley (RT) looks to be locks. If Ulu-Perry can stay injury frwe and drop 30-40 lbs he will be a beast.    Vanterpool, Graves Bernal-Wendt, Sunia will push  for starting roless as will the 5 JC signees Moore, Wade, Pryor, Dalphe, Levao

DE: Lots of competition for 2 open spots.  I really like Kaimana Padello and thinks she should be awarded the first available scholarship given to a walkon.  Justus Tavai is one of the newbies I have high hopes for, along with Ritner, Thomas & Mataafa.  Kamuela Borden may be a dark horse.

DT: Akoteu, Moala, Eldredge have the edge but Russell, Moenanu, Choi will see PT and possibly Blessman and other who redshirted.

LB: Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo looks like locks but the linebackers will be the strongest unit.

S: Daniel Lewis is a lock.  Hicks could move to starting but lots of competition including Aufaga & Time.

CB: Farris & Ford are opening contenders, Wilson not far behind but again lots of competition

I think it will be a good battle between Moussa and Cordeiro. Moussa will be here for spring camp but Cordeiro has been in the RnS for a while

I would like to see Timoteo step it up a bit. He could be a beast

Saying Ulu-Perry needs to lose 30-40 is being kind. Needs to be a lot more. He lost a lot of mobility. Wade is a down the line project plus he was not a JC signee.

Is Borden playing OL or DL. I think he needs a good year of conditioning and building football strength after his mission. Lots of good potential on the Dline.

Don't know too much about the back end
ImageImage

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

What about Tui Unga? Is his injury healed? I haven't heard any news about him. I must have missed it if he moved on from UH.

Irse

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:31 pm QB: Cordeiro, Moussa or if some JC or D1 transfer comes in the summer.

I think it will be a good battle between Moussa and Cordeiro. Moussa will be here for spring camp but Cordeiro has been in the RnS for a while

I would like to see Timoteo step it up a bit. He could be a beast

Saying Ulu-Perry needs to lose 30-40 is being kind. Needs to be a lot more. He lost a lot of mobility. Wade is a down the line project plus he was not a JC signee.

Is Borden playing OL or DL. I think he needs a good year of conditioning and building football strength after his mission. Lots of good potential on the Dline.

Don't know too much about the back end
ImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 am What about Tui Unga? Is his injury healed? I haven't heard any news about him. I must have missed it if he moved on from UH.
I think he used up his eligibility. He played in four games last year which would be 33% of the games. I think to qualify for a medical redshirt, he couldn't play more than 25% of the games.
ImageImage