Rich Miano for DC

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Rich Miano for DC

Post by BigWave96744 »

I know this may strike many in their nerves but for the past 6 years we have a guy who is dying to get back to coaching at UH, is financially set so won't demand a high salary and have way more coaching and playing experience than anyone on the Hawaii Staff.

We made Nevada Wolf Pack look like the NC State Wolfpack..

Also instead of having Kurt Gouveia as a LB coach, we got a Grad Assistant with no coaching experience as a package deal with Lempa. Lempa is gone but the LB coach is still learning OJT.

This may be the worst defense in Hawaii History and it starts at the top. Change has to be made this week.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Rich Miano for DC

Post by My3Cats »

At the very least, Miano is very well known as a good recruiter (wink, wink)!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Our Current DC just has to change it up. The whole league knows his schemes. Is it inexperience, stubbornness, ego? I don't know, but when the other team has your number, and you keep doing the same thing over and over and over...Damn!

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

Cal Lee!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Miano got a huge ego. They passed on him, when he felt he was in-line for the HC job. I'm sure he felt he earned it.

Miano is not going to come in, to make Rolo better.

If Rolo is fired, you can bet Miano's resume will be already "typed" up.

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:19 pm Miano got a huge ego. They passed on him, when he felt he was in-line for the HC job. I'm sure he felt he earned it.

Miano is not going to come in, to make Rolo better.

If Rolo is fired, you can bet Miano's resume will be already "typed" up.
You have no idea what makes Miano tick. Rich bleeds green and would do anything to help Rolovich win and that includes taking a coaching position under him. People who don’t know Rich mistake ego for confidence. Show me a successful coach and I’ll show you an over abundance of confidence. It’s time the “I Hate Rich Miano Club” put aside their insecurities and join Rich in supporting the program.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

If the school hires Rich Miano he will be another Gib Arnold. His recruiting practices are sketchy at best. Sure we might win more games but we probably will also have a 3 year bowl ban because of him

akuhead2
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by akuhead2 »

We need someone with passion.
Whether its Miano or Cal lee, just decide by who has more passion for the team to win now.
For those who are worried, how hard is it to sit down with Miano for an hour and set a few guidelines.
Either of these guys would be good.
Naeole was one of Chow's coaches. Chow is gone, and all of his coaches should be gone.

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by go bows »

Miano always likes to for methods to bending rules/regulations.

Dangerous hire since you must continually monitor. Plus RM is more concerned about those speed and quickness and football camps that are very profitable.

UH is just cover to enrich his other endeavors.

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

go bows wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 am Miano always likes to for methods to bending rules/regulations.

Dangerous hire since you must continually monitor. Plus RM is more concerned about those speed and quickness and football camps that are very profitable.

Can you please give us a specific example of this? Miano has never been charged or even implied with bending NCAA rules or regulations. Stop making up fake news. As for high school can you name me a top ten team in the local high school rankings which doesn't recruit or have transfer players? The "I Hate Rich Miano Club" is only exceeded in membership by the "I Hate June Jones Club." These are two coaches have sacrificed a thousand times more for the program than their detractors. What have you done lately for the program. That's what I thought.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Old Diver wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:31 am
go bows wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 am Miano always likes to for methods to bending rules/regulations.

Can you please give us a specific example of this? Miano has never been charged or even implied with bending NCAA rules or regulations. Stop making up fake news. As for high school can you name me a top ten team in the local high school rankings which doesn't recruit or have transfer players? The "I Hate Rich Miano Club" is only exceeded in membership by the "I Hate June Jones Club." These are two coaches have sacrificed a thousand times more for the program than their detractors. What have you done lately for the program. That's what I thought.
Well said Old Diver.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Old Diver wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 pm
You have no idea what makes Miano tick. Rich bleeds green and would do anything to help Rolovich win and that includes taking a coaching position under him. People who don’t know Rich mistake ego for confidence. Show me a successful coach and I’ll show you an over abundance of confidence. It’s time the “I Hate Rich Miano Club” put aside their insecurities and join Rich in supporting the program.
I actually like Miano and wanted him to be HC. You are right, Miano bleeds green. He is waiting for his chance at HC.

I would only correct your statement like this.

Rich bleeds green and would do anything to help UH win.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Just to play devils' advocate....
Remember that our current DC is a rookie, first time DC. Like all coaches, do we give him a chance? Or is it truly win now -- fire him because he is not doing good? Gotta give him one chance eh?
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by go bows »

Utilizing UH facilities for speed and quickness camp without paying a rental fee. Failing to pay taxes for his "non profit."

Utilizing the Kaiser name for his carnival despite being warned by the principal.

akuhead2
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by akuhead2 »

go bows wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Utilizing UH facilities for speed and quickness camp without paying a rental fee. Failing to pay taxes for his "non profit."

Utilizing the Kaiser name for his carnival despite being warned by the principal.
Manini !
If that's it, give him a chance. Bring him on board.

Then again, if we let this thing explode, I'm first on board to bring June Jones back. For now, who knows, maybe Miano is a winner!