NBA: USA vs the World

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

Irse wrote:Probably not the US team. They're too selfish. The world team would play more like a team.
I agree with that.

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

Macnut wrote:The dream team 1 was by far the best not just because of the superior talent they had but because they knew how to play as a "team"!
Now days the players don't know how to do that.
I agree with that too.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

AI has clashed with his coaches but he's never lead or been apart of a team revolt against his coach.
No but he's been a huge distraction. Don't get me wrong, I like AI, and I would be crazy to say I don't want him on the team, but I don't want him running point.

As for the anylysts, many of them are legends (I'm talkin bout TNT) I KNOW that guys like Magic Johnson, and Kenny Smith know what they are talkin about when it comes to b-ball. Same with Chuck. Steven A Smith too (yeah he didn't play ball, but I usually agree with him).

Kidd has the experience, and he's constantly played with talents of that calibre. He can manage them. Chauncey could do it as well. As for Kobe, I still say it's impressive, with the team he plays with, that the Lakers are where they are. Kinda reminds you of MJ in the mid-80s (ofcourse, Kobe is not an MJ's league nut he's close)
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

You don't think that AI's clashes with Larry Brown distracted and possibly divided his team? That's very intresting.... :wink:

giversgain
Starter
Starter

Post by giversgain »

"LeBron is probably better than Kobe, and Kobe is better than DWade. "

I beg to differ on this. Until King James start to win the big games and carry a team, Kobe is the better player. Don't get me wrong, King James will one day be King, however, there is no 1 player that can carry a team on his sholders. Duncan comes to mind as my next best player. Proof is in the puddling, there are countless of games where Kobe carried his team and took the winning shots. As of now, King James hasn't experience what it's like to win ball games on his own. Hopefully, this is the year where he can carry the Cavs and get a conference playoff series win.

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

Kobe has all the talent in the world but Kobe's problem has been a "me" first kind of guy. His ego and selfishness is just getting in his way. That alone will not make him an elite player in my eyes. Lebron is still learning the game but I don't think he'll ever be better than Kobe. It would be interesting seeing those 2 challenge each other at 1 on 1 contest. But then again a basketball game is still a team sport.
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

MJ was that way early on, untill he leaned that he could trust Paxon, Kerr, Pippen and Grant, which came later on. He began to win the first of 6 championships when he learned that.

You hope the Kobe will turn out that way if the Lakers can bring in better talent (though I don't care about them, because my team is my hometown team, and they are a HUGE mess, so I don't care about the Lakers, just the Knicks)but he won his titles, so you have to wonder if anything will motivate him to change?

AI changes when he has talent around him, but if he doesn't he takes the game on his shoulders.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

WTF? Was Iverson truly left off the national team? I said he shouldn't start at PG, but to leave him off? That's very stupid, who made that decision? L'uomo e un itdiot!