Larry Tuileta should be 100% football

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Larry Tuileta should be 100% football

Post by BigWave96744 »

Last year Rolo awarded Tuileta a FOOTBALL Scholarship to a part time football and volleyball player.

Now Rolo is now down Moussa and McDonald in spring camp. Sports Animals say Tuileta is primed to take over. Really??? The last time he played a game was December 2013.

Maybe brother can still ball, but I honestly feel that if he's going to keep being on Football Scholarship he needs to focus 100% on football and ditch volleyball. Otherwise Charlie Wade should pick up the tab.

Need a leader on the field not the locker room.
Got to start awarding scholies wisely

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Larry Tuileta should be 100% football

Post by go bows »

Yes. Also ran the run and shoot at Punahou.

Win the job during the spring and dominate fall camp.

CC is promising -- good feet and vision with decent arm strength. Accuracy is also very good.

However the frame is not ready for college football. Redshirt but be ready for plan b should tuileta fail or get injured.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:08 pm Last year Rolo awarded Tuileta a FOOTBALL Scholarship to a part time football and volleyball player.

Now Rolo is now down Moussa and McDonald in spring camp. Sports Animals say Tuileta is primed to take over. Really??? The last time he played a game was December 2013.

Maybe brother can still ball, but I honestly feel that if he's going to keep being on Football Scholarship he needs to focus 100% on football and ditch volleyball. Otherwise Charlie Wade should pick up the tab.

Isn't it the NCAA that determines who have to give up the scholarship?
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:56 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:08 pm Last year Rolo awarded Tuileta a FOOTBALL Scholarship to a part time football and volleyball player.

Isn't it the NCAA that determines who have to give up the scholarship?
I'm pretty sure that the larger sport has to provide the scholie for dual sports athletes. Is this case the volleyball team reaps the benefit.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Yep. So it's not Rolo's or Wade's decision. Only if he quits football.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:50 am Yep. So it's not Rolo's or Wade's decision. Only if he quits football.
Yes that's why if he wants a shot of being a starter he should quit volleyball. If he's content on being a locker room leader, he doesn't have to be on scholie and can be a walkon and play 2 sports. If he wants to be on scholie and focus on volleyball he should quit football and Wade can give him a scholie.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

A men's volleyball scholarship would only be a small percentage of the total pie of 4.5 scholarships that have to be shared.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I guess since he will be a senior anyway they will just keep him on scholie and be like Hunter Hughes

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:39 am I guess since he will be a senior anyway they will just keep him on scholie and be like Hunter Hughes
We need practice arms, Tuileta qualifies as an arm, if he doesn't start. Lol

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I've always been curious as to how or why Tuileta leapfrogged everyone else to be the 3rd string guy this past season (the two Coles were 2a and 2b, in reality)... I always figured there must be a reason He was in that position and not someone else... I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starting QB in the first game of the season.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

go bows wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:29 am Yes. Also ran the run and shoot at Punahou.

Win the job during the spring and dominate fall camp.

CC is promising -- good feet and vision with decent arm strength. Accuracy is also very good.

However the frame is not ready for college football. Redshirt but be ready for plan b should tuileta fail or get injured.
Punahou didn’t run the RNS with Tuileta.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I wonder how many practices he will make this spring? :-?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:36 pm I wonder how many practices he will make this spring? :-?
To be honest, I think he's more of a numbers guy. Depth. Not every QB on the roster is genuinely competing for the starting spot. If Larry were truly a threat to start, he would be a focal point of every practice.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Our football program's not good enough to give a scholarship to a part time player. We had depth problems last season.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

stranger808 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:43 pm Our football program's not good enough to give a scholarship to a part time player. We had depth problems last season.
Yup, this is not fair to the non-scholarship players who are here 100% at every practice, this scholarship should go to a starter that is not on scholarship or the very least even a bench player who contributes 100%
to the program, V-Ball should be the one to give up a Scholarship to Tuileta. this is messed up.