DICK TOMEY'S BOOK

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

DICK TOMEY'S BOOK

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

Coach Dick Tomey just called me; he will be in Las Vegas for his book signing the evening of Nov 3 at the California Hotel; who wants a book (with his signing) and join me there? This is the night before our game with UNLV on Nov. 4. About 80-90 of his former players from 1977-86 will be there like QB Jeff Duva, RB Gary Allen, P Greg Cummins, TE Dave Barbour, RB David Toloumu, etc.

Pls text me 415-324-0585 if you want a book; as Coach needs a rough estimate of books to be shipped to Vegas; thanks!
Also if you need game tickets for Nov. 4.

If you live in Hawaii, Coach will be on Oahu next month, see:

http://www.espn1420am.com/dick-tomey-book/
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: DICK TOMEY'S BOOK

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

Mark Kafentzis, Lyndell Jones & Larsen Lee is sitting in our group.
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

tom-WarriorNation wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:28 am Mark Kafentzis, Lyndell Jones & Larsen Lee is sitting in our group.
Wow Lyndell Jones. One of my favorite dbs of all time. We really could use him now.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

Dick Tomey was the one who put University of Hawaii Football on the map - he was a master motivator which his teams ALWAYS played the nationally ranked teams close and sometimes winning. I recall Coach Tomey was mentioned in Anthony Robbins' book regarding the time he had the team walk on hot coals thinking "Cool Moss". Some part of the athletics complex should be named after Dick Tomey since UH had portables when Coach Tomey arrived here and then since he was winning, UH got to building the Athletics complex before the Clarence TC Ching one was built. Coach Tomey had an exciting brand of football playing Great Defense and Special Teams while having some of the best offensive players in Hawaii History with Gary Allen, David Toloumu and Raphel Cherry to name a few. Not to mention one of the Greatest Trick Plays in College Football History, the Muddle Huddle.
You could actually say, Dick Tomey built the UH Football Program, then Bob Wagner was able to take it to new heights playing Tomey's Great Defense/Special Teams and installing Paul Johnson's triple option offense which they were able to finally beat BYU and get that Holiday Bowl win in San Diego against Illinois which has to be to this day the Greatest Victory in University of Hawaii Football history since it was won on the mainland and they finished nationally ranked for the first time in program history.
So I guess you could say Dick Tomey had laid the foundation for all of the future success of University of Hawaii Football. It was a Magical Time in University of Hawaii Football History those ten years Coach Tomey was here.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

quikfeat wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 pm Dick Tomey was the one who put University of Hawaii Football on the map - he was a master motivator which his teams ALWAYS played the nationally ranked teams close and sometimes winning. I recall Coach Tomey was mentioned in Anthony Robbins' book regarding the time he had the team walk on hot coals thinking "Cool Moss". Some part of the athletics complex should be named after Dick Tomey since UH had portables when Coach Tomey arrived here and then since he was winning, UH got to building the Athletics complex before the Clarence TC Ching one was built. Coach Tomey had an exciting brand of football playing Great Defense and Special Teams while having some of the best offensive players in Hawaii History with Gary Allen, David Toloumu and Raphel Cherry to name a few. Not to mention one of the Greatest Trick Plays in College Football History, the Muddle Huddle.
You could actually say, Dick Tomey built the UH Football Program, then Bob Wagner was able to take it to new heights playing Tomey's Great Defense/Special Teams and installing Paul Johnson's triple option offense which they were able to finally beat BYU and get that Holiday Bowl win in San Diego against Illinois which has to be to this day the Greatest Victory in University of Hawaii Football history since it was won on the mainland and they finished nationally ranked for the first time in program history.
So I guess you could say Dick Tomey had laid the foundation for all of the future success of University of Hawaii Football. It was a Magical Time in University of Hawaii Football History those ten years Coach Tomey was here.
He also was able to motivate the fans. I always looked forward going to the games at the stadium. He was the reason I started buying season tickets.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

RedZone wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:31 pm
quikfeat wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 pm Dick Tomey was the one who put University of Hawaii Football on the map - he was a master motivator which his teams ALWAYS played the nationally ranked teams close and sometimes winning. I recall Coach Tomey was mentioned in Anthony Robbins' book regarding the time he had the team walk on hot coals thinking "Cool Moss". Some part of the athletics complex should be named after Dick Tomey since UH had portables when Coach Tomey arrived here and then since he was winning, UH got to building the Athletics complex before the Clarence TC Ching one was built. Coach Tomey had an exciting brand of football playing Great Defense and Special Teams while having some of the best offensive players in Hawaii History with Gary Allen, David Toloumu and Raphel Cherry to name a few. Not to mention one of the Greatest Trick Plays in College Football History, the Muddle Huddle.
He also was able to motivate the fans. I always looked forward going to the games at the stadium. He was the reason I started buying season tickets.
Back in his days, if you didn't go to the games, you weren't able to watch it live (no PPV, no ESPN, etc). Didn't it come on delayed at 10 at night?
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

KFVE showed the games at 10:30 pm.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:34 pm KFVE showed the games at 10:30 pm.
Yup...I watched every game after work.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:20 am
My3Cats wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:34 pm KFVE showed the games at 10:30 pm.
Yup...I watched every game after work.
And again on Sundays. UH football used to take over my whole weekend. Saturday prep for tailgate, go to game, after game watch whatever is left of the game on tv, then watch replay again on Sunday. Not anymore.