Your thought on our OC

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Re: Your thought on our OC

Post by BigWave96744 »

This was started Nov 2016. Might as well rehash it as the song remains the same.

Now we can rack up the yards, but still can't score.
500+ yards, but only 21 points????? That all on the coaching

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

I’m beginning to conclude this tight-end run first spread offense is not a giant killer. The offense does well against even talent for which we are lucky we have quite a few of them but struggles against teams with marginally more talent. Colorado State is a good team but they are not a great team. To beat them Rolo is going to have to place even talent across the line of scrimmage something which will take years and a lot of patience.

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:24 am This was started Nov 2016. Might as well rehash it as the song remains the same.

Now we can rack up the yards, but still can't score.
500+ yards, but only 21 points????? That all on the coaching
This is a nickel an dime offense against marginally better talent which explains the yards but lack of scoring. Ferd Lewis had a good article on our lack of explosive plays against better teams.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Offsides and illegal procedure still? Diocemy Saint Juste caught for leaning? Really? Great coordinating. Maybe Rolovich was right that we should fine somebody for causing a penalty but I think we should fine the offensive coaches and defensive coaches for lack of preparation. Rolovich thought we should fine the players. Why not fine all the coaches for lack of preparation?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Really strange offensive play calling during the first three series of the game.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

We need a new OC

Post by BigWave96744 »

Enough with claiming our offense being high powered. Big deal when you put up 500+ years but cannot score. This excuse is getting really old.

It's all on the play calling
I know Brian Smith is Rolo's roommate from 2001 but either Rolo has to be the OC or he needs to hire someone to fix this mess real fast.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: We need a new OC

Post by Irse »

Nothing will happen until the end of the season. Anybody good already has a job and they're not leaving it for us in the middle of the season.
ImageImage

whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider

Post by whirlygig5 »

haha i used to think this too, but the real story is the defense, beileve it or not the offense is fine. This is the offense Rolo chooses to run. The problem is the defense is giving up waaaaaay to many points. This offense isn't built to score score score like june jones offense, it's built to chew up time and yards and its doing that just fine.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

OC!!! Shoot the DC is horrible!!! Time to spend some money and get a real one in here!!! I can't stand the defense, bad angles, one arm and shoe lace tackles. The defense is soft!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Somebody get Kaumeyer on the phone!!!

I can't watch this defense anymore!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

I don't see a real problem with the O, except for the penalties by the Oline. The DC does need to change his defensive philosophy—big time. IMO

amela

Post by amela »

The offense is OK but some of the o-line penalties were manini. We need a line coach that can fix the hands to the face with better techniques, how many have we had so far. Posa needs anger management control. Drew needs to get the ball out quicker and the receivers need to have better separation or is Dru waiting too long? There were times that he had enough blocking but didn't throw.
Now the defense is another story. Listening to the announcers we seem to be putting a lot of pressure and blitzing but we still can't get to the QB and our DB's aren't good enough to go man for man. They think it's too complicated and we keep getting burned. Maybe go simple and have our linebackers in position to cover the holes and help out the DB's in the middle of the field on pass plays.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Rolo said he did the play calling in the last game. Smith was on the field working with the oline. Rolo said he wanted to try it and may not have been ready to do it.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I think our offense is ok.
But if I recall correctly, the Warriors had most success with offenses run by Paul Johnson and June Jones.
We can't run the same as most and beat better teams ... unless we have a defense like the Niko Noga ones.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I think that the offense overall is fine, they just keep shooting themselves in the feet with inopportune penalties that are drive killers. OC does not coach them how to commit penalties. Stop or reduce the needless penalties and the points will follow.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.