*MWC Mountain Opp

BigWave96744

Re: 2018 Schedule not looking to promising

Post by BigWave96744 »

- Navy, Fresno & SDSU went bowling this year
- Nevada, UNLV, BYU easily beat us this year
- Rice just hired former Stanford OC Mike Bloomgren as its next head coach
- Hawaii somehow struggles at SJSU
- I think we play Air Force. Not sure about the other 2 Mountain opponents. Hopefully not Boise St

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

If Rolo can't get the ship to turn around next year and the same troubles play out, my guess is that the only win would be against Duquesne. And it will not be a blow out.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

We are getting to the Hawaii bowl next year. Look at Nevada and Fresno State this year, no one thought do as well as they did. Just really need to get a new direction on defense.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Of the possible Mountain opponents
Boise St, Wyoming, Colorado St & Utah St are going bowling. Air Force finished at 5-7 and though New Mexico finished the same as Hawaii 3-9 (1-7 mwc), 3 of their loses were by 3 points or less including UNLV and Colorado St.

Out of the 12 MWC teams, only SJSU was worst than Hawaii, so as the saying goes, "We cannot take "... oh you know the rest

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

To think, it was not long ago that with opponents like this, especially with no BCS opponent, this would look like a double digit win season instead of a double digit lost season.

UNLV, Utah St, New Mexico, SJSU were cupcakes and pretty much penciled in win.

My how we have fallen.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

We're Dooooomed for 2018! :cry: :cry: :cry:

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Our Mountain Division opponents are CSU, USU, and Wyokie’s favorite team. Same as last year but different locations.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I think if we bring in a lot of JC guys to fill in on the O-line and D-line that we'll be fine and be in contention for a bowl bid. I've been just as frustrated with things this season and been calling for wholesale changes to the staff, but we can't ignore how little depth we had in the trenches and how that lack of depth really limited our options, especially on defense where we had to play tavai so close to the LOS because our d-line was so poor. That's my hope, anyway...

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Hmm. Hawaii has won the last two trips to San Jose.

The trip to Hawaii will be the new Rice football coach's first road game. Not easy for them.

Wyoming will have a very strong defense, but maybe the conference's worst offense and has to go to Hawaii.

Colorado State on the road will be tough, but at least they're losing just about every key player (Stevens, Gallup, Hawkins, etc.)

Nothing comes easy for Hawaii, and Rolo has a lot to sort through, but UH's opponents won't be sitting easy either.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

J-Rod wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:38 pm Hmm. Hawaii has won the last two trips to San Jose.

The trip to Hawaii will be the new Rice football coach's first road game. Not easy for them.

Wyoming will have a very strong defense, but maybe the conference's worst offense and has to go to Hawaii.

Colorado State on the road will be tough, but at least they're losing just about every key player (Stevens, Gallup, Hawkins, etc.)

Nothing comes easy for Hawaii, and Rolo has a lot to sort through, but UH's opponents won't be sitting easy either.
Hmmmm let's see

San Jose: yes Rolo won in 2016, Norm won 13-0 in 2014, but the 2 times Mack went up there and the last 3 times June went up, the game's were decided by 7 points or less. Something about playing there never seems comfortable.

Wyoming: since 1993 we are 1-8 vs the Cowboys. You say they will have the worst offense? So did Nevada this year and looked what happened.

Colorado St: Last time we beat them at home was 1992. Last time we beat them on the road was 1988. From 1989 to current we are 1-10 against the Rams.

Let also add BYU for that matter. This year their offense was so terrible that they fired their Heisman QB OC Ty Detmer, yet they blew us out with their 5th string QB and a running back (Austin Kafentzis) who was a QB before this season.

Although Rice only won 1 game this year, their new HC, who was a seasoned OC at Stanford will bring new energy to the Owls.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Rolovich needs to get his players and coaches in line from the get go. Acting the big man in ignoring outrageous dismissals of blue chip athletes your first year and petulantly throwing around suspensions subsequently ain't gonna fly. Disciplinary action is the last line action any head coach should take. What the heck is going on? The team lacks discipline. This team is a feel good train of a happy go lucky fall to coach who wants to reward his minions. When the minions don't fall in line they quit (Naole) or are suspended.

Fresno State was in a horrible state at the beginning of the year and yet they got their ship in order. We actually regressed. To me, the only imposing figure on the schedule is Hawaii. Get your act together, boys.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

The actual schedule with dates announced in the Spring of 2018 provide the Fat Boy of Korea doesn't try to send nukes via airmail to us.... :roll:
BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:54 am Home
Navy
Rice
Duquesne (FCS)
*Nevada
*UNLV
*Utah State
*WYOMING COWBOYS (whom UH will beat since Josh Allen will be in the NFL in 2018 - projected to go in the top 10 picks)

Road
Army
BYU
*Fresno St
*San Diego St
*San Jose St
*Fort Fart aka Colorado State
Hawaii won't get AFA until 2019 so UH will not play all three service academies in one season. Any questions?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:37 am Wyoming: since 1993 we are 1-8 vs the Cowboys. You say they will have the worst offense? So did Nevada this year and looked what happened.
Nevada had one of the better offenses in the conference once Gangi and Moore took over at QB and RB. Hawaii caught them in the wrong week. Wyoming minus Allen lost to San Jose State! An offence not even committed by Hawaii this year. Cowboys will be in a lot of low-scoring games next year.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Until I see a drastic improvement on defense we will again need to score a lot. It will depend on who fills the departing seniors. With St Juste went our offense. For now I only see a healthy Ursua making an impact. Will he be ready? We can’t afford to have those 3 and outs. The teams that are scheduled will just wear out our defense. I hope coach picks up some defensive gems who can play right away. No more off season mishaps would be a really nice start.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: