Cost of Obama's vacation

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by Irse »

With him flying back and forth to Washington, how much is it costing taxpayers? Another example that these politicians don't get it. It costs us money. He should have stayed in Washington.
ImageImage

Irse

Re: Cost of Obama's vacation

Post by Irse »

Apparently it's 7 mil.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Did Obama take a vacation?
Bush spent almost a third of his presidency on vacation.

All presidential 'vacations' cost money, but each of the last three Democratic presidents spent far less time away from the White House than each of the last three Republican presidents. It's funny--Republicans always cry about government spending, but always manage to spend much more than their counterparts.

Irse

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote:Did Obama take a vacation?
Bush spent almost a third of his presidency on vacation.

All presidential 'vacations' cost money, but each of the last three Democratic presidents spent far less time away from the White House than each of the last three Republican presidents. It's funny--Republicans always cry about government spending, but always manage to spend much more than their counterparts.
He spent over 7 mil on something.
How much did each of the presidents spend away from the White House?
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote: He spent over 7 mil on something.
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/presid ... tion-days/
at least two recent presidents — by Knoller’s count — took less "vacation" time during their first year than President Obama — Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.
http://politic365.com/2012/05/08/obamas ... -the-most/
Calls to several Presidential libraries reveal that President Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, was on vacation more — 1,020 days — than any U.S. President since Herbert Hoover and possibly more than any other President in history.
Any US president will run up a tab traveling on Air Force One with Secret Service. Who said Obama paid $7mill? I don't think he spends more than previous heads of state.

Irse

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote:
Irse wrote: He spent over 7 mil on something.
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/presid ... tion-days/
at least two recent presidents — by Knoller’s count — took less "vacation" time during their first year than President Obama — Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.
http://politic365.com/2012/05/08/obamas ... -the-most/
Calls to several Presidential libraries reveal that President Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, was on vacation more — 1,020 days — than any U.S. President since Herbert Hoover and possibly more than any other President in history.
Any US president will run up a tab traveling on Air Force One with Secret Service. Who said Obama paid $7mill? I don't think he spends more than previous heads of state.
It was in the Advertiser but I can't get the search to work.

Here's a quote from the Hawaii Reporter, whatever that is
Travel time for Air Force One direct from Washington D.C. to Hawaii is about 9 hours or as high as $1,635,813 each way for a total of $3,271,622 for the round trip to Hawaii and back.

The President will have made two round trips to Hawaii via Air Force One within a matter of days bringing the total for his air travel to more than $6.4 million, and the cost of the trip to more than $7.2 million.
http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2013/ ... 85776.html

Regardless if it's Democrat or Republican, if they can't balance the budget, they should be more careful in spending taxpayer's money. Not one place did I mention Democrats in general, I mentioned politicians, both Democrats and Republicans. I just read where Bush spent over $20 mil on vacations one year. That's outrageous and stupid. If I ran my household like how they run the govt., I would be broke like how the govt is broke.
ImageImage

FASBOY'90
Starter
Starter

Post by FASBOY'90 »

Wonder how much private, state, city and federal officials get paid working around the presidents arrival. Supreme Davis Bacon Wages? or Optimus Prime State Prevailing Wages? lol. Maybe that's why the tab is in the millions.

Irse

Post by Irse »

FASBOY'90 wrote:Wonder how much private, state, city and federal officials get paid working around the presidents arrival. Supreme Davis Bacon Wages? or Optimus Prime State Prevailing Wages? lol. Maybe that's why the tab is in the millions.
They also got to fly two airplanes. One has the president and his family and the other is a decoy.
ImageImage

Paul B
All-American
All-American

Post by Paul B »

They have to spruce up Camp David, cause these vacays are getting expensive!

willielee
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by willielee »

there are few things which we know are wrong but we can not do much about it!! miss delaware sex tape

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

willielee wrote:there are few things which we know are wrong but we can not do much about it!!
:o WHOA! This kind of sums up our UH rainbow football problem! :roll:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Irse

Post by Irse »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
willielee wrote:there are few things which we know are wrong but we can not do much about it!!
How about UH in general.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
How about UH in general.
Not to mention University of Wyoming as well. :roll: "We are who we are" mentality. :roll: :roll:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Incredible. The cost of Obama's vacation could have funded Coach Chow's payout and the hiring of a new head coach, plus covered the expected athletic department deficits for 2013 and possibly 2014. Too bad.
:munky2:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote:Incredible. The cost of Obama's vacation could have funded Coach Chow's payout and the hiring of a new head coach, plus covered the expected athletic department deficits for 2013 and possibly 2014. Too bad.
:munky2:
LOL...Boise State kept relevant because every time a head coach left for greener pastures others stayed behind. Just think, we could've had our own Chris Petersen in the likes of Rolovich, Aranda, or Miano. Instead, we got stuck with...

Speaking of expenditures in the home state...how much revenue did Obama bring to the state each time he took a vacation here?