Idaho Coach Leaves

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Idaho Coach Leaves

Post by flipen »

http://mb4.scout.com/fidahofrm1.showMes ... 1106.topic

Wow! Just days after signing his recruiting class, he decides to move on to the NFL.. :-

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

WOW! That's not fair for the new recruits that signed their LOI, who selected Idaho because of Coach Holt. I guess this is how some of those players are feeling right now about him.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Dennis Erickson is rumored to be a candidate to fill the position.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/topstories/sto ... e83a4.html

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

The article says that Dennis Erickson is a candidate for the top football job at the school. (I doubt if they can get the money to pay him to coach there, but if they do, then it will be a plus for the WAC and Idaho University in possibly getting a new stadium built in the near future.)

LINK: http://www.ktvb.com/news/topstories/sto ... e83a4.html

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

uhwarriors wrote:Dennis Erickson is rumored to be a candidate to fill the position.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/topstories/sto ... e83a4.html
You got to be kidding!!!!! His first head coaching ever was at Idaho, I believe!!!

He coached at Wyoming for one year (1986). Don't ask how I nor any of the other UW fans feel about him. Up there his name is considered a very bad & dirty word!!!! In short, a weasal!!!!!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Idaho University? I thought they were the University of Idaho.

Reminds me of the Utah State game. There was this military wife there with her family watching the game. She choose to root for Hawaii and her husband stuck with Utah State. She was hilarious. Kept getting up and trying to start a wave. She actually got up in front of everyone to start the UH cheer but said, " LETS GO "H" "U" ". Everyone went quiet and then began to laugh.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

warriorfan808 wrote:Idaho University? I thought they were the University of Idaho.

Reminds me of the Utah State game. There was this military wife there with her family watching the game. She choose to root for Hawaii and her husband stuck with Utah State. She was hilarious. Kept getting up and trying to start a wave. She actually got up in front of everyone to start the UH cheer but said, " LETS GO "H" "U" ". Everyone went quiet and then began to laugh.
Oh! My mistake! :-$

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Sportsbow wrote:
warriorfan808 wrote:Idaho University? I thought they were the University of Idaho.

Oh! My mistake! :-$
Oh, thought it was a quote.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by flipen »

It's said that Holt is gonna join USC as Defensive Coordinator. Wow..Idaho had a defense? I thought Pete was his own DC, I guess the Texas game showed him otherwise..

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

flipen wrote:It's said that Holt is gonna join USC as Defensive Coordinator. Wow..Idaho had a defense? I thought Pete was his own DC, I guess the Texas game showed him otherwise..
Huh??????
Holt was at SC, then Louisville, then Idaho and now going to the Rams...
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The St. Louis Rams added nine coaches to their staff on Monday, including Idaho coach Nick Holt.

The 43-year-old Holt, who worked with new Rams coach Scott Linehan at Idaho, will be the defensive line coach. Holt was 5-18 in two seasons as head coach of the Vandals.

"I think we leave this program better than when we got here," Holt said at a news conference in Moscow, Idaho.

"Leaving you guys is the hardest decision we made in our young career," Holt said to a group of Idaho players who attended his news conference. "You guys don't need me any more."

It's Holt's first NFL job after 15 seasons as a college coach at Southern California, Louisville and Idaho.

Holt, a longtime assistant at Idaho, became the Vandals' head coach on Dec. 8, 2003, after six seasons as an assistant at USC and Louisville.

Following Linehan from Miami is Judd Garrett as tight ends coach.

Former New Orleans Saints coach and new Rams defensive coordinator Jim Haslett will be joined by two coaches from the Saints. Rick Venturi, a longtime NFL veteran, was named the Rams' assistant head coach and linebackers coach. Willy Robinson will join the Rams as secondary coach after one season in New Orleans.

Ron Milus, a former assistant with the New York Giants, will be the assistant secondary coach and Paul Boudreau will coach the offensive line.

Coaching running backs will be Wayne Moses, Doug Nussmeier will coach quarterbacks and Randy Hanson will be the offensive quality control coach.

Bob Ligashesky was retained as special teams coach.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Fo some reason, I though Hotl went to Idaho straight from SC.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by flipen »

BigWave96744 wrote:
flipen wrote:It's said that Holt is gonna join USC as Defensive Coordinator. Wow..Idaho had a defense? I thought Pete was his own DC, I guess the Texas game showed him otherwise..
Huh??????
Holt was at SC, then Louisville, then Idaho and now going to the Rams...
Yeah but there's been some new development saying that Holt is going back to SC because he was offered the DC position..

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Oh sorry Flipen... I couldn't open your link so I didn't know what it contained....

Wow the guy is a wanted man, huh???? It's a wonder why Boise State didn't try and steal him away from their statehood brothers..