Keala Santiago to transfer

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Hilorains
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Keala Santiago to transfer

Post by Hilorains »

Just saw on twitter Keala will transfer....this on hurts

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Keala Santiago to transfer

Post by Irse »

I wish him the best but we'll be fine.
ImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

https://twitter.com/ksantiago_3/status/957112809787043841
ImageImage

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

The more this escalates, the more I want Cordeiro or Moussa to start at QB. If we're going to lose a bunch of guys and basically go into next season knowing this will be a rebuilding year, at least let the young guys play. At all positions. Build towards something. No more Band-aid University Football.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

not good, but good luck to Keala. At least Keala gave his home team a shot. This xfer out is hard to swallow.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The transfer of all these players may say something about the coaching staff and/or the team prospects. Good or bad?

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

He missed many tackles, took bad angles and wasn't a game changer. This is not to say he wasn't better than others at same position @ UH, but there are huge gaps in his game.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Did we have this many transfers last year? I can't remember did Keala start?

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:30 am The transfer of all these players may say something about the coaching staff and/or the team prospects. Good or bad?
If it was that bad, then I think Tavai would have gone pro.
ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

gpmcconnell wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:34 am Did we have this many transfers last year? I can't remember did Keala start?
We had a few season ending injuries and a couple of team dismissals on the Oline and Defensive Line, I think. Apparently Keala started 4 games last season when the defense started out with a three safety package.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:26 am
shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:30 am The transfer of all these players may say something about the coaching staff and/or the team prospects. Good or bad?
My thoughts on Tavai is that he had a better sophomore year than junior year. He's got a better chance by doing good in his senior year. By making the top three rounds, he has a chance for a million dollar contract rather than the NFL minimum. So I guess in answer to my question, the transfer of players is not a sign of a sinking ship?

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/01/2 ... ball-team/
The release allows Santiago to receive a football scholarship from another school for the 2018 fall semester. He still would have to redshirt if he transfers to another FBS school. Santiago reportedly has drawn interest as a preferred non-scholarship player from two Pac-12 schools.
If he is a preferred walk-on, he likely will need to wait 2 years before a school considers awarding him a scholarship. If they award it during his first 2 years, it will be counted as an initial scholarhip against their annual allotment. As a transfer to any Div. 1 school, he will have to sit out 1 year before playing and then will be a 2 to play 2. If the school awards him a scholarship in his senior or third year on campus, he will have paid tuition and room and board for two years. If school never awards him a scholarship, he will have to pay tuition and room and board for all three years he's at the school. On the other hand, he has strong academics and might be able to get an academic scholarship or other types of financial aid that would mitigate some of his out-ot-pocket expenses.

Financially, he should go to a school that will scholarship him immediately including his sit out year.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:26 am
I think the change in the coaching staff (especially at LB) aided in Tavai staying. If no change was made I would have bet he would have left, as well as another LB

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Where did Duggan end up?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 am He missed many tackles, took bad angles and wasn't a game changer. This is not to say he wasn't better than others at same position @ UH, but there are huge gaps in his game.
Agreed. Sad to see him go, but not irreplaceable.