Super Bust.........

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lewpac »

Alright, here we go. I swear I have to start charging for these pearls of wisdom..........
Old saying: If you want to "participate", play soccer.
If you want to "compete" play football.

You, of course, didn't get the sarcism................

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Soccer...eh? Did someone say Soccer. You know I LOVE Soccer. Ofcourse, that has a lot to do with my father being from the Old Country.

I must say though, in baseball, the Marlins, Angels, and White Sox have won recently so it shows that money doesn't win, players win. Look at Basketball. Pistons had less money than the Lakers. Football, Steelers, I believe, had less money spent than the Colts.

The argument that moneys wins titles, is somewhat true, but that point is being proven irrelevant each and every season. So perhaps, having a salary cap is unecessary after all. No one can "buy" a championship, they must earn it.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

I love that the Sports Hawaii Ohana can get into it with each other without resorting to swearing and personally attacking each other! Okay, just my 2 cents get back to it!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

My point was about your owner and his decision to pick a yes man to be his coach and that is why your cowboys fell so quickly.
As I am not a niners fan at all. I actually was a cowboys fan until Jerry Jones ego got the best of him. So your lessons on the niners owner is not anything that others don't know. I must admit for a old blow hard you still hold true to hating the niners and that I have to give you credit for.
But once agian you of all people should love the parity in football because it makes it so maybe your beloved team can win a super bowl sometime soon.
Let's Go Bows

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

Scott wrote:I love that the Sports Hawaii Ohana can get into it with each other without resorting to swearing and personally attacking each other! Okay, just my 2 cents get back to it!
Scott you M&*&% F%(&^(*& piece of S@#$! You are so full of $%** and your mom is a %*(&#!

There, back into it enough Scott?

8) Sarcasm Scott!

Oh and TW, if you need a new hat, check out this site:

HATLAND!

I've ordered from there several times, and they make the best fitted hats I've seen.
ImageImageImage

Pomai44
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Pomai44 »

First off I am a die hard Steelers fan - being born in Pittsburgh does that to you.

The thing I really like about the Steelers that they are a one owner team, the Rooney's (sp) have owned the team from the get go. They are however one of the tightest owners in the NFL. They don't waste a penny, They in away are very much like UH as they are very family oriented, loyal to their personnel, be it coaches or players.

Soon they will be into their third generation of owners I just hope that the young Rooneys will keep the organization running like the Old Man did, it's just MHO that with Art senior and Jr. it wasn't just about making money it was the love of football, they have never bailed on the town when things where down and they where down a long time before the 70's and after the 70's.

So the final line is that the Steelers didn't buy anything they earned it the hard way with work.

Thanks for letting me rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

I agree pomai they earned it and it was beatiful. I really enjoyed this years superbowl.
Let's Go Bows

lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lou909 »

lewpac wrote:Alright, here we go. I swear I have to start charging for these pearls of wisdom..........
Old saying: If you want to "participate", play soccer.
If you want to "compete" play football.

You, of course, didn't get the sarcism................
ya got that right old timer.... just goes to show you the age gap..... aight old man......

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

JWarrior wrote:
Scott wrote:I love that the Sports Hawaii Ohana can get into it with each other without resorting to swearing and personally attacking each other! Okay, just my 2 cents get back to it!
Scott you M&*&% F%(&^(*& piece of S@#$! You are so full of $%** and your mom is a %*(&#!

There, back into it enough Scott?

8) Sarcasm Scott!

Oh and TW, if you need a new hat, check out this site:

HATLAND!

I've ordered from there several times, and they make the best fitted hats I've seen.
I just read this whole thread and I'm wasted!
I'm gonna go take a nap and come back later.
By the way, is gramps or grampa now a pejorative term?

One more thing... JW, sarcasm or not, watch your fingers, young man.
(That's the forum way of saying "Watch your mouth!")
If I didn't know that it would actually encourage more of the same behavior from you,
I'd threaten you with a spanking!!! Bad behavior, JW!!! Too many dirty letters and symbols in that post.

Hey, JW, that's a cool site for hats. Mahalo!!!

TW 8)

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I've been a Cowboys fan as long as I can remember. Unfortunately we probably won't get back there unless Jones is either gone or he gets rid of his ego and hires some guys in the front office that knows football. He has ruined the team. He was the one that wanted Quincey Carter and Drew Henson when nobody else really wanted them but threw up smoke screens because they knew they could sucker Jones into paying too high a price for them.
ImageImage

lewpac
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lewpac »

I too have been a Cowboy fan my whole life, including growing up in Penna. in the 60's & 70's, so we're both not a part of the bandwagon set of recent decades. I can remember when the Cowboys were labled as the team that "couldn't win the big one" because of the losses to Green Bay and the Colts long ago.
That being said, this "owner who ruined the team" (Jones) had more Championship rings in his first 6 years as owner than Tex Schramm did in the first 31 years of the teams existence. And again, anyone who dismiss's Jones as not relevant to the building and management of those teams simply hates Jerry Jones and refuses to budge. Easy thing to do with owners like Steinbrenner and Jones, who will do whatever it takes to win.
The single biggest thing contributing to Jones' image problem is jealousy!
Don't think for a minute that the fans in Cleveland, Arizona, Detroit, NY (Jets), Buffalo, etc.......wouldn't trade in their owner for Jones in a heartbeat.
I like Jerry Jones alot and I'm overly pleased that a guy like him owns my favorite NFL team. He'll get another ring or two before he sells the team, and of course will again get no credit.