NCAA eligibility

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Kona17
High-quality H20 provider

NCAA eligibility

Post by Kona17 »

I was wondering if we got any people here who are familiar with NCAA eligibility rules. I was a baseball player back in the in high school and enlisted in the Air force after I graduated. I separate in September and am thinking of giving baseball one more try by walking on at a Juco. The thing is I have taken three classes as a part time student since I've been in has my eligibility clock already started running?

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

I think you need to be full time for your clock to start. But I could be wrong.

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

I think you're correct, but you would still have to go through the NCAA clearing house.
ImageImageImage

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I would start by contacting the JC you are thinking of walking on at and have them guide you. Good luck.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I think it matters where you took your classes..
(ie if it were a school with no baseball team your clock may not have started. But if say you went to UH-Hilo, or one of the Community Colleges associated with UH, your clock would have started.

There were numerous Football players who served time in the military then came back and played football for UH... In fact one of them is on this board :- :D :wink:

BTW, does your bro (#19) play baseball as well?

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

BigWave96744 wrote:There were numerous Football players who served time in the military then came back and played football for UH... In fact one of them is on this board :- :D :wink:
LOL Yeah, me!
ImageImageImage

Kona17

Post by Kona17 »

First of all thanks for all the info and for making feel welcome on this board all the good people make me proud to be a Warrior fan. Yes 19 did play baseball at one time but he quit when he was 13 and he may have been the most talented of all my brother's :x A little small but excellent footwork, good hands, and an uncanny ability to create a runs all by himself on the bases that’s hard to coach. Sadly he wanted to play roller hockey. :roll:

Kona17

Post by Kona17 »

BTW My three classes were taken during three seperate semester in 2003. While I was doing a tour at Kunsan AB Korea. The name of the school that ran the programe was University of Maryland University College (UMUC). Any prior military should be familiar with that particular school. I believe they are set up mainly for part time students and distance learning.