Cost of Obama's vacation

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by caleyear01 »

SundayJam wrote:Did Obama take a vacation?
Bush spent almost a third of his presidency on vacation.

All presidential 'vacations' cost money, but each of the last three Democratic presidents spent far less time away from the White House than each of the last three Republican presidents. It's funny--Republicans always cry about government spending, but always manage to spend much more than their counterparts.
Yes that is true but Republicans don't spend millions and millions of dollars on health care when this country is one trillion dollars in debt. :bootyshake:

User avatar
tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2773
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:59 pm

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by tavarua88 »

of course not, they just go to war and waste billions and billions. :roll:
caleyear01 wrote:
SundayJam wrote:Did Obama take a vacation?
Bush spent almost a third of his presidency on vacation.

All presidential 'vacations' cost money, but each of the last three Democratic presidents spent far less time away from the White House than each of the last three Republican presidents. It's funny--Republicans always cry about government spending, but always manage to spend much more than their counterparts.
Yes that is true but Republicans don't spend millions and millions of dollars on health care when this country is one trillion dollars in debt. :bootyshake:

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13100
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by Irse »

When I made this thread last year, he had some unfinished business in Washington and knew he would have to fly back soon. Which is what happened. Why couldn't he have waited a few more days and fly out here just once instead of twice? Oh wait, he could just print more money and pay with that.
ImageImage

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by caleyear01 »

tavarua88 wrote:of course not, they just go to war and waste billions and billions. :roll:
caleyear01 wrote:
SundayJam wrote:Did Obama take a vacation?
Bush spent almost a third of his presidency on vacation.

All presidential 'vacations' cost money, but each of the last three Democratic presidents spent far less time away from the White House than each of the last three Republican presidents. It's funny--Republicans always cry about government spending, but always manage to spend much more than their counterparts.
Yes that is true but Republicans don't spend millions and millions of dollars on health care when this country is one trillion dollars in debt. :bootyshake:
After Obamas first term he spent more money that Bush did in eight years. So pretty much Obama spends more than Republicans.

User avatar
tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2773
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:59 pm

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by tavarua88 »

oh good another genius with no evidence to backup their claims.
caleyear01 wrote: After Obamas first term he spent more money that Bush did in eight years. So pretty much Obama spends more than Republicans.

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by caleyear01 »

tavarua88 wrote:oh good another genius with no evidence to backup their claims.
caleyear01 wrote: After Obamas first term he spent more money that Bush did in eight years. So pretty much Obama spends more than Republicans.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/national-de ... nder-bush/

May I also add that CBS is very liberal. Even the demos admit it. If you haven't watched it you should watch the Obama documentary titled: Obamanation. There are a lot of fishy things about Obama and he is doing nothing but negatives for this country.

User avatar
tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2773
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:59 pm

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by tavarua88 »

That's a rather myopic article, it doesn't factor in anything but when a president leaves and enters the office, and while yes the national debt increased, there's no context, like you know, how much Bush increased the budget when he came in and leaving a fairly large deficit and huge financial crisis right when he left. The financial bailout that some seem to forget was being implemented by Bush right when he was on his way out the door and was placed under Obama's budget in 2008, and as previously mentioned the two wars in the Middle East. If you actually look at the numbers, the annual budget spending increases are only slightly more than what Bush was spending. Is there a spending problem with the government? Yes, but please step away from the nonsense like its somehow just limited to one party.

Its never clear cut and easy as you make it sound to be unless you have a limited understanding of policy and politics and simply refuse to listen to reason and want a scapegoat for the nation's fiscal problems, then sure, go ahead and keep telling yourself its all Obama's fault and live in fantasy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... _blog.html

caleyear01 wrote:
tavarua88 wrote:oh good another genius with no evidence to backup their claims.
caleyear01 wrote: After Obamas first term he spent more money that Bush did in eight years. So pretty much Obama spends more than Republicans.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/national-de ... nder-bush/

May I also add that CBS is very liberal. Even the demos admit it. If you haven't watched it you should watch the Obama documentary titled: Obamanation. There are a lot of fishy things about Obama and he is doing nothing but negatives for this country.

User avatar
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 6815
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by SundayJam »

Bump.

Where are the shouts of indignation at Trump's hippocracy?

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13100
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 am Bump.

Where are the shouts of indignation at Trump's hippocracy?
Did Trump fly to Hawaii twice for one Christmas vacation?
ImageImage

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 3249
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:50 am

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by gopunahou »

At least the biggest Trump fan (he's posted in the HS sports section many times) hasn't come back and shown his love for him!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

User avatar
Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 4099
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: PURGATORY

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 am Bump.

Where are the shouts of indignation at Trump's hippocracy?
Re-Bump

The same place where the shouts of indignation for Trumps hair is at... :lol: :lol: :roll:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2077
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by EITSwarrior »

Irse wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:19 pm
SundayJam wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 am Bump.

Where are the shouts of indignation at Trump's hippocracy?
Did Trump fly to Hawaii twice for one Christmas vacation?
No, THANK GOD. But he has spent pretty much every weekend down in Florida playing golf on taxpayers dime.

User avatar
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 6815
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by SundayJam »

Republican media has always bemoaned deficits and yet republicans have always contributed the most to deficit spending in modern history. I can't see how anyone would begrudge Obama a vacation when he always seemed to be hard at work doing the country's business.

It's a matter of perception.

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13100
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by Irse »

I never complained about any of his other vacations. Only this one where Congress could not agree on a budget and he comes here for a couple of days, flies back to DC to sign a bill after Congress agrees then flies back out here. Could have stayed in DC until Congress agreed then fly out here.
ImageImage

User avatar
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 6815
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:23 am I never complained about any of his other vacations. Only this one where Congress could not agree on a budget and he comes here for a couple of days, flies back to DC to sign a bill after Congress agrees then flies back out here. Could have stayed in DC until Congress agreed then fly out here.
I wonder if someone in the tea party orchestrated this drama.

I don't like anything that the tea party congress has done in reaction to the popular Obama presidency. I never once thought Obama was wasting tax dollars during his presidency. I always felt he worked with a purpose.

Locked