Re: Post game suggestions to Chow

Post by Duster »

Just win, baby.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

madeinhawaii wrote:An extra million for 3 more wins last season and a possible 6 or more this season sounds cheap, right now. Oh wait, that's what they paid McMackin and fired him cause he wasn't worth it.
you are assuming that Mack's ability to coach would not have deteriorated anymore than it already did with 2 more years of coaching. There's a reason he took a buyout instead of fighting to stay or holding out for his full contracted amount... and not just because he wanted to do right by the team.

I liked Mack a lot, but it was only a matter of time before "f*ggot dancers" 2.0 or a similar incident happened.

With that said, yes, I would take Mack back over Chow... but that's like saying i'd rather fracture my leg than chop it off.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

poidog wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:An extra million for 3 more wins last season and a possible 6 or more this season sounds cheap, right now. Oh wait, that's what they paid McMackin and fired him cause he wasn't worth it.
you are assuming that Mack's ability to coach would not have deteriorated anymore than it already did with 2 more years of coaching. There's a reason he took a buyout instead of fighting to stay or holding out for his full contracted amount... and not just because he wanted to do right by the team.

I liked Mack a lot, but it was only a matter of time before "f*ggot dancers" 2.0 or a similar incident happened.

With that said, yes, I would take Mack back over Chow... but that's like saying i'd rather fracture my leg than chop it off.
Was thinking he'd sit back and let the young ;uns run the show last year and Rolo and Aranda would have moved up this year. Alas, water under the bridge, eh? Now.. how to fix what we have, eh? Think Dino Babers would come here as OC if they offered him a quarter mil (70K more than he's presently making)?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

madeinhawaii wrote:
poidog wrote:

Was thinking he'd sit back and let the young ;uns run the show last year and Rolo and Aranda would have moved up this year. Alas, water under the bridge, eh? Now.. how to fix what we have, eh? Think Dino Babers would come here as OC if they offered him a quarter mil (70K more than he's presently making)?
Mack ran a disciplined team that didn't commit many infractions...certainly not untimely ones! He also positioned up and coming coaches to take over the team after his departure...which was imminent. Now, we have a coaching staff made up entirely of losers. The incompetence of Norm's staff is just astounding.

...and the comment about the gay dance of the Notre Dame players was not that far off. Had he called their dance as fruity as a Carmen Miranda headdress no one woulda said nothin. The politically correct police really got it wrong that time.

I'd take a 6-7 Greg McMackin team or a 5-7 June Jones team over this BS any season.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Txbow wrote:
poidog wrote:post game advice for Chow: Retire.
Immediately. Chow has done enough damage to the program as it is.

You saw how quickly June Jones righted the ship. If Chow gets to a .500 team and just goes sideways a couple years, June Jones could come back if he felt charitable enough. But I wouldn't look for miracles here. The competition is tough out there. We will get some wins eventually. Our expectations are just going to be lower now.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

madeinhawaii wrote:Was thinking he'd sit back and let the young ;uns run the show last year and Rolo and Aranda would have moved up this year. Alas, water under the bridge, eh? Now.. how to fix what we have, eh? Think Dino Babers would come here as OC if they offered him a quarter mil (70K more than he's presently making)?
The story I heard was that Rolo and co. wanted to add some new wrinkles to the offense (TE, H-Back, etc) but he was overruled by Mack (and Mouse), who wanted to stay true to traditional RnS principles. This is what we would have gotten if they had gone the Miano/Rolo/Aranda route... but you are right, water under the bridge...

btw, anyone see Miano on that "Inside the Huddle" show? I never watch that show (i've been limiting my UH football to gameday-only) but I found him to be very aware and insightful. One phrase he used: "it's better to be consistently good than occasionally great"

DaBigChinese
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by DaBigChinese »

Did I read that correctly? Mack ran a disciplined team???? How many personal fouls or unsportsmanlike penalties did we have every game?! Those teams were the definition of undisciplined!! This team right now just makes dumb mistakes from bad coaching.

As for Mac, he was a good guy, but good guys dont win football games. You could see the foundation eroding from his coaching abilities as the seasons went on. As for passing it down to the younger guys like Rolo and Aranda, who knows what the idiots in upper campus wouldve decided. We needed a change, and we got Chow. Now we need another change unfortunately. Hopefully, this time, they choose someone that is young and invigorating, because this program needs some energy in it.
"Up in sunny kaimuki..." LIHOLIHO STYLE!!

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Positive, constructive criticism for UH Football Coaches

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Starting a thread to help Coaches turn the losing slide around. Positive, constructive advice only. Firing or retiring advice not acceptable.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Re: Positive, constructive criticism for UH Football Coaches

1. Run to the perimeter if runs up the middle is not productive. Use St. Juste and Anguay at RB to stretch the field.
2. Shovel passes can be effective against aggressive defensive blitzing.
3. Provide two blocking tight ends and use Bubba as a wildcat QB.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

You seem to have an obsession with the wildcat.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

1. Swing pass to RB
2. Wheel routes
3. Pass to WR crossing the middle of the field
4. Screen pass
5. Shovel pass
6. Tampa Left
7. Tampa right
8. Long Post patterns
9. back shoulder passes
9. Down and out patterns greater than 10 yds
10. Passes to TE downfield/middle/seam greater than 10 yards
11. Outlet/check down pass to RB when all WRs are covered

12 DO NOT Run on 1st down more than 50% of the time.
13 DO NOT Run on 2nd down more than 33% of the time.
14 DO PASS more often 10-15 yards out... Seriously!

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

EITSwarrior wrote:You seem to have an obsession with the wildcat.
you not noticing Bubba running down the field when he gets touches?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:
Yeah I see him, but is he a legit threat to throw the ball? If not, then you'll just have the defense keying on him and the RB. Plus the touches he does get is in space. Getting the ball as a wildcat qb is a whole different ball game.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

EITSwarrior wrote:
wailukuwarriorfan wrote:
Yeah I see him, but is he a legit threat to throw the ball? If not, then you'll just have the defense keying on him and the RB. Plus the touches he does get is in space. Getting the ball as a wildcat qb is a whole different ball game.
On the Call the Coach show, Coach Chow is saying that it's a 10 man offense against an 11 man defense. Not so with a mobile quarterback, but how about one that is quick, elusive and can pass?

Bubba played exclusively at quarterback as a senior and qualified first-team all-CIF, all-valley and all-league honors…threw for more 1,700 yards, rushed for 754 yards and accounted for 32 touchdowns in 15 games. Our team is 0-7 this season. Coaches had him on defense, and moved him to WR recently. They need to find ways to get him the ball.

Same thing with Keelan Ewaliko, who is redshirting this year. Fastest runner in the State of Hawaii. He was 22-0 in HS league play as a starting Quarterback …threw for 2,503 career yards (197-of-379) with 36 TDs, and rushed for 1,815 yards. The Coaches also are trying him on defense.

FASBOY'90
Starter
Starter

Post by FASBOY'90 »

Give other players opportunities to contribute. Bring back Aaron Price and let him take complete control of the offense as he was expecting before he decided not to be a puppet an bolt. He showed more promise as an OC during spring camp. That's until he was told he would be the puppet in a box.