Trivia

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Trivia

Post by browndog »

Name the only 2 players in NFL history who was named to the Probowl 14 times!

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

Merlin Olsen?
Reggie White?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Merlin Olsen 14
Bruce Mattews 14
Reggie White 13
Jerry Rice 13

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

I was gonna guess Reggie and Jerry, but then I saw Bruce Mathews during a search, and I was like, I don't think so, so I didn't guess.
ImageImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Speaking of Reggie White, this is where the guy's passion of the Lord saved a brother's life...
Arizona Cardinals fullback LARRY CENTERS has been removed from the National Football Conference lineup for the Pro Bowl. Illness was listed as the reason for removing Centers from what would have been his first Pro Bowl. Atlanta's CRAIG HEYWARD will take his place.

During media day on Tuesday, Centers reportedly appeared emotional and agitated, refused interview requests, had a prayer session with Cardinals cornerback AENEAS WILLIAMS and then left, failing to return for a workout. (AP)
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... nted=print

During the 1996 Pro Bowl Week, Larry Centers was suppose to be on top of the world. His first Pro Bowl Selection was suppose to highlight his NFL career. But the opposite happened. Depression sat in... The hype of the NFL wasn't what he had expected, his marriage was on the rocks, and the world seemed to be crashing down on him. He was said to be so depressed that he thought of killing himself in Hawaii. Luckily Reggie White was there for him and drove LC to the church I attend (near Aloha Stadium) for an emergency prayer session. I was told by the church receptionist that 2 big football players came in... She said she didn't follow the NFL so didn't know who they were, only thing she could remember was that one guy's jersey said "WHITE".

The "Minister of Defense" prayer and counceling helped LC save his life and marriage. LC went on to play 2 more years at Arizona, then 2 years for the Redskins, 2 more with the Bills before finishing his career with New England. Although he was removed from the 1996 Pro Bowl Roster, he earned another invite in 2001.

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

That's a great story, BigWave.

TW 8)

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

Yeah, Reggie White was a great one, on and off the field. Boy would I have loved to have gone against him, just once! Once would've been enough to put me on my okole, I bet!

R.I.P. Reggie!
ImageImageImage

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

matthews and olsen.
my first thought was anthony munoz, but he's not even in double digits in think.