NFL Draft

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

I think Carr could me marginally successful, if he had good protection. They have Davis (a good rb) and Johnson (a good WR from....the U) so he has weapons. He could at least, get them to 9-7 if he had more protection, though, I don't think he could ever snif a Super Bowl.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

browndog wrote:
BKWarrior wrote:At this point, though I like Young better, look at the most successful teams over the last few years. NE, Indianapolis, Pittsburg etc. Their QBs don't run much. Maybe it'll change (Philly made it to the SB with McNabb) but at this point I think Leinhart would be a "safer" choice. BUT, in the long run, Young will be better, he will need more time though, to develop than ML.
With a guy like him, he will have to sit, relax, and learn before he can be shot out there. The Texans need a quick fix, which I don't think will happen. Besides, I think they really need more help on the OL than anything else.
i agree that the texans seem to need more OL help, they have invested 4 years into Carr and Vince Young may take another 4 to develop. Philly did make the superbowl, but by then McNabb's running was relatively limited vs his passing.
Philly didn't make it to the Super Bowl because of McNabb. They got there because of TO.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

I agree with part of that. Without TO, they're never in a position to get there, but he was out for quite sometime, and they had to do somethin to get the rest of the way. Let's see, McNabb, TO and, was it Buckhalter?(That RB who was a dual threat) thoes were the guys. Remember, Without TO they made it to a couple of Confrence Championships. I just wish TO would go to the ATL, I think that would be the best place for him.

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

BKWarrior wrote:I agree with part of that. Without TO, they're never in a position to get there, but he was out for quite sometime, and they had to do somethin to get the rest of the way. Let's see, McNabb, TO and, was it Buckhalter?(That RB who was a dual threat) thoes were the guys. Remember, Without TO they made it to a couple of Confrence Championships. I just wish TO would go to the ATL, I think that would be the best place for him.
Brian Westbrook was their running back. He went out with a season ending injury.

Why do you think Hotlanta would be the best fit? Because of Vick? Personally, I hate the Falcon's offense. Maybe better receivers will help, but I think it's more their offensive philosophy than anything.

If I was an NFL GM, I would stay the hell away from TO. Too much drama. I wouldn't want someone like him on my team.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

i think TO would be a pretty good fit in dallas where the tuna may control him to some extent like keyshawn. that pick up would put the cowboys right up there for one of the toughest teams in the NFC next year.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

TemeculaWarrior wrote:
JWarrior wrote:Nah he came back for the Ball Room Dancing. He's got a thing for old ladies!
JWarrior, you knew that JLo was Matt's instructor at USC this semester.
She was hired, for a pretty penny I might add, after the success of the movie “Shall We Dance?”
How old are you that you think she's an "old lady?" Yikes, dude! You must be twelve!!!

TW 8)
J-Lo = B.O.M.B. BOMB!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Damn! J.Lo was the dance instructor?..SC probably recruited her to teach dancing to lure Leinart back for his senior, very smart indeed! :lol:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

SC probably paid her a nominal fee of $0.01 so to justify her as a paid instructor... So Alum probably dropped $999,999.99 (as a tax write off) to cover the rest of her salary. :roll:

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

TO has been successful with running QBs. He seems to know where to be when a QB is scrambling, so I think he'd give Vick a life-line when he's running. Look at the QBs TO has had success with:
Steve Young
Jeff Garcia
Donovan McNabb

TO is always where you need him to be when your a running QB. Plus, ATL need a number one reciever,PLUS TO want's to go there. He's a southerner, he should be in the south. :roll: :lol:

lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lou909 »

nothing against V. Young but... after seeing how Vick has done in the pro's i would take Leinart over Young if I had a choice..... in the pro's a pure pocket passer is much more valuable than a scrambler.... i mean someone said earlier that teams with pure pocket passers have had the most success... peyton,palmer,brady,hasselback...... and the reason fpr that is because of the speed in the NFL....what Young has done in college is unbelievable but in the pro's it is different... you have linemen with LB speed and LB's with corner speed... in other words the NFL is 10x faster than college....and back to the Vick comparisson.... when he entered the league what did people say he needed to do... improve his passing game..... well it has been 4 seasons now and Vick is ranked at the bottom of the passing statistics... the reason why?..... is because he depends too much on his running ability rather than staying in the pocket and making reads...who can blame him though... if I had his speed i would run like crazy too... but that stlyle of play can shorten your career as we saw with Vick his second season..take away his legs and he is a below avg. QB..... now days you hear a lot of people say that shaub should be the starter at QB for ATL and Vick should be moved to slot or wideout or be another slash ala kordel....why?....because Shaub is the better QB.... all i'm saying is that Young is very comparable to Vick and after seeing what Vick has done as a QB (not as a playmaker but as a QB).... I would think twice about choosing YOung over Leinart...

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

If i were the texans I would take Vince Young if I could not trade the pick for more picks. I would then trade david carr. Vince Young would fill seats plus even if you draft o-linemen it will take a while for them to improve this way you have a mobile qb to keep from just sitting back there and getting hurt. The other thing about Young is his passing is light years ahead of Vick he actually reminds me of another QB named Young.
Let's Go Bows

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

sorry, but vince young is too slow. he doesn't have the same speed as vick to do all them fancy jukes. he was more of a straight forward runner
sure he was able to run all over usc and others, because of the defense that was there. everyone was deep in coverage, or blitzin, and he'd run to the open under.
and there won't be broken tackles against him either. he's a big boy, but so are all the other defenders in the league. they're not no weak small fry like average college players.
but maybe the texans need anything that they can do to boost interest. they'll all be riding the high from the national championship, and with him, they might be able to sell more seats. but again, they've already had their chance with the #1 qb pick in carr (who i believe wasn't that hot to begin with either. that one lucky last year in fresno, and we beat him too that year!).
but we'll see, if pat hill gets the job too, you can never tell. he might want to keep his old qb, and forgo the hype of v.young.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

white

Post by browndog »

looks like L White is also turning pro. i think he will be All-Pro in about 2-3 years. he should be a top 10 pick. teams like the Jets (with aged curtis martin) and arizona could use him.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I don't TO would be a good fit anywhere. Especially not in Dallas.

If I were the Texans, I would get some help on the OL. Trade the pick for some line help. It all begins with the line. Young won't be as effective in the NFL. He's not a great passer and after a few runs, he won't run as much.
ImageImage

ral808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ral808 »

Houston will be doing the right thing in taking Bush. Once they get some better protection for Carr, he will be just fine. They already have a 1,000 back in the 20+ carries a game in Davis. Bush will never be a 20 carry running back. His value is his versatility in running, catching, and returns.
I am the Official UH Football Sallow Adherent!!