Philadelphia signs Timmy Chang

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
uhwarriors

Philadelphia signs Timmy Chang

Post by uhwarriors »

From ESPN:
Philadelphia Eagles Signed quarterback Tim Chang, wide receivers Michael Gasperson and Edward Simms, tight ends Andy Thorn and Jonas Crafts, center Dominic Furio, punter Reggie Hodges, defensive end Darrell Lee, defensive tackle Jeremy Caudill and safeties Ed Canonico, Corey Peoples and Brandon Pinderhughes.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

masu
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by masu »

Good for TC...

The Eagles site has him allocated to NFL Europe!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/transactions.jsp

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

TC to Philly, CO resigns with the Jags, glad to see them still in the mix..
Damn TO if he didn't F-Up, we could have heard Chang-to-Owens... Touchdown...

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Kenyota Marshall, a former UH player was on the first list. Now he's not listed. We could have used him couple years ago.
ImageImage

sponger48
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by sponger48 »

Who knows, if Broncos let Lelie go or fail to re-sign, ????

Seems they have him on the side, under utilized. If I remember, this is the final year of his contract. Not rure, but thought he signed a 3 year deal.
Hawaii, home of WORLD Championship baseball!!!!
Our name is the WARRIORS!!!!
Anything is possible, if you don't give up!

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Just like I said before, NFL EUROPE! Damn, why didn't the Cards listen to me in the first place. THE SAGA CONTIUES WU-TANG WU-TANG, I mean, TC TC
but, uhm...there's two posts for the same topic :-?
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

BigWave96744 wrote:TC to Philly, CO resigns with the Jags, glad to see them still in the mix..
Damn TO if he didn't F-Up, we could have heard Chang-to-Owens... Touchdown...
ah man thats right! :P :D

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I'm wondering where Timmy Chang will be playing. How does NFL Europe work? Do NFL teams place all their players on a particular NFL Europe team or can they be assigned to any team?

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

uhwarriors wrote:I'm wondering where Timmy Chang will be playing. How does NFL Europe work? Do NFL teams place all their players on a particular NFL Europe team or can they be assigned to any team?
I think that the players are assigned to a team by the league but I'm not sure. Rolo would know if he pops in here and sees this thread.

sponger48
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by sponger48 »

Isn't Jeff Rheinbold (sp) a former NFL europe assistant coach? I think BK Warrior is right though, they get assigned to teams. Gives the franchise the chance to further evaluate and develop players that may be 'on the shelf'.
Hawaii, home of WORLD Championship baseball!!!!
Our name is the WARRIORS!!!!
Anything is possible, if you don't give up!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

A caller this morning said (and he seemed to be an NFL Europe enthusiast) that the six teams drafts the players. I tried looking on the NFL Europe website for a date or more info on it but couldn't find anything. I'll send them an email asking the question.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

rolo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by rolo »

Atleast a few years ago, the six teams do have a sort of draft. I got the impression it has more of a "splitting up of the players" feel to it. So, getting draft in the early rounds has nothing to do with differences in compensation like other professional drafts. I talked to Timmy because he is training in Arizona to get ready, and I'm now here for the Rattlers in arena. I think he sounds as confident as I've heard him. He has matured a lot, and if he is able to zone in like he did the end of his senior season, he could really help himself come fall training camp time. The playing experience and game film will be great for his future.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

rolo wrote:I'm now here for the Rattlers in arena.
Hey Rolo,
Heard on KKEA, this morning that your were in AZ....
Good luck, we will be following your progress..
BTW, any other former UH Alum or Hawaii locals on your team or in the league?

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

Good luck Nick!

ral808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ral808 »

rolo wrote:Atleast a few years ago, the six teams do have a sort of draft. I got the impression it has more of a "splitting up of the players" feel to it. So, getting draft in the early rounds has nothing to do with differences in compensation like other professional drafts. I talked to Timmy because he is training in Arizona to get ready, and I'm now here for the Rattlers in arena. I think he sounds as confident as I've heard him. He has matured a lot, and if he is able to zone in like he did the end of his senior season, he could really help himself come fall training camp time. The playing experience and game film will be great for his future.
Wooo....NR.....great haring about you again. I thought for sure after your hula bowl (I think it was that one you were in) performance (that great long ball TD pass to the guy from UM) you were a shoo in to get drafted.

Keep your head up, I've never seen anyone have a run like you did in those last three games.......

Hopefully TC will shine in NFL Europe.
I am the Official UH Football Sallow Adherent!!