Is M.Wie's public crying getting old?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Who isn't jealous of a rich person? Yeah, I'm the oldest 23 year old on earth
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

BKWarrior wrote:Who isn't jealous of a rich person? Yeah, I'm the oldest 23 year old on earth
I'm jealous.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Of her boyfriend? :-

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Maybe of her speech therapist. She's still young enough to cry but is she still young enough to talk like a baby?

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

H20 wrote:Maybe of her speech therapist. She's still young enough to cry but is she still young enough to talk like a baby?
A lot of asian women talk like her.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

that just proves H20 has no idea bout asian women... especially asian youth.. why do you keep treating her like shes 25... man treat her as she is... a YOUTH prodigy who is good enough to beat anyone on this board and their mamas... just cuz she got skills dont mean she has to act or even knows how to act like a 25 yearold.. sure theres glimpses of how mature she is but after all she is 16 and 16 year olds last i checked are still growing, learning about themselves, and last but not least are still going through freakin puberty.. so give her a break if she sheds tears after a loss... atleast shes out there doing her thing... heh id HATE to be a sports star here in hawaii... people are never satisfied and never appreciate anything...all they do is beach and moan whenver something doesnt fit their liking. kinda makes you wonder why there are soo many f***d up youth here in hawaii bad parents.. and the good ones are smart enough to go away and make a name for themselves. then come back when theyre mature enough to handle the pressure that everyone gives them. no wonder why so many of our top talent leave for washington, oregon st, etc... " US" the local people never stop biiting and moaning about so and so player not living up to THEIR expectations. id hate to bust my donkey, bleed and sweat for ungrateful fans who only have nice things to say when ur doing good.. but NEVER give support when theyre in a slump.

H20

Post by H20 »

IPatentllo7o1 wrote:that just proves H20 has no idea bout asian women... especially asian youth..
Are you kidding me? How can someone grow up in Hawaii and NOT know about them ;) . I could have sworn I posted on this last night but I guess I forgot. How is being a 16 year old asian girl connected to not speaking well? Is it genetic? Of course I've heard asian girls speak like that, in school, where it's more like they do that just to be cute. If its genetic then I can understand, otherwise I say you're a public figure and representing Hawaii on a National scale, act like it and learn to speak well. She may not have wanted to be so popular and have to grow up in a hurry but guess what, it happened. She is obviously not a normal 16 year old which is why people don't treat her like one. I don't know what it has to do with being asian. There are 12 year olds with more articulation than her. It's like Pidgin, I am SO glad I can turn it on and off. How she speaks or how people sound when they speak pidgin says nothing about how smart they really are, I know that, I mean she goes to Punahou right. But if anyone thinks that talking like a baby or in broken english in professional situations doesn't make you sound like an idiot, you're dreaming.

But again, if it's true that theres absolutely no way she can speak better because she's asian and it's in her blood I'll understand.

And we are not the ones she's playing against so I dont see what us playing her in golf has to do with anything. This is a sports board, do you expect us to NOT say anything about the NFL, or UH football either because we don't play for them?

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Asian girls sound hot, and they turn me on.

jkk808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by jkk808 »

I don't get it, what's wrong with the way Michelle Wie talks?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Michelle Wie crying just means that she gives a rip! If she was only concerned about the money or fame then she wouldn't be crying, I think she was emotional because she felt that she let people down. I cry all the time, but I'm a big fat wussy! But I give a rip!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

jkk808 wrote:I don't get it, what's wrong with the way Michelle Wie talks?
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's her voice. Even as she becomes more confident and beigns to show that in her interviews, she'll still have the same voice.

Also, there are 12 year olds that can out articulate everyone on this board. Comparing them to her is unfair. She is who she is and she'll grow into the person she is meant to be. From what I've been seeing, her and her family are doing a great job in directing her life.

I don't speak as well as the next guy. In fact, a lot of people confuse me with someone a lot younger when they hear me speak. I don't see it as me being less of a man, just different.

I think she sounds cute. Oh yeah, I'm not saying that in a R Kelly way.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

see scotts the man he knows a real man can cry. some guys have too much pride or are too much of a MAN that they cant , dont know how to, or wont let themselves cry.. or they do but keep it on the dl so no one knows... you still havent answered me why do you critisize wies crying when friggin football players and bball players cry and make more noise then a 16 year old girl... shes handles herself alot better then some of the guys on the UH football team... shes 16 WHY does she have to talk perfect english and SOUND like shes 20+... let her be a kid, afterall she still is one.. heh so why cant she talk all cutesy... she can make it work unlike some people.... if i saw annika talkin like that id be like thats fukkin wierd.... but michelle it fits... oh i know what it is... she doesnt talk like a tita or a butch right?? always straight... no joking... no emotions.. just straight up ....

H20

Post by H20 »

Yeah the crying thing I agree with you, that kind of pressure on her being so young is really tough. I do root for her though and hope one day breaks many more barriers.

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

RE: Is M.Wie's public crying getting old?

Post by AreaCode808 »

i'd hit it!! :-$ :thumbup: :lol:

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

BKWarrior wrote:Asian girls sound hot, and they turn me on.
remember, the original question on this thread was:

Is M.Wie's public crying getting old?

BK, "Asian girls sound hot, and they turn me on" ... you win for the award for the most honest response