For those interested BJ Penn VS St Pierre

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
giversgain
Starter
Starter

For those interested BJ Penn VS St Pierre

Post by giversgain »

I just heard through the grapevine that:
1. GSP wanted to fight Penn because he felt that Penn was still the champion.
2. Once the match was set, GSP disappeared to Brazil to train (damn that was a good move)
3. Penn brought in some pretty interesting people to train with. So far, he has brought in Kozchek from "the ultimate fighing show". He also brought in a guy named Goeas. My sources said that he fought in Pride and UFC. The 2 guys that was brought in to train actual ended up fighting each other, meaning, all out brawl with the Goeas kicking the crap out of Kozchek.
4. Penn is scheduled to bring in Matt Lindland to town sometime this week
5. Penn is scheduled to bring in Chuck Liddell after this week.

As you can see, Penn isn't taking this fight lightly. GSP is one heck of a fighter.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Mahalos for da scoops

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

Depending on who you listen to, it'll depend on who wanted the fight. I personally think its Penn who wanted it more. GSP wants the belt, beating Penn will not get him that.

He brought in Koscheck for wrestling, being that he is a 3 or 4 time All American. He trains at AKA with BJ's friend Dave Camarillo. Allan Goes has been here for about 2 months already. He said hes supposed to be fighting Alex Stiebling at the next ROTR. I know Lindland has already been in Hilo earlier so I guess hes coming back. Penn always trains with Team Quest (Lidland, Couture etc.) a few weeks before fights. I think Liddell is also a former training partner. I think around late 2003 was when I last heard them training.

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

Are the rumors tru about Penn dropping baby fat to fight GSP. Not that it matters but it would be a good indication of how serious he is training.
i go to Vegas this wekend to watch Viloria fight and to do some business if all goes well I will be back to see this fight.
Let's Go Bows

eyelandboy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by eyelandboy »

You think BJ got a chance against Pierre?
I hope the Hilo boy wins but, Man That Canadian is BAD!

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

noasark2x2 wrote:Are the rumors tru about Penn dropping baby fat to fight GSP.
Last I heard he was about 178lbs, so he has to drop only about 7-8 pounds. But that easily doable in a couple hours in the sauna before weigh ins. Thats pretty good coming from 190lbs+ for the Machida fight.

giversgain
Starter
Starter

Post by giversgain »

I forgot to mention that BJ already dropped to 173. This is coming from a guy I know who trains in BJ's school whom I asked about yesterday. I also asked if he lost his stomach because it was getting big. He said that BJ is in great shape and that this is going to be one tough match.

On the other hand, I met Cabbage about a month ago, and let me tell you, looks are very deceiving. He looked like any other Joe. We tend to look at fighters as these huge massive guys, but he's like any other person. Also, he is very cool. I had a great time listening to Cabbage chatting about how he won his last 2 fights in Guam (before the butterbean fight). He's a nice guy.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by PCBoy »

Anybody wanna join me and my friends at Roundtable Pizza for this fight? Depending on how many people we can get to come, we might get the room to ourself. I was planning on going up to Vegas for this but I can't miss that much time from work.